windhex not working??

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by psycoblaster, Feb 10, 2008.

Feb 10, 2008

windhex not working?? by psycoblaster at 9:55 AM (1,442 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. psycoblaster
    OP

Member psycoblaster Divine

Korea, South
    ok, here is the problem.

????????

lets take that word for an example, and i'm using the Tales of Innocence Rom.

I want to search it. if i type in japanese, or if i copy and paste, look what it automatically changes to.
    [​IMG]

and if i do the kana search and click on a letter, nothing comes out T^T

HELP!

2. RaiDesu

Member RaiDesu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    There's your problem. Note how it says "Find ASCII Text..."

Japanese is usually in SJIS, UTF-8 or EUC-JP.

3. psycoblaster
    OP

Member psycoblaster Divine

Korea, South
    sorry for the late reply, but even relative search, the same thing happens. and because this was originally created for snes ?? or nes roms, very easy to use, and shows the japanese characters, and can load tables, but .... japanese search just doesn't work. there is also a kana search, but if i type japanese in it or click on one of the kanas below, nothing happens. So i don't quite think that is my fault.

4. RaiDesu

Member RaiDesu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just ran it. I can't even get input in Japanese (it just clears it). Perhaps try another hex editor?

I'm running on Windows XP, with Japanese Locale, Japanese Non-Unicode and Japanese IME. So, I think it's an issue with the app.

5. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    Actually the reason the kana search doesnt work is because you either don't have that symbol in the table file or because something is very very wrong with your computer. The reason for japanese searching in any other search boxes is because they are meant to be just ascii, the kana search on the other hand supports japanese as long as it finds the symbols in your table file.