Hardware Will this WD Drive work on Wii?

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to get a new external harddrive for my computer. I currently Have this one. How does this particular model work on the Wii? I looked in the compatibly page and I couldn't find my exact one. I did see that some WD's have problems but I saw that the Western Digital My Passport Essential 2.5" 500GB is just about the best you can get. My drive seems to be the same except for the fact that its the bigger version. I'd imagine mine will work but i dont know. I can't test it because I have almost 500 gigs of data on it. When i get my new one, I will transfer it over and use the old one for my wii.

jackryan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm working with a 250 gb WD Passport; something along the lines of 50 gb FAT32 and 200 gb WBFS partitions. Works perfectly as far as I can tell.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, It looks like I might not get the HD for a while. Can anyone tell me how to partition it one. I have never been able to do so. I've tried on 3 different computers using windows partition tools and partition magic and nothing works. It either gives me some weird error or it doesn't allow me to create a partition because the option isnt even there cuz it doesn't show free space or anything.

fabhund

Trophies
XP
Country
CheatingSoi said:
I am going to get a new external harddrive for my computer. I currently Have this one. How does this particular model work on the Wii? I looked in the compatibly page and I couldn't find my exact one. I did see that some WD's have problems but I saw that the Western Digital My Passport Essential 2.5" 500GB is just about the best you can get. My drive seems to be the same except for the fact that its the bigger version. I'd imagine mine will work but i dont know. I can't test it because I have almost 500 gigs of data on it. When i get my new one, I will transfer it over and use the old one for my wii.

The External WD drives that you refer to will only work on the cIOS rev.14. (Not on rev 10 at least) However I got so frustrated over the spindown that WD has after 10 min.
So i bought a 500GB WD Passport essential for the wii. It rocks, and get power from USB-port. No additional power-plugs and cables.
-Bo-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1