Gaming Windows 7 automatic Backup Function

Raki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Heya,

There is one thing I really like about OS X leopard (and higher) which is TimeMachine, a automatic backup solution. Now Microsoft implented something similar into Windows 7...and it's quite neat
have you tried it already? How did you like it?

One thing I don't like about it is, that it's not bootable and won't restore your whole system as far as I have tried it

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What backup function are you referring to? Shadow copy, system state, 'backup'?

All such functions in W7 aren't really all that useful. 3rd party backup applications are far more useful.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TimeMachine seems like a more advanced version of Microsoft's system restore feature. Looks nice if you have the room to spare for such a feature. I'm not aware of Windows 7 having anything exactly like that.

Senbonzaku101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I don't have an optical drive for my notebook, or an external HDD, I can't attest to the usefulness of this feature, however according to the feature description: you can create a system repair disc that is bootable and that will restore your computer to a "System Image" that you create.

"System Image Warning:
When you restore your computer from a system image, it's a complete restoration. You can't choose individual items to restore, and all of your programs, system settings, and files are replaced with those on the system image."

So I believe this is an equivalent to Time Machine, if you create system images regularly.

Raki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Edhel said:
TimeMachine seems like a more advanced version of Microsoft's system restore feature. Looks nice if you have the room to spare for such a feature. I'm not aware of Windows 7 having anything exactly like that.

I came to that conclusion as well...it seems to do a full backup everytime it makes one...not just changing the files which were changed...oO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y