Zombie_Mario

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I voted "No, not yet".

This is my first flashcard and I bought it for a reason. Real noob friendly is a bonus point for them. I don't like wasting anything over $60 for a flashcard. I'm stinking with this baby until it breaks then I'll just invest in the new revisions of the R4.

Zombie_X

Trophies
Website
www.zombie-x.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting rid of mine since I no longer have the need for it since I have 2 CycloDS EVO now. If anyone wants it, let me know.

The real reason I'm ditching it is because just sick with it's interface and the fact that R4 Team haven't even brought r4ds.net back. I'm not taking it out on the cart itself, it's one of the best S1 carts out there. It's just that when you can get something that is better, why stick to something that is getting out classed. R4 Team haven't even addressed some issues with the interface at all and updates are slow. I know that the CycloDS EVO updates have been coming along slowly, but there really isnt a need for them to be fast. At least Team Cyclops lets you know when the next update may be released. R4 Team has yet to ever announce when a new update may come out. That's just my take on this so don't go and get mad at me.

Noobix

Trophies
XP
Country
Voted "yes...possibly soon".

Well R4 has let us down by not fixing the Arm7 issue.
cry.gif
(They haven't even bothered to post and say they are working on it etc...so they are essentially lying by still claiming 100% compatability!) By the time the fix comes it will be too little, too late.
nyanya.gif

The king is dead...long live the king!
bow.gif

It's still a brilliant cart, but I really like the idea of NOT having to fiddle around with the MicroSD out in order to change ROMS.

Anyone who wants to "upgrade" from R4 to Cyclo obviously doesn't understand that...

Acekard RPG is the new king!
grog.gif

PS - I'd never sell my R4!!!
wub.gif

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I dont have that kind of problems (cose i have m3simply
smile.gif
).In Poland there are no acecards,and even if they were, they would cost much more than r4. maybe if that acecard will be so good , dsxtreme will cost lower (cose now is like few time more expensive than m3simply) . If from that all acecard buissness , dsxtreme will go as cheap as m3simply i will buy dsxtreme
biggrin.gif

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll wait and see how things go with the Acecard. I'm generally not an early adopter when it comes to flash cards. I learned my lesson with the DS-X. The open source of the Acecard gets my attention, but the complexity of the card itself worries me. Too much potential for breakage, I feel.

But again, I'm just waiting to see how things go. I'll pick one up if the future looks good. I'll still hang on to my R4, though. My two 1GB cards are still perfectly functional, and I've no reason to "ditch" them.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Acekard isn't bad but I do think that you are all relying on open-source a bit too much. What can they do that the CycloDS doesn't already do? I can't think of anything personally and open-source just gives the team an excuse to release fewer updates. It doesn't even have soft-reset which suggests to me they're expecting us to put in all the work.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acekard isn't bad but I do think that you are all relying on open-source a bit too much. What can they do that the CycloDS doesn't already do? I can't think of anything personally and open-source just gives the team an excuse to release fewer updates.
Open source lets me customize the firmware in any way I want, in addition to actually being able to create new features yourself with a bit of knowledge.

bobrules

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Acekard will evetually beat the cyclods evolution. I don't see much difference between the R4 and the Cyclo right now. MM. let see, I don't need sdhc, I don't need slow-mo, I don't have a Wii. I won't be getting a new card any time soon.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
It would be stupid if I sold my R4. I got one with a 2GB micro sd cart and a Supercard Micro in the GBA Slot with a 1 GB micro sd cart. So that's 3 GB to store games. What would I wanna do with my DS other than gaming? I don't care for cheats or all those kinds of nifty features.

I'm very grateful for what I can do now.

In fact right now I just sit tight and look out for the DS successor, because I'm sure within a year we will hear about it.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It would be stupid if I sold my R4. I got one with a 2GB micro sd cart and a Supercard Micro in the GBA Slot with a 1 GB micro sd cart. So that's 3 GB to store games. What would I wanna do with my DS other than gaming? I don't care for cheats or all those kinds of nifty features.

I'm very grateful for what I can do now.

In fact right now I just sit tight and look out for the DS successor, because I'm sure within a year we will hear about it.

QFT.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'm getting rid of mine since I no longer have the need for it since I have 2 CycloDS EVO now. If anyone wants it, let me know.

The real reason I'm ditching it is because just sick with it's interface and the fact that R4 Team haven't even brought r4ds.net back. I'm not taking it out on the cart itself, it's one of the best S1 carts out there. It's just that when you can get something that is better, why stick to something that is getting out classed. R4 Team haven't even addressed some issues with the interface at all and updates are slow. I know that the CycloDS EVO updates have been coming along slowly, but there really isnt a need for them to be fast. At least Team Cyclops lets you know when the next update may be released. R4 Team has yet to ever announce when a new update may come out. That's just my take on this so don't go and get mad at me.

exactly, well said, but it's expected that the fanboys will just start protecting their precious R4DS regardless of what state it is in now, and i will be upgrading soon, the only thing that is stopping me buy another flash cart right now is money, i can't afford it right now but i will be defintly buying a cyclo DS when they release the black casing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1