Hacking Discussion Will there Ever be Online Ban Invincibility?

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how am i missing the point if the header thing works fine the games can go online without a ban
On the Wii, Wii U, and 3DS, we have it where even if using CFW and playing backups online, Nintendo doesn't seem to recognize the difference between that and playing officially.
backups currently have no header so a ban is innevitable thats why you use the backups on your emuanand with no internet.
If you are playing backups on an emuNAND offline, then you aren't playing backups online.....

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What's the difference between a banned console and a console that is always offline?
Unknown here but for the 360 there were odd side effects like the MPEG4 decoding not working in banned ones, but offline or flagged ones could still use it.
It was later sorted but for a while it was a reduced functionality (albeit one not many cared for -- it was not as bad as the old "MPEG4 capable" DVD players but not far off, and a far cry from the glory that was XBMC on the original xbox).
I imagine there could be some kind of legal argument put forward that removing such functionality is against the law somewhere (similar logic was used when Sony removed their otherOS stuff) but I will leave that one for now.

Reactions: WiiUBricker

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats why i said the header thing retard you COULD inject a header into the xci to play online
Woah, someone got pissy quick. That's fine and dandy, but what about CFW on the system and going online? What about literally anything else?

You gave an offline solution for an online question, then contradicted yourself by giving a potential online solution for games. You even said Nintendo could do something like compare your titles to your eshop account, so the real answer is, you don't know.

Maybe go beat-off to some cartoons and release some of that stress, buddy. Callin' people retards....

NO_ob

Trophies
XP
Country
Woah, someone got pissy quick. That's fine and dandy, but what about CFW on the system and going online? What about literally anything else?

You gave an offline solution for an online question, then contradicted yourself by giving a potential online solution for games. You even said Nintendo could do something like compare your titles to your eshop account, so the real answer is, you don't know.

Maybe go beat-off to some cartoons and release some of that stress, buddy. Callin' people retards....
you're the one who wasn't properly reading my posts and no one knows every body is going off specualtion at this point

coppertj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For an extremists route to avoid getting banned if you have the switch already, go on eBay and buy another switch Tablet for 150 even if that tablet is used and banged up

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes there is already,

Don't use homebrew
Don't use cfw
Don't use backup-loaders,
Don't modify code on ur switch and or games,
Don't do anything Nintendo Doesnt want you to do,
Don't Violate Nintendos Terms And Condition

And you wont be banned :)
OR just delete all internet connections.... ::wink:

Neodigitless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think ban invincibility would mean that if you get banned, you can just change the data that the online service uses to identify your switch to block you when you try to go online, effectively unbanning yourself. It would mean you also need to get another NNID, which would mean you have to pay for the online service again. Still better than being forced to buy a second Switch.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I bring up EmuNAND, Im not talking about it being used for unbanning myself. I'm talking about one side being used for hacks offline (Thus not uploading any logged information), while the other side is separate and has none of those bad logs and can be used for legit carts online.

on the 3DS and Wiiu we had to unlink the two sys and emu nands by formatting sysnand. Then both sides were entirely separate from each other with their own data. Still the same NAND, just a different collection of save data stored on one side. So on the switch if one side collects logs offline, theoretically the other side doesn't collect those same logs. Nintendo won't be able to see anything you did on the offline side.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For a traditional system then yes that would play.

I could trivially design a system wherein that would not work though, and I reckon updates could pull of some detection methods on a stock switch (obvious first step being "is there a massive file not normally there on the SD card that contains a whole bunch of nice NAND data?"). Similarly if you did slip up and the unique identifiers you presumably copied in creating the emunand image did manage to get reported back to Nintendo (you are probably going to want some kind of online access in hacked mode so most then get to blacklist Nintendo's servers, the failures of blacklists are well known) then you are still facing a ban.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь