Gaming will there be a digimon game for 3ds ?

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameWinner are you sure about that? There are 3 or 4 here for the DS... I think they were received relatively well. I wouldnt be surprised if they came over here.

Reactions: 1 person

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I agree with Bortz, they'll most likely be localised, they released most Digimon games in the west, even the tamagotchi like one (well, in a way it's the most similar to the origins of digimon since it started out as a digital pet before it became what we know now) and the rumble series, not to mention that all the Digimon World games have been released here ever since the first PSX one, as for the DS ones, all games but two were released ( one of which is the one ratsan and a few others are working on iirc).

In any case, if it's a game like the main series ones where you're a new hero that gets to pick or just choose the type of digimon he'll use at first (well, you usually get a choice in the games) then it'll prolly be released in the west, seeing as it's a friggin huge franchise over here (in Europe at least, everyone here knows digimon as well as pokemon).

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I agree with @[member='BortzANATOR'], this game has public on the occident.
Digimon is a well-known franchise occident, and would have a rather good success

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameWinner are you sure about that? There are 3 or 4 here for the DS... I think they were received relatively well. I wouldnt be surprised if they came over here.
I'm just going by the last few titles. We still have yet to get Lost Evolution, and the two Xros Wars games. I don't think the Digimon World remake will be coming either and Xros Wars hasn't been announced to air here in America. I want Digimon to come back here but the last Digimon related thing we got was World Championship.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So basically, what i am seeing here on this topic, if it comes to America. In my opinion I think it would be released only for Japan because Digimon is a old story for North America + America or any other countries except Japan.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just going by the last few titles. We still have yet to get Lost Evolution, and the two Xros Wars games. I don't think the Digimon World remake will be coming either and Xros Wars hasn't been announced to air here in America. I want Digimon to come back here but the last Digimon related thing we got was World Championship.
I did not not know there were unreleased titles we dont have. In fact i wasnt aware there are so many Digimon titles for the DS.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Digimon is more popular in japan, Fact.
But its quite well received in other places too. I'm waiting for Digimon World: Re Digitise on the psp to be released and get localised.
That looks promising

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can only hope, I always liked Digimon more than pokemon. Was sad to find the xro wars still havn't made it over here, still play dusk occasionally. Need to E-Boot PSX ones to psp if I can get physical copies.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh? I always hated Digimon. Not because its more or less a Pokemon rip-off but because the battles system IMO sucks really hard for a game where only one battles at once.

Also, I thought it was long dead. Didn't know the Japs still liked it, in that case we may see one. Don't expect it to be all that good though.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh? I always hated Digimon. Not because its more or less a Pokemon rip-off but because the battles system IMO sucks really hard for a game where only one battles at once.

Also, I thought it was long dead. Didn't know the Japs still liked it, in that case we may see one. Don't expect it to be all that good though.
First, you probably shouldn't say "Jap", it's a derogatory term. Second, what the heck does "where only one battles at once" mean? Third, not all Digimon games are alike, in fact, very few of them are (I'm speaking in terms of battle systems, though gameplay-wise they're even more radically different) barring the DS versions (though there is one DS title which is pretty unique).

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

First, you probably shouldn't say "Jap", it's a derogatory term. Second, what the heck does "where only one battles at once" mean? Third, not all Digimon games are alike, in fact, very few of them are (I'm speaking in terms of battle systems, though gameplay-wise they're even more radically different) barring the DS versions (though there is one DS title which is pretty unique).
Well. I played two for the DS (Dusk and Dawn or some shit) and the battle system was weird to me. Like, you have one digimon but there's 3 spaces so they can kind of dodge and stuff. I found it annoying and just never really liked the game overall. Also I say Jap all the time, I didn't know it was offensive to anyone, sorry :P (Its not like I'm using the T word)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well. I played two for the DS (Dusk and Dawn or some shit) and the battle system was weird to me. Like, you have one digimon but there's 3 spaces so they can kind of dodge and stuff. I found it annoying and just never really liked the game overall. Also I say Jap all the time, I didn't know it was offensive to anyone, sorry :P
No wonder, the DS ones are the worst ones (barring the "Monster Tamer" one and the Japanese one, the latter of which I have yet to play), the best ones are on the PSX. I remember buying Digimon World DS and being shocked how mediocre it was, and Dawn and Dusk weren't much different.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well. I played two for the DS (Dusk and Dawn or some shit) and the battle system was weird to me. Like, you have one digimon but there's 3 spaces so they can kind of dodge and stuff. I found it annoying and just never really liked the game overall. Also I say Jap all the time, I didn't know it was offensive to anyone, sorry :P
No wonder, the DS ones are the worst ones (barring the "Monster Tamer" one and the Japanese one, the latter of which I have yet to play), the best ones are on the PSX. I remember buying Digimon World DS and being shocked how mediocre it was, and Dawn and Dusk weren't much different.
Ahhh, ill give the PSX versions a shot on my Xperia then.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best games are on PSX, ahh I remember the days of Digimon World 3 or playing the first Digimon World game. WE NEED THAT PSP REMAKE LOCALIZED.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best games are on PSX, ahh I remember the days of Digimon World 3 or playing the first Digimon World game. WE NEED THAT PSP REMAKE LOCALIZED.
There was a remake!?
*Googles*
How did I not know about this!?
Yeah, a lot of information has past under the radar. The game is releasing next month with a slim chance of coming to America. But hey, the PSP is not "officially" dead here.

dragonmaster

Ancient One
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
well i imported a wonderswan just for digimon games if a 3ds japan game is released and not localized i may buy a japan 3ds later to play the game i just liked the concept of the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: