Gaming Win.rar will not Extract my Rom

FullMetalPuppet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This may be in the wrong forum but Whenever i try to extract a Rom from win.rar or 7Zip it keeps on saying the file is corrupt etc. so i download the rom from somewhere else and it says the same thing.
If u know what is going on please help. Or if these roms are corrupt what website has working roms.

lifeasbirds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if the program worked in extracting roms before, but with one game you tried to extract two seperate downloads are corrupt, then you probably downloaded the same file from two different sites, both of which were corrupt.

FullMetalPuppet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No i have tried from about 4 sites and nothing seems to work. The rom in question is 5227 Rune factory 3 and nothing seems to work so maybe it is the roms fault.?

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sounds more like your downloads are acting up and you're downloading halfassed files.
Try using some kind of a download manager so they download fully.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lifeasbirds said:
if the program worked in extracting roms before, but with one game you tried to extract two seperate downloads are corrupt, then you probably downloaded the same file from two different sites, both of which were corrupt.
As Killermech said, sounds more like it's your downloading that's the problem... I would also suggest a download manager, and recommend Firefox + the DownThemAll addon.

FullMetalPuppet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep found the problem as KillerMech sed halfassed files.
Tried downloading a download manager only problem is it didnt download it fully and it sed the file is corrupt.

Ringo619

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try clearing your cache and cookies by using ccleaner or via your browser or try a different browser

FullMetalPuppet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jesus Christ on a cracker notin is working and i am considering throwin my M3 Card out the window. Shall i jus buy the game on ebay and use my action replay

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using 7zip. I have encountered files that were zipped using 7zip (as rar files) that will sometimes not unzip with winrar and you have to use 7zip for it to decompress properly.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
If download site gives MD5, CRC32 or any other hash code you and compare it with downloaded file (use e.g HashTab). If they don't match it didn't download correctly. BitComet is good as download manager as it can resume download if it cuts like torrents.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo