Homebrew Will this work?(Need help)

Hyourinnmaru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since I messed up bigtime when i've tried to upgrade the cfw cakes emunand, and it upgraded to 10.6.0.31 (latest version). I want to know if a combo of Skycard+ and Ninja Cubic Japanese version rom will allow me again to enter the homebrew launcher again, downgrade to 9.2 and continue from there. Also is there any way to tell if I am on an Emunand or Nandsys fw? For some strange reason cakes fw was still 9.2.0.20j, nothing like MT, GW in front of it.

Thanks for the help.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, don't panic.

So, you tried to update emunand and somehow ended updating sysnand ?
And you want to go back where you were ?

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, that's right using that combo sky3ds+(a friend of mine has it) and Cubic Ninja japanese rom

If you are sure about that, follow a guide on downgrading sysnand. Sky3ds+ with CN should bring you HBL.

Next time make a folder on home menu only in emunand and make sure the nands are unlinked. That way you can find if you are in emunand with just a look.

Hyourinnmaru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I make that? To downgrade I just need to use cubic ninja on a sky3ds+and follow these steps?

1. Go to the get ninjhax section of this page and enter your console's firmware version.
2. Submit the form; you should get your very own ninjhax QR code.
3. Download the homebrew starter kit and extract it at the root of your SD card. Alternatively, you may choose to only downloadThe Homebrew Launcher menu executable and place it at the root of your SD card. No matter what, after this step, you should have a file named boot.3dsx placed at the root of your SD card.
4. Make sure your 3DS's wifi connection is enabled and connected to the internet (this is important!).
5. Start CUBIC NINJA on your console, choose "Create", then "QR code", and finally "Scan QR code".
6. Scan the QR Code. This step might take a couple tries; make sure you fill up as much of your 3DS's screen with the QR code. If scanning the QR code returns to menu with an error, try a few more times.
7. Follow the on screen instructions. You may choose not to install the exploit to your gamecard's savedata, though doing so is not recommended.

Last edited by Hyourinnmaru,

Noelemahc

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Also is there any way to tell if I am on an Emunand or Nandsys fw? For some strange reason cakes fw was still 9.2.0.20j, nothing like MT, GW in front of it.

Thanks for the help.
Take out the SD card and boot your 3DS. That's 100% sysnand. Now go look what version it is.
For future, once you've got emunand working, unlink NANDs via a guide (use tinyformat, do not do a system format, it creates more problems than it solves), and set a different theme in sysnand than the one on emunand. Or create some arrangement of folders in sysnand.

Last edited by Noelemahc,

Hyourinnmaru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Take out the SD card and boot your 3DS. That's 100% sysnand. Now go look what version it is.
For future, once you've got emunand working, unlink NANDs via a guide (use tinyformat, do not do a system format, it creates more problems than it solves), and set a different theme in sysnand than the one on emunand. Or create some arrangement of folders in sysnand.

Ver.10.6.0.31

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a sky3ds to downgrade from 10.6 to 9.2.

Go to the ninjahax site and scan the qr for 10.6. This will give the the homebrew menu.

Download the 9.2 download pack and the new sysupdater.

Run sysupdater.

You are now on 9.2. You can use browserhax or scan the 9.2 qr code for cubic ninja. I did the entire a9lh process with sky3ds and a cubic ninja rom on two systems because I did not want menuhax to interfere with anything.

Hyourinnmaru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used a sky3ds to downgrade from 10.6 to 9.2.

Go to the ninjahax site and scan the qr for 10.6. This will give the the homebrew menu.

Download the 9.2 download pack and the new sysupdater.

Run sysupdater.

You are now on 9.2. You can use browserhax or scan the 9.2 qr code for cubic ninja. I did the entire a9lh process with sky3ds and a cubic ninja rom on two systems because I did not want menuhax to interfere with anything.
Thanks! I'll do just that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1