Hacking Will THIS card work on 1.4.1? (DSi FW)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
1 - Link's broken.

2 - It's a shitty clone.

I know you have trouble learning, but you really need to pay attention, so I'm going to make it as clear as I can.

DON'T BUY CHEAP R4 CLONES!

Save up for a "stable" cart with first-party support with an upgradeable bootloader, such as the Acekard 2i (not 2.1) or the Supercard DSTwo. The EZ-Flash Vi is also a good option.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
I know you have trouble learning, but you really need to pay attention, so I'm going to make it as clear as I can.

Save up for a "stable" cart with first-party support with an upgradeable bootloader, such as the Acekard 2i (not 2.1) or the Supercard DSTwo. The EZ-Flash Vi is also a good option.

You're an asshole! and the Acekard is not first-party supported as the Acekard team doesnt update. Normatt does and he seems to always be one remark away from quitting.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
impizkit said:
You're an asshole!Notice I'm never like this to other people...

This is NOT his first thread for this, and multiple other people have told him not to get an R4 clone. I'm being mean because he's not listening otherwise.

QUOTE(impizkit @ Jan 21 2011, 01:54 PM) and the Acekard is not first-party supported as the Acekard team doesnt update. Normatt does and he seems to always be one remark away from quitting.
Boy you better back the fuck out of this conversation RIGHT NOW. I'm aware you're not a programmer so you don't know the full extent of what you've just said, so I'll just tell you you need to shut up and never say that again.

Do you understand me?

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
impizkit said:
You're an asshole!Notice I'm never like this to other people...

This is NOT his first thread for this, and multiple other people have told him not to get an R4 clone. I'm being mean because he's not listening otherwise.

QUOTE(impizkit @ Jan 21 2011, 01:54 PM) and the Acekard is not first-party supported as the Acekard team doesnt update. Normatt does and he seems to always be one remark away from quitting.
Boy you better back the fuck out of this conversation RIGHT NOW. I'm aware you're not a programmer so you don't know the full extent of what you've just said, so I'll just tell you you need to shut up and never say that again.

Do you understand me?

No I dont think I do. Why dont you explain it to me if Im so dense? Do you not want me to be the remark that does it? Im CLEARLY confused....

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
impizkit said:
No I dont think I do. Why dont you explain it to me if Im so dense.
I'm not calling you dense, I said it's something non-programmers won't get, and it's not like anybody comes out of the womb with programming know-how (or is expected to learn it through their lifetime).

The acekard team takes care of the bootloader, and updates their official firmware when it's needed (such as the "bad batch" issue).

Saying that they don't update the official firmware being a bad point... that's just stupid. There's no reason for them to update since AKAIO's there.

If you don't understand why, a better explanation can be gotten by reading this.
http://www.outpost9.com/reference/jargon/jargon_33.html
"reinvent the wheel"

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. That link doesn't work because the website you linked to is censored here (due to some issues with the site. I don't really remember what it was, so don't ask me)
2. Don't buy that, even if it works with 1.4.1. It's some crappy clone.
3. THIS is the ONLY R4i that you should buy. Do not consider any other R4is, as they are inferior.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
impizkit said:
No I dont think I do. Why dont you explain it to me if Im so dense.
I'm not calling you dense, I said it's something non-programmers won't get, and it's not like anybody comes out of the womb with programming know-how (or is expected to learn it through their lifetime).

The acekard team takes care of the bootloader, and updates their official firmware when it's needed (such as the "bad batch" issue).

Saying that they don't update the official firmware being a bad point... that's just stupid. There's no reason for them to update since AKAIO's there.

If you don't understand why, a better explanation can be gotten by reading this.
http://www.outpost9.com/reference/jargon/jargon_33.html
"reinvent the wheel"
I suppose that makes sense, but the way you first posted back at me sounded like you wanted to start a war and I was gung-ho for it, but I get what you are saying. I think its a moot point now. Simply dont buy an R4 clone, unless its the original 1:1. Or whatever. I use my CycloDS, DSTT and DSTwo so I dont need another cart.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
impizkit said:
I suppose that makes sense, but the way you first posted back at me sounded like you wanted to start a war and I was gung-ho for it, but I get what you are saying. I think its a moot point now. Simply dont buy an R4 clone, unless its the original 1:1. Or whatever. I use my CycloDS, DSTT and DSTwo so I dont need another cart.
Actually, The R4iDS.cn R4i Gold is the only R4 clone that's worth buying. They were the first ones to break past DSi 1.4 (even before the Acekard), they have broken past 1.4.1, and they have YWG on their side to make a version of Wood R4 for their cart.

CORRECTION: There are 2 R4i Golds worth purchasing actually. The R4iDSN R4i Gold also has Wood R4, and the R4iDS.cn and R4iDSN used to be one team (before they split up).

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
impizkit said:
Peeps without a DSi(like me) dont need a cart that is DSi compatible. But you are likely correct.
Well, the original R4 doesn't work with SDHC, so getting an R4i Gold for a DS lite would benefit for those with tons of games (like me. But I have a DStwo and a DSi XL so I'm fine).

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me clear this up. I don't care if it's a shitty clone or not like the Acekard 2i. I already have an Acekard 2i. I am buying this for my brother who broke his DS Phat so he needs a card for his DSi.

The website is [censored] I guess. (I typed censored)

I shouldn't say it I guess.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does your brother play new games? Does he like Pokémon? Does he plan to play Pokémon Black or White (or another game) when it comes out? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then DON'T get a shitty clone.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just get him an R4i Gold FFS. It's guaranteed to work, if a 1.5 or 1.4.2 comes out, it'll probably work right away,

And if you think $10 is too expensive, then go get a fucking job. (sorry about the attitude, I just don't understand why you want a crappy card, I know he'll probably complain about something not working right. If you really want, you can treat yourself to a DStwo and give your brother your current flashcart)

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i wish people would boycot anything with R4 in it's name. The only reason so many clones are made is because there are enough people (no offense) stupid enough to buy them.

If everybody that would have bought some R4 clone would have bought a legit Acekard or Supercard, the developers would have a lot more money to come up with even better products. But don't even get me started.

R4 is like saying "copied in china". Good luck finding any support, patches, and workarounds if you have a clone card. People like YWG work hard to add support, but that is the only thing that keeps the R4 clone standing on a very wobbly leg.

We need to have some mandatory screen that New users have to read and acknowledge, where we flat out advise against buying anything R4. Because there are better cards for the same price.

Like, on your first post, there is a quizz that pops up, and it asks "Which is the shittiest clone card that you should NEVER EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BUY", and then the user would have to type in R4.

Also, this forum would be lacking 50% of it's posts, and usefull information would be a lot easier to find.

Good for you guys that i don't run this place
tongue.gif

(also, there would be a word filter, every time you try to submit anything with R4 in it it would tell you to GET LOST)

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@rave420: I guess we should also boycott the Acekard based on your logic, it's only being held up by Normmatt (who said he thinks that all Acekard users are fucktards, more or less).

You also seem to forget that the R4i Gold team is actually harder working than some of the other 'actual' teams. In fact, they were the first team to break through DSi firmware 1.4, while the actual teams began to break through a week (or more) later.

And your idea is both ignorant and stupid. Not all R4s are shitty. The original R4 is one of the cheapest carts available ($5+), and it's much better anything you can get at that price. The R4i Gold is equivalent to the Acekard 2i but cheaper (R4i Gold is $10, AK2i is $15+), and it isn't being held up by a perfectionist with anger issues (no offense to Normmatt). Although these are the only two decent R4s, it's still enough to hold with the argument. They're both cheaper than the Acekard 2i, so your point about them being the same price is moot.
And the filter would actually hinder GBAtemp, as there's already a section dedicated to the R4, and in addition, preventing people from talking about one of ShopTemp's best selling item wouldn't really make sense (this still applies even though ShopTemp closed down).

And if you're thinking that I'm trying to protect my purchase, I honestly don't have any R4, and I have an Acekard2i and a Supercard DStwo.

TL;DR: If you're too lazy to read the wall of text, then you're forfeiting the argument.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.