Switching to higher buffer...
Trigging vulnerability...

mcmrc1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had the same issue. Try using another usb cable also microusb to usb c adapter works for me :) ! Or just try replug the cable on the switch ! Not the PC...

I testet all Ports on my PC. USB 2 and 3 front and back but every time win 10 just found a unrecogniseable device.
After i repluged on the switch the cable some times it worked fine ;) Seems i had a shitty cable.

With my microusb to usb c adapter it is working now everytime :)

Dont forget to install the the libusbk driver via Zadig over the apx win driver :)

mcmrc1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have the cable from the controll pro from my switch and where i can find the drivers?

h t t p s://zadig.akeo.ie/

After your switch get recognizes as APX device -> Start Zadig -> Choose the APX -> change the driver to libusbk and install it.
Now you can send payloads :)

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 589
Reactions: shomalon

deaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Connecting directly to the motherboard behind can do the job, also try to change the cable.
Those 2 things solved my problems...

symish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Literally had the same problem. The only thing that made it work was plugging it in again and again. As far as I know, there's no fix outside of repetition.

same issue here...Im desperate, at the benning it worked like a charm...now device not recognised everytime

JanewayParisLzdKid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have this problem too. Device descriptor not recognized. I've tried Windows 10, 8, Ubuntu, the RCM Android App and SX Pro. Nothing works. Both RCM or normal mode, device descriptor failed.
A friend came over the other day with his switch. All my methods worked for him no problem. The same cables and everything worked for him and not me.

After weeks of trying everything I've come to the conclusion that it's hardware related. I've heard of people breaking something in the charging port or blowing a fuse related to the port.
Whatever it is, there is no fix for us unless we send it in for repair.

When a USB device is plugged into a port, it sends a device ID to the OS so the OS knows what it is, what drivers to load, etc.
My switch simply doesn't send an ID back to the OS. So no matter what I plug it into, I get the same results.

What I find interesting is that I can still dock it and play on my tv. The HDMI and charging still work.
I'm guessing the dock doesn't request the Device ID like everything else does.
I was hopeful that maybe the SX Pro doesn't bother with a Device ID check, but it doesn't work, so I'm guessing it does.

My one big guess is that I plugged my switch into a 3rd party USB-C hub (The ones most Mac users would need) when it was new before all the articles about how it's bad for you switch were released.
I'm guessing that the bad hub somehow triggered a fuse.

Either I get my switch repaired or I wait for non-rcm/usb port exploit.
Well, that's what I WOULD say if I hadn't just bought a used switch, tablet only, on ebay yesterday.

symish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
same issue here...Im desperate, at the benning it worked like a charm...now device not recognised everytime
ùI found a solution in my case. When I connect it, I keep pressing the power button for 10 seconds, then I relese it and press the power button once again. After that my PC recognises my Switch

Nuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
A bit off topic but I can't even get mine into RCM mode anymore, the screen goes black like it should, but when I plug in a cable it boots up.

Same problem here. Screen goes black, I need to hard reset if I want to turn it on again, but it seems to not get into RCM mode.

Did you find out a solution?

Thanks!

TheDukeflied

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
So I have this problem too. Device descriptor not recognized. I've tried Windows 10, 8, Ubuntu, the RCM Android App and SX Pro. Nothing works. Both RCM or normal mode, device descriptor failed.
A friend came over the other day with his switch. All my methods worked for him no problem. The same cables and everything worked for him and not me.

After weeks of trying everything I've come to the conclusion that it's hardware related. I've heard of people breaking something in the charging port or blowing a fuse related to the port.

When a USB device is plugged into a port, it sends a device ID to the OS so the OS knows what it is, what drivers to load, etc.
My switch simply doesn't send an ID back to the OS. So no matter what I plug it into, I get the same results.

What I find interesting is that I can still dock it and play on my tv. The HDMI and charging still work.
I was hopeful that maybe the SX Pro doesn't bother with a Device ID check, but it doesn't work, so I'm guessing it does.

My one big guess is that I plugged my switch into a 3rd party USB-C hub (The ones most Mac users would need) when it was new before all the articles about how it's bad for you switch were released.

Well, that's what I WOULD say if I hadn't just bought a used switch, tablet only, on ebay yesterday.
Hey there, did you find the reason for that? or still nothing can work?

antle1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Hey there! Wondering if you got it fixed finally? If so did it cost you alot, what was the problem? I'm in the same boat right now. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNY4DFhf6xM