Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

roguefan99

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I voted "No, not yet".

My R4 still works. I see no reason to buy any other flashcard. I'm good.

Now, if it stops working for me......

Yep that would be the only way for me, unless Rayder stops finding codes and I have to go to another card to find them
biggrin.gif

It all depends on R4 support, if games stop working and I can't do certain homebrew with it, I will change but until that day I dont see why I should be buying more carts.

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Acekard isn't bad but I do think that you are all relying on open-source a bit too much. What can they do that the CycloDS doesn't already do? I can't think of anything personally and open-source just gives the team an excuse to release fewer updates. It doesn't even have soft-reset which suggests to me they're expecting us to put in all the work.
Screenshot
Overclok/Underclock
Switch games via A+B+L or R

Things they already can do:
Copy and Paste
Allow custom firmware freely
Internal Memory

I'm sure it's safe to say that the Cyclo is closer to it's death than we are the Armageddon.

Evilkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll stick with my r4 since I really don't care about all these other features on the other slot-1 cards. I play my NDS maybe an hour every 2-3 weeks?

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Certainly not in the near future. But maybe, in a few months/years I've changed my mind.

The Acekard RPG sound really interesting, but it doesn't have features I need right now. If all the bugs have disappeared and there are some nice homebrew loaders with more functions then the one of the R4 it may be interesting for when the R4 can't play all games anymore.

Yeah and the R4 has all these features that you need and adore. Right?

yes it has the feature of playing every NDS games, that's all I need in a flashcart...

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Acekard isn't bad but I do think that you are all relying on open-source a bit too much. What can they do that the CycloDS doesn't already do? I can't think of anything personally and open-source just gives the team an excuse to release fewer updates.

Open source lets me customize the firmware in any way I want, in addition to actually being able to create new features yourself with a bit of knowledge.

So what must have features will you add, if you don't mind me asking?

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A bit too late to consider that question. I gave my R4 to my sister so I decided to order another flashcart... and chose an R4 again

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Acekard isn't bad but I do think that you are all relying on open-source a bit too much. What can they do that the CycloDS doesn't already do? I can't think of anything personally and open-source just gives the team an excuse to release fewer updates. It doesn't even have soft-reset which suggests to me they're expecting us to put in all the work.

Screenshot
Overclok/Underclock

Copy and Paste
Internal Memory

I'm sure it's safe to say that the Cyclo is closer to it's death than we are the Armageddon.

Screenshot - The CycloDS is to implement this soon
Overclock/Underclock - What exactly would you need this for? I think your think of the PSP, you would only be able to overclock the DS by a small, insignificant amount anyway.
Switch games via A+B+L+R - I thought these buttons were for games but I guess I was wrong. And it is a strain to soft-reset and pick another game.

Copy and Paste - It is also a quite trying to simply put the Micro-SD card in a reader.
Allow custom firmware freely - Aside from the fact this is engrish like its been taken from the back of the AceKard box (has it), open-source is great and all, no-one is denying this, but its hardly the be all and end all. And in my opinion, it is merely a get-out-clause at the moment so the AceKard team don't need to do any work themselves looking at the half-arsed firmware just now.
Internal Memory - A good Micro-SD card runs games at perfect speed too. Merely a matter of opinion. While it does have its benefits, at the moment a 2GB Japanese Kingston does the same job.

You just like to argue with anything I say. I don't even know why I bother replying, you obviously didn't bother reading my PM so why should I talk to you without an answer?

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The real reason I'm ditching it is because just sick with it's interface and the fact that R4 Team haven't even brought r4ds.net back. I'm not taking it out on the cart itself, it's one of the best S1 carts out there. It's just that when you can get something that is better, why stick to something that is getting out classed.

Why stick with something if it is being 'outclassed'? It's the same reason you don't buy the newest ferrari that comes out when an older model does what you want it to do perfectly.

I guess it comes down to what's more important to you, paying heaps more for something that has a pretty interface and a sexy look or just wanting something that works.

I've never understood these people with 4 or 5 flashcarts for themselves...buying the newest one whenever it comes out. Haven't you got better things to spend your money on?

tawal

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what else can be done at this point, but in this scene, things change rapidly. Obviously, a year ago, nothing even came close to the R4. In a year, who is to say that the CycloDS or the AceKard won't be HEAVILY outmatched?

For that, I don't really know how fair it is to use 'ditch' rather than 'upgrade,' but I do not have any desire to 'upgrade' either. Until the games simply become UNPLAYABLE WITH THE HARDWARE, I'm all right doin'. Things like the ARM7 fix, though, are just very simple inconveniences and not an R4-breaker, or at least not for me.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Maybe, if someone releases a really cool version of the Acekard R.P.G. loader with several awesome features that R4 doesn't have.

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Screenshot
Overclok/Underclock

Copy and Paste
Internal Memory

Overclock/Underclock - What exactly would you need this for? I think your think of the PSP, you would only be able to overclock the DS by a small, insignificant amount anyway.
Switch games via A+B+L+R - I thought these buttons were for games but I guess I was wrong. And it is a strain to soft-reset and pick another game.

Copy and Paste - It is also a quite trying to simply put the Micro-SD card in a reader.
Allow custom firmware freely - Aside from the fact this is engrish like its been taken from the back of the AceKard box (has it), open-source is great and all, no-one is denying this, but its hardly the be all and end all. And in my opinion, it is merely a get-out-clause at the moment so the AceKard team don't need to do any work themselves looking at the half-arsed firmware just now.
Internal Memory - A good Micro-SD card runs games at perfect speed too. Merely a matter of opinion. While it does have its benefits, at the moment a 2GB Japanese Kingston does the same job.

You just like to argue with anything I say. I don't even know why I bother replying, you obviously didn't bother reading my PM so why should I talk to you without an answer?
Screen shots coming soon? Until you have a decent proof from a member of the Cyclo team, and not on of your gypsy friends, I'll believe you.

I seriously hope you are either retarded or joking about overclocking. It's been done with the GBA Accelerator, to overclock the DS to 333mhz, and underclock to 66mhz.

What th e hell are you talking about? The Acekard copies form one directory, and paste in another of in internal memory. It isn't only limited tot he card.

How is allowing custom firmware, freely engrish? The allow users to use custom firmwares freely. As in it is free, or you don't have to find the source yourself. Also, why should I respond to a PM which I have to intention to read? I don't read PMs from people who don't think before talking.

2GB Kingston, or a 1GB Kingston for a few bucks less, and have internal memory?

Seriously, read your facts before you decide to blabber.

flai

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Screenshot
Overclok/Underclock

Copy and Paste
Internal Memory

Screen shots coming soon? Until you have a decent proof from a member of the Cyclo team, and not on of your gypsy friends, I'll believe you.

I seriously hope you are either retarded or joking about overclocking. It's been done with the GBA Accelerator, to overclock the DS to 333mhz, and underclock to 66mhz.

What th e hell are you talking about? The Acekard copies form one directory, and paste in another of in internal memory. It isn't only limited tot he card.

How is allowing custom firmware, freely engrish? The allow users to use custom firmwares freely. As in it is free, or you don't have to find the source yourself. Also, why should I respond to a PM which I have to intention to read? I don't read PMs from people who don't think before talking.

2GB Kingston, or a 1GB Kingston for a few bucks less, and have internal memory?

Seriously, read your facts before you decide to blabber.

I heard the screenshot thing from around here. I will try and find a link to it. And gypsy friends? What are you 12? Just watched Borat or something and think your being funny?

Link to this GBA Accelerator, I can't find it after searching on Google.

I see what you mean now. Copy and paste isn't very descriptive is it?

And allowing custom firmware freely doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. Or you don't have to find the source yourself? What the hell does that mean? And fine, don't respond to my PM, but just because you get banned from QJ doesn't mean you can come and argue with every one of my posts, it just makes you look like a troll.

I don't think you quite understood, if I already have a perfectly good Micro-SD card, what is the point in having internal memory?

I don't blabber, I believe that is you my grammatically challenged friend.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enough. At this point we've already been through all the facts, and now its just people arguing over their preferences, and how much certain features are worth moneywise to them personally. Continuing this argument will produce nothing productive, so we might as well drop it.

Open source lets me customize the firmware in any way I want, in addition to actually being able to create new features yourself with a bit of knowledge.
I'm really not sure. Have to get back to you on that once I actually get a unit to test with.

flai

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Enough. At this point we've already been through all the facts, and now its just people arguing over their preferences, and how much certain features are worth moneywise to them personally. Continuing this argument will produce nothing productive, so we might as well drop it.

I'm really not sure. Have to get back to you on that once I actually get a unit to test with.

You are right Urza. Hiratai just likes to argue with every post he can. Especially mine for some reason...

Before you come back with a blistering retort Hiratai, I'm not going to reply until you answer my PM.

Hiratai

I'm like *tick* *tick*
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

You are right Urza. Hiratai just likes to argue with every post he can. Especially mine for some reason...
If you don't make sense, or say something redundant, I will reply telling you so. Anyways, I got my friend DeviantSavant, to work up something for the AceKard. He promises to imply everything the Cyclo can do, and he will TRY to get Screenshot working.

flai

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

If you don't make sense, or say something redundant, I will reply telling you so. Anyways, I got my friend DeviantSavant, to work up something for the AceKard. He promises to imply everything the Cyclo can do, and he will TRY to get Screenshot working.

So I suppose this didn't make sense or was redundant?

I now use an Officially Licensed Nintendo Case, its great, I've got a Japanese NSMB strap on it and a Phoenix Wright badge, uber-geek.
That's not uber-geek, at all.

No, it was just you being a jerk for no reason. Oh no wait, here's the reason!

Seriously, what is wrong with you? Every post of mine you reply to is an argument, calm down.
He's just mad because he got permabanned from Qj lulz.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1