Hacking Will somebody "patch" pokemon X/Y?

elunesgrace

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all the 3D is not a gimmick, in fact 3D in many games looks gorgeous (try super mario 3D land, or fire emblem awakening). The biggest obstacle to 3D at the moment is really the viewing angle. You have to hold it at one exact position and straying from it messes up the image.

Secondly, we should wait for the finished product to decide in terms of the graphics. I think it is a bit of a loss not to have full 3D (they could have implemented it im sure), but it probably wasn't worth the cost-benefit analysis to them.

In the future I think perhaps having curved screens might get around the viewing angle issue eh? Two overlapping curved screens should allow you to still see 3D even when moving the handheld around.

Thoughts?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all the 3D is not a gimmick, in fact 3D in many games looks gorgeous (try super mario 3D land, or fire emblem awakening). The biggest obstacle to 3D at the moment is really the viewing angle. You have to hold it at one exact position and straying from it messes up the image.

Secondly, we should wait for the finished product to decide in terms of the graphics. I think it is a bit of a loss not to have full 3D (they could have implemented it im sure), but it probably wasn't worth the cost-benefit analysis to them.

In the future I think perhaps having curved screens might get around the viewing angle issue eh? Two overlapping curved screens should allow you to still see 3D even when moving the handheld around.

Thoughts?
First of all:
1gim·mick

noun \ˈgi-mik\
: a method or trick that is used to get people's attention or to sell something

I'm pretty sure a gimmick is exactly what 3D is.

Secondly, yes, we should, but that doesn't stop people from complaining. It never does.

And thirdly, I'm no physicist, but I'd think using a curved screen would make it even worse. A curved screen would mean that we'd have to look directly at the middle of the screen (just like what we have to do now, but worse).

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My opinion - yeah, I'm a bit disappointed that overworld doesn't have 3D. I'd use it a bit, but not all the time. I'll get over it.

I also think the game looks beautiful for a pokemon game. That said, I think it kinda looks like crap for a 3DS game. Considering what Twin said earlier though (and my response below), this is all bound to change once we get our hands on the game.

One thing is for certain though, I have my copy preordered at work and I'll be picking it up on day 1.

[...]Haven't we all already agreed that static screenshots of the 3DS look like ass and the actual games look a lot better when its actually running?[...]

Yeah, I think we did, or at least we ought to. Ryu would like to have a word with you.

7BVVtnp.png

Not everyone can see 3D due to visual impairments, so it doesn't mean everyone is going to enjoy 3D effects. Just saying.

So since some people can't use the 3D, nobody is allowed to, just to make them not feel bad? I can't say I particularly understand the logic behind your post, especially so considering it's not a response to a quote.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So since some people can't use the 3D, nobody is allowed to, just to make them not feel bad? I can't say I particularly understand the logic behind your post, especially so considering it's not a response to a quote.

*Sigh* What I was trying to say is that those who want to use 3D should be able to do so, as is their right. The thing that gets me is when a company chooses not to put 3D in parts of the game, etc, fpeople to get their panties in a bunch. So Gamefreak doesn't make the most realistic games or implement certain 3D effects, big loss. As for me, I can't see 3D effects due to a visual impairment I was born with, and before people tell me I shouldn't have a 3DS I will tell them I got the 3DS for the games. I couldn't give a tin schilling about 3D effects.

I have stereo blindness and can't see 3D effects. So yeah, that's what I was trying to say :P :D

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that changes my perspective of what you said considerably then.
Yeah, I should have made that clearer in my last post, sorry about that:shy:

To post blown up pictures and ask if someone can put the MH4 engine in Pokemon.

Wait, are you saying a 3DS game can't be hacked to use the MH4 engine instead? That's unforgivable!! I hope Gamefreak goes bankrupt :P :rofl2:

Gee, and I thought 3DS games were meant to be enjoyed and not to get an aneurysm over, amirite?

Reactions: Sicklyboy

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I should have made that clearer in my last post, sorry about that:shy:

Wait, are you saying a 3DS game can't be hacked to use the MH4 engine instead? That's unforgivable!! I hope Gamefreak goes bankrupt :P :rofl2:
The dude wanted to know if someone will patch Pokemon X/Y and create 3D graphics with it, because he thinks the graphics as they stand now suck, compared to Monster Hunter. ie "This game's graphics suck, but if it were to have 3D, it'd instantly look like Monster Hunter 3 U."

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dude wanted to know if someone will patch Pokemon X/Y and create 3D graphics with it, because he thinks the graphics as they stand now suck, compared to Monster Hunter. ie "This game's graphics suck, but if it were to have 3D, it'd instantly look like Monster Hunter 3 U."

And I was trying to be facetious to the OP's unreasonable request and failing miserably B-):P The game is what it is. Not a damn thing can be done about it. If he doesn't like how it looks, then it would be best to get another game like Monster Hunter 4. The 3DS isn't exactly well-known for pushing extremely high quality graphics (well, Resident Evil Revelations looked very good).

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I stand corrected, nevertheless, most games do not look as good as those two. B-)

You are missing a few. The latter Wii ports looks pretty good on a 3DS. MH looks and runs better than the Wii version.

Luigi Mansion 2
Mario Kart 7
Monster Hunter Ultimate
Donkey Kong 3D

Super Mario 3D Land, the castle in world 8 looks damn good and that rain.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
Am I the only one who likes the 3D? It makes me look and sound like I'm high.

If you enjoy it like that, then go for it. I prefer to never be high though.
I just love how people here can go from pro-3D to vehemently against it in the blink of an eye...

I've noticed this trend as well. As for me, I've never really liked the 3D effect in general, not just on the 3DS.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are missing a few. The latter Wii ports looks pretty good on a 3DS. MH looks and runs better than the Wii version.

Luigi Mansion 2
Mario Kart 7
Monster Hunter Ultimate
Donkey Kong 3D

Super Mario 3D Land, the castle in world 8 looks damn good and that rain.

Well, I did my part. I thought I could make a point but, people will beat at dead horse. The 3DS has good looking games, nevertheless, not ever game is going to look super pretty. The implacability is laughable. :PB-)
Pokemon is what it is. The graphics ain't gonna fix themselves, deal with it. :rofl2:

anyway u cant create a patch for the game right? u have to deal with the ´secret´sign first

But they won't, this is gonna drag on like a federal court case, I can't help but laugh at the ridiculousness of the mentality :rofl2: Create a thread in hopes that bitching about a game's poor graphics or lack of good 3D effects is gonna make Nintendo or Gamefreak change the engine? Sure thing! LOL at those who thinks Nintendo owes them anything.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to me they could just officially patch the game later. And I bet they will. i don't know what it entails to take a flat game and make it 3D, but maybe it was too time consuming to do so before the planned release date. The fact that battle screens are in 3D and certain overworld areas (only a few certain ones) seems to indicate to me that they plan to add the feature later, but hey i could be way wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)