Gaming Will the Switch just be another Wii U re: 3rd party games?

markmcrobie

OP
Trophies
XP
Looking at the list of 3rd party games, or more specifically those that WON'T be coming to Switch, is there a big risk it ends up another Wii U in terms of lack of 3rd party support?

SnakeOil992

Walking bruh moment
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If the Switch reaches a certain sales point fast enough, I believe we can see strong 3rd party support. The fact however, that the Switch is kind of underpowered, still remains. Which means we shouldn't expect TOO heavy games.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I predict it will have good 3rd party support, but though the version of games released on Switch will have the advantage of portability, they will be inferior in every other aspect compared to other platforms.
Only time will tell anyway.

Regarding the current games not coming to the Switch, I am not surprised by that happening now, what happens today regarding 3rd party games releases does not tell me much about the future, let's wait and see what is going on in one year.
On the one hand I think nobody expected high sales number for the Switch a this time of the year, this was supposed to be a soft release, far from holidays or specific dates where sales are much stronger.
Given the good sales I wouldn't be surprised 3rd parties start jumping on the wagon and producing some (more graphically limited) version of their titles, or even original titles. But only time will tell.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking at the list of 3rd party games, or more specifically those that WON'T be coming to Switch, is there a big risk it ends up another Wii U in terms of lack of 3rd party support?

You will have to wait for the right answer after E3. We don't know yet. No, it won't be risk ending up another Wii U. I doubt but 3rd party support is still hush. Wait until after E3. Be patient and don't guess or assumption too much. Its silly!

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think we will see more 3rd party titles than U, more along the lines of the 3ds. But I don't think we will see a huge amount of multi platform releases. Games will be largely exclusives due to the performance disparity between Sony and Nintendo.

3rd party titles and Multi platform titles are two very different things.

Think of the Switch as a 3ds and you won't go far wrong, think of it like a ps4 and you'll be disappointed. Don't ditch your PlayStation if you ask me, you can start looking for an old people's home for that 3ds soon though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can