will there be a digimon game for 3ds ?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by dragonmaster, Jun 12, 2012.

Jun 12, 2012
  1. dragonmaster
    OP

Member dragonmaster THE WALKER

Greece
    in nds digimon was a nice series with good plot .will they release a 3ds series ? what is your opinion

2. GameWinner

Member GameWinner Take your heart

United States
    Even if one comes, it won't leave Japan.

3. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    GameWinner are you sure about that? There are 3 or 4 here for the DS... I think they were received relatively well. I wouldnt be surprised if they came over here.

1 person likes this.
  4. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    I agree with Bortz, they'll most likely be localised, they released most Digimon games in the west, even the tamagotchi like one (well, in a way it's the most similar to the origins of digimon since it started out as a digital pet before it became what we know now) and the rumble series, not to mention that all the Digimon World games have been released here ever since the first PSX one, as for the DS ones, all games but two were released ( one of which is the one ratsan and a few others are working on iirc).

In any case, if it's a game like the main series ones where you're a new hero that gets to pick or just choose the type of digimon he'll use at first (well, you usually get a choice in the games) then it'll prolly be released in the west, seeing as it's a friggin huge franchise over here (in Europe at least, everyone here knows digimon as well as pokemon).

1 person likes this.
  5. VMM

Member VMM Full Hollow Cero

Brazil
    I agree with @[member='BortzANATOR'], this game has public on the occident.
    Digimon is a well-known franchise occident, and would have a rather good success

6. BORTZ

United States
    Dont give up hope dragonmaster!

7. GameWinner

United States
    I'm just going by the last few titles. We still have yet to get Lost Evolution, and the two Xros Wars games. I don't think the Digimon World remake will be coming either and Xros Wars hasn't been announced to air here in America. I want Digimon to come back here but the last Digimon related thing we got was World Championship.

8. ComeTurismO

Member ComeTurismO CTO

Canada
    So basically, what i am seeing here on this topic, if it comes to America. In my opinion I think it would be released only for Japan because Digimon is a old story for North America + America or any other countries except Japan.

9. BORTZ

United States
    I did not not know there were unreleased titles we dont have. In fact i wasnt aware there are so many Digimon titles for the DS.

10. Black-Ice

Member Black-Ice Founder of the Church of Renamon

United Kingdom
    Digimon is more popular in japan, Fact.
    But its quite well received in other places too. I'm waiting for Digimon World: Re Digitise on the psp to be released and get localised.
    That looks promising

1 person likes this.
  11. DaggerV

Member DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

United States
    I can only hope, I always liked Digimon more than pokemon. Was sad to find the xro wars still havn't made it over here, still play dusk occasionally. Need to E-Boot PSX ones to psp if I can get physical copies.

12. The Milkman

Member The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

United States
    Huh? I always hated Digimon. Not because its more or less a Pokemon rip-off but because the battles system IMO sucks really hard for a game where only one battles at once.

Also, I thought it was long dead. Didn't know the Japs still liked it, in that case we may see one. Don't expect it to be all that good though.

13. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    First, you probably shouldn't say "Jap", it's a derogatory term. Second, what the heck does "where only one battles at once" mean? Third, not all Digimon games are alike, in fact, very few of them are (I'm speaking in terms of battle systems, though gameplay-wise they're even more radically different) barring the DS versions (though there is one DS title which is pretty unique).

14. The Milkman

United States
    Well. I played two for the DS (Dusk and Dawn or some shit) and the battle system was weird to me. Like, you have one digimon but there's 3 spaces so they can kind of dodge and stuff. I found it annoying and just never really liked the game overall. Also I say Jap all the time, I didn't know it was offensive to anyone, sorry :P (Its not like I'm using the T word)

15. machomuu

United States
    No wonder, the DS ones are the worst ones (barring the "Monster Tamer" one and the Japanese one, the latter of which I have yet to play), the best ones are on the PSX. I remember buying Digimon World DS and being shocked how mediocre it was, and Dawn and Dusk weren't much different.

1 person likes this.
  16. The Milkman

United States
    Ahhh, ill give the PSX versions a shot on my Xperia then.

17. GameWinner

United States
    The best games are on PSX, ahh I remember the days of Digimon World 3 or playing the first Digimon World game. WE NEED THAT PSP REMAKE LOCALIZED.

1 person likes this.
  18. machomuu

United States
    There was a remake!?
    *Googles*
    How did I not know about this!?

19. GameWinner

United States
    Yeah, a lot of information has past under the radar. The game is releasing next month with a slim chance of coming to America. But hey, the PSP is not "officially" dead here.

1 person likes this.
  20. dragonmaster
    OP

Member dragonmaster THE WALKER

Greece
    well i imported a wonderswan just for digimon games if a 3ds japan game is released and not localized i may buy a japan 3ds later to play the game i just liked the concept of the game