Hacking Will Wii U sales go up as soon as homebrew is possible?

cdoty

Trophies
Website
www.rastersoft.net
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to hear opinions on this. Who thinks that Wii U sales will go up as soon as homebrew is possible?

Users that use Homebrew, hack consoles, jailbreak or root phones are a very small minority. The perspective is skewed by sites that focus primarily on homebrew and hacks.
I wonder if we would even see a 'blip' in sales from hombrew or a hack.

I was trying to remember where I saw install numbers from the Wii Homebrew channel.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Users that use Homebrew, hack consoles, jailbreak or root phones are a very small minority. The perspective is skewed by sites that focus primarily on homebrew and hacks.
I wonder if we would even see a 'blip' in sales from the hombrew or a hack.

I was trying to remember where I saw install numbers from the Wii Homebrew channel.

http://hackmii.com/2012/02/the-homebrew-channel-v1-1-0/ has it at 3.1 million in 2012

Obveron

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3.1 million hbc downloaded out of 100 million consoles is 3.1%. Also yes people may have downloaded it twice but people may have downloaded from many of the various other locations that weren't counted.

Also someone saying N64 was a flop is crazy, 31 million soldwas pretty good at the time (foxi do sales from Americas not count?), it's only bad when compared to the PS1 but you need to define "flop". 4 player local multiplayer ftw. I'm from Canada and the N64 was essential at the time to every kid who could afford it. The fact that N64 did so well in NA had a lasting effect on those who would become american game designers. Prior to this Japanese developers were practically running the show. N64 proved how big the american market could be and if it weren't for that I doubt Microsoft would have joined the console market.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People who buy consoles simply because they are hacked to run homebrew are a negligible market.

This don't apply to everybody. I bought a PS3 to hack it, and a 360 too. My PS3 was hackable, and I use it to this day. My 360 wouldn't take a jtag so I never used it to this day. But very low percentage of console owners hack their consoles, so I wouldn't expect Wii U sales to spike because of a hack is available to run homebrew or pirate wares.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This don't apply to everybody. I bought a PS3 to hack it, and a 360 too. My PS3 was hackable, and I use it to this day. My 360 wouldn't take a jtag so I never used it to this day. But very low percentage of console owners hack their consoles, so I wouldn't expect Wii U sales to spike because of a hack is available to run homebrew or pirate wares.

I didn't say "nobody buys a console because they can hack it", just that they are negligible. And that those who do so to pirate games don't benefit the company regardless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: they don't really taste like cotton candy but i guess they don't need to