200_s.gif

Reactions: Deleted User

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows 9 would probably have been better than Windows 10 anyway had they been arsed to make it.
What's that supposed to mean? The numbers after windows have been meaningless since windows 3. Windows 10 is just their name, it's supposed to be about all platforms being linked or something. Windows 9 would be no different, it would just have a worse name.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

What's that supposed to mean? The numbers after windows have been meaningless since windows 3. Windows 10 is just their name, it's supposed to be about all platforms being linked or something. Windows 9 would be no different, it would just have a worse name.
IIRC the real reason they skipped 9 was because some third-party programs check if your Windows version starts with "Windows 9", and if it does, recognizes it as Windows 95 or 98.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC the real reason they skipped 9 was because some third-party programs check if your Windows version starts with "Windows 9", and if it does, recognizes it as Windows 95 or 98.
Compatibility mode should kick in, if anything, but I don't believe that's the reason.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh turns out they jumped from Windows 6.4 to 10. But normally I think the program would ask for 'if version 4.8 then windows 98' so I don't think it would be a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: