Windows 7 Support End - Microsoft "discreet" reminds you.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Microsoft displays warning messages in Windows 7 about the impending end of support:

Supportende-fuer-Windows-7-1556116963-0-12.jpg

https://betanews.com/2019/04/23/windows-7-end-of-suppor-tmessage/

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder if we will have a good version of Windows to replace it as and when. Mind you I was watching some stuff the other day* and it seems my usual first pass thing that I would do to customise Windows like I would for 7 and 8 is not enough and I have to kick it a bit more old school with scripts and registry tweaks.

*not entirely what I was going for but somewhere near

Failing that I wonder if some people could be persuaded to give Linux a go. Between most things being web based these days and much open source software being good for people that just want to do then I could see something.

Reactions: Alexander1970
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder if we will have a good version of Windows to replace it as and when. Mind you I was watching some stuff the other day* and it seems my usual first pass thing that I would do to customise Windows like I would for 7 and 8 is not enough and I have to kick it a bit more old school with scripts and registry tweaks.

*not entirely what I was going for but somewhere near

Failing that I wonder if some people could be persuaded to give Linux a go. Between most things being web based these days and much open source software being good for people that just want to do then I could see something.

The dream you desire is windows 10 ltsc
No bloat
No UWP
No shit
Its the paradise for windows 7 users

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While it is an official one and thus has more going for it than some of the similar things that have been popular since at least XP (with people also making ones for earlier editions around that time) I am slightly hesitant there. Their focus on embedded systems doing that for me.

I am no stranger to running odd versions of Windows against what they are aimed at (various people had the server equivalent of Vista when Vista was busy being awful but XP was not what they needed).

Could be worth a punt though, especially for a gaming system if I build another before a suitable replacement for 10 appears. Might have to evaluate it alongside the stuff above when I do that.

Thanks.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.:)

Microsoft displays warning messages in Windows 7 about the impending end of support:

https://betanews.com/2019/04/23/windows-7-end-of-suppor-tmessage/
At least this time, Microsoft isn't being manipulative with their messages, like they were with the Windows 10 offer. When doing the free Windows 10 upgrade offer, they only provided "upgrade now" or "upgrade later" options, not making it obvious that one could just exit out of the window.

That all being said, it is highly recommended that anyone still using Windows 7 update to either Windows 10 or an actively supported Linux distribution. One can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free, if you know what you're doing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol