Gaming Win 7 Installation Unsuccessful!!!!!!

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I wanted to reinstall Windows 7 Home Premium. I used my recovery disk to recover to factory image settings, and it was going great until the end of the install, where I get a red error that said that the install was unsuccessful and that I should insert my first recov disk again. I did this like 3 times and now I have infinite reboot loop, displaying the error at each run. Does ANYONE have a viable solution? I hope I don't have to send it in or throw my laptop out the window... would an installation disk work? I have no idea whatsoever.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, i just got an error today to. I upgraded from Vista to windows 7 and it failed durring the installtino and it tries o revert back to vista but cant. I tried booting with Ubuntu and recovery and all this stuff but it just wont work. I lost all my files now as I'm reinstalling windows and my parents are super mad and I;m gunna have to pay them because of all the important stuff they had.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this sucks more than I can imagine. I always thought recovery disk would save my day. this sucksss...

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously people. Failed install does not mean your files are lost. Get an external drive and copy all your files that you need to it from a linux environment.

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Linkiboy said:
Seriously people. Failed install does not mean your files are lost. Get an external drive and copy all your files that you need to it from a linux environment.

Or do a proper backup when your files are important...

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
vjgbatemp said:
use ubuntu to boot from disk and recover your data then do a fresh install.
This. +1

Raki said:
Or do a proper backup when your files are important...
People only want to backup stuff once it's gone.
tongue.gif

I still can't believe people who don't know what they're doing would try to reinstall a OS on a computer that they have files that aren't backed up!!

QUOTE(CheatingSoi @ Nov 20 2009, 06:34 PM)
Wow, i just got an error today to. I upgraded from Vista to windows 7 and it failed durring the installtino and it tries o revert back to vista but cant. I tried booting with Ubuntu and recovery and all this stuff but it just wont work. I lost all my files now as I'm reinstalling windows and my parents are super mad and I;m gunna have to pay them because of all the important stuff they had.
Installing a new OS is rated "M" for mature (17+). You shouldn't be playing with this stuff for a good 10 years.
lecture.gif

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
playallday said:
CheatingSoi said:
Installing a new OS is rated "M" for mature (17+). You shouldn't be playing with this stuff for a good 10 years.
lecture.gif
hey hey, I was among the first tempers to install win7, and I also hold the temp record for most-vista-reinstalls-in-a-month (43,srsly)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro