Hacking Will we still be able to use our old flashcards on 3DS?

C

croagunk.master

Even if the dsi flashcarts work on the 3DS, I bet that they won't be able to run the games.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
croagunk.master said:
Even if the dsi flashcarts work on the 3DS, I bet that they won't be able to run the games.
It would be a miracle if 3DS games work on DSi carts. (thru update?)

C

croagunk.master

chris888222 said:
croagunk.master said:
It would be a miracle if 3DS games work on DSi carts. (thru update?)

You'll need a hard update to do that and only a very few number of carts support that(don't think an update will come out, or will even be possible). By the way, none of the flashcarts have been able to run DSi mode stuff yet(except for the fabled Cyclodsi) and its been a long time since the DSi was released. So, a DSi flashcart running 3DS games will be like a dream.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silverbullet1080 said:
QUOTE said:
Team Twiizers have just posted a DSi mode DSiWare exploit. It loads NDS binaries directly from the internal SD card slot.
This is how hacking should be done, not through some flashcart bullshit.
It(flashcart) is better then having no hack.
closedeyes.gif

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
KingVamp said:
silverbullet1080 said:
QUOTE said:
Team Twiizers have just posted a DSi mode DSiWare exploit. It loads NDS binaries directly from the internal SD card slot.
This is how hacking should be done, not through some flashcart bullshit.
It(flashcart) is better then having no hack.
closedeyes.gif
SD card hack is still better than a flashcart hack.

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. the hacking community is supposed to be about free exploits, I really dislike how the DS and iPhone scenes are like a business now. Let's hope for an SD card exploit.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
xakota said:
I agree. the hacking community is supposed to be about free exploits, I really dislike how the DS and iPhone scenes are like a business now. Let's hope for an SD card exploit.
What? The iPhone scene is a business? Since when?
As for the DS scene, I like having a flashcard. And fuck all of you who want a free exploit. If you are too greedy to fork out 15$ for an Acekard to use awesome homebrew and play pirated games, then you clearly do not deserve a flashcard. The hacking community is all about unlocking the capabilities of a specific device. It isn't intended to play pirated content. If you want to play free games and don't want to pay the 15-30$ of a flashcard, then you can go fuck yourself.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
pyrmon24 said:
xakota said:
What? The iPhone scene is a business? Since when?
As for the DS scene, I like having a flashcard. And fuck all of you who want a free exploit. If you are too greedy to fork out 15$ for an Acekard to use awesome homebrew and play pirated games, then you clearly do not deserve a flashcard. The hacking community is all about unlocking the capabilities of a specific device. It isn't intended to play pirated content. If you want to play free games and don't want to pay the 15-30$ of a flashcard, then you can go fuck yourself.

large_peace_symbol.jpg

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, auto-updating 3DS you say? Isn't that illegal? Even if you disconnect it from all the networks its going to what? Crack it? I doubt it. Unless Ol' Ninty found out how to give free internet to everyone without them knowing and its always connected. Also, they'd need super lawyers and be able to hide all this, MAYBE they could, but I seriously doubt it, and I'm pretty sure its illegal especially without your consent otherwise you know Sony would be on that like S*** on a stick.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thesolcity said:
Hm, auto-updating 3DS you say? Isn't that illegal? Even if you disconnect it from all the networks its going to what? Crack it? I doubt it. Unless Ol' Ninty found out how to give free internet to everyone without them knowing and its always connected. Also, they'd need super lawyers and be able to hide all this, MAYBE they could, but I seriously doubt it, and I'm pretty sure its illegal especially without your consent otherwise you know Sony would be on that like S*** on a stick.
It's not illegal.
I don't feel like saying why, but I'm sure some other Temp will.

Thesolcity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Thesolcity said:
It's not illegal.

It is illegal if you disconnect it from a network, and it has to ask you to update, if I'm not mistaken.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Thesolcity said:
It's not illegal.
In the US, it is illegal to connect to a Wifi network without the owner's consent (even though everyone does it any way). So, if you disconnect from all networks and somehow it still updates while still disconected, then either it has 3DS specific 3G access or something similer, or it is breaking US law.

Thesolcity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UniqueGeek said:
machomuu said:
Thesolcity said:
It's not illegal.
In the US, it is illegal to connect to a Wifi network without the owner's consent (even though everyone does it any way). So, if you disconnect from all networks and somehow it still updates while still disconected, then either it has 3DS specific 3G access or something similer, or it is breaking US law.

Is SpotPass Confirmed, by the way?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thesolcity said:
machomuu said:
Thesolcity said:
It's not illegal.

It is illegal if you disconnect it from a network, and it has to ask you to update, if I'm not mistaken.
It's a use of the SpotPass feature, also, you probably have to agree to a "Terms of Agreements" form first before Wi-Fi is activated.

Thesolcity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, legal or not, I'm gonna wait till it is cracked and hopefully have a priiloader-type thing that will allow me to block it from updating :3. I'll still buy my games legit (as always), but this auto-update crap isn't flying with me.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thesolcity said:
Hm, legal or not, I'm gonna wait till it is cracked and hopefully have a priiloader-type thing that will allow me to block it from updating :3. I'll still buy my games legit (as always), but this auto-update crap isn't flying with me.
We can both agree on that
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...