Hacking Will somebody "patch" pokemon X/Y?

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I really like the 3D for games that do well--and it honestly depends on the game because some games are lazy with it and put no effort but if you want to see GOOD usage of the 3D effect, look at the StreetPass panels in 3D, those are BEAUTIFUL (IMO of course) and some of them actually pop-out/look like you can touch them which is awesome. That being said, the fact that 3D is limited to battles isn't that disappointing--there won't be much awesomeness to the 3D effect in other places, but battles will benefit the most from it IMO. That's not to say I'm a bit disappointed they aren't doing more, but it's nothing to raise hell about either, IMO, especially given the fact that many people don't enjoy the 3D/see it as a gimmick (which it kinda is even though I like it myself)/get a headache from it (I do if I use it too long) etc.

robo989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Snap looks better than this pixelated shit. That was over 10 years ago.

Exactly.
The game looks no better than a DS game...and not even a good looking DS game.

Couldn't care less about the 3D bit...3D is a gimmick, yet to meet a grown normal person in real life who gives stuff about 3D of any description except just "to see what it looks like".

3D adds nothing to anything, it's the "Magic Eye" of the 21st century...and who does them anymore?

Reactions: kyogre123

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pokemon Snap looks better than this pixelated shit. That was over 10 years ago.
Pixelated shit is generally what happens when you stretch an image that much, yes. Also, the 3D models in Pokemon Snap plain sucked.
pokemon-snap1.jpg

Look at that perfect heptagon-shaped Doduo! Those curvy rocks! ;O;

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Exactly.

The day you manage to fit a 1GB game with graphics like these on a DS, you call me. And don't say Okamiden because while it's a pretty game, it's blocky as hell.

Reactions: NEP

darkziosj

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
wow lol you chose the worst pic out there the one with the resolution upscaled to stupid levels, go search for new ones with the real resolution of the 3ds, of course it looks like shit in that one.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

That's the same thought I have about this game. The first GB Pokemon games looked ugly at first, then the second generation for GB and GBC looked much better, like they managed to build good visuals according to the current gen console. When everything jumped to GBA, they improved the visuals a lot and seriously, Pokemon in GBA had nice visuals and took advantage of the hardware very well. But then in the DS... everything went down, it looked like a GBA game and now the 3DS games look like DS games...

In conclusion, Game Freak suck at making 3D games.

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That's the same thought I have about this game. The first GB Pokemon games looked ugly at first, then the second generation for GB and GBC looked much better, like they managed to build good visuals according to the current gen console. When everything jumped to GBA, they improved the visuals a lot and seriously, Pokemon in GBA had nice visuals and took advantage of the hardware very well. But then in the DS... everything went down, it looked like a GBA game and now the 3DS games look like DS games...

In conclusion, Game Freak suck at making 3D games.

Dino King, Fossil Fighters, Zoids DS, Dinosaurs Clash of Giants and other Pokemon wannabes were already making the fully rendered monsters and characters on the DS. No reason why they coudlen't have done the 3D (not the stereoscopic part) on the DS

_V1qY

Trophies
XP
Country
Pixelated shit is generally what happens when you stretch an image that much, yes. Also, the 3D models in Pokemon Snap plain sucked.
pokemon-snap1.jpg

Look at that perfect heptagon-shaped Doduo! Those curvy rocks! ;O;
My point still stands. That game frankly looks better.

Reactions: kyogre123

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
3D is a gimmick, right? Now people get their panties in a wad because a game doesn't use it fully. Oh no, a pokemon game doesn't have mind blowing holy balls my head just exploded graphics? Well, I suppose that you shouldn't be looking at a freaking pokemon game.

Whining diaper babies, the lot of ya.

Asbel60

Pokemon Trainer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't see what the big issue is. So they took the 3D off the overworld, who cares? e3e ANother thing is, the comparing from MH3U and that screenshot from like 9-8 months ago, seriously? And what's making the picture look bad it's because it's too big unlike the one Arras put. I think the game is looking amazing and well done, it's more "Animated" then MH3U where it looks more... realistic.

Reactions: NEP

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
To be fair the difference between BW and BW2 is much larger than the difference between, say, Diamond/Pearl and Platinum.

Which will drop the framerate like crazy so no one will use it.

@OP: Man, at least use unstretched screenshots. Something like this already looks a lot better:
may_p4_4.jpg
Once homebrew is possible we can probably overclock too. So not a problem.

3D is a gimmick, right? Now people get their panties in a wad because a game doesn't use it fully. Oh no, a pokemon game doesn't have mind blowing holy balls my head just exploded graphics? Well, I suppose that you shouldn't be looking at a freaking pokemon game.

This generation was supposed to revolutionize the pokemon series in terms of graphics. They've finally made the environment 3D rendered, why in the hell gimp it by not displaying it in 3D? They can blame it on slowdowns but prettier looking games have ran in 3D just fine.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, people sure are upset over the look of a game. Let me call the wambulance :rofl2:

This is pretty much a summation of the thread: "A game on the 3DS that doesn't use 3D? Blaspheme! Nintendo and Gamefreak must burn at the stake for not choosing to use 3D! Raise your pitchforks! Summon every man, woman and child and together will will obliterate Nintendo for not using 3D or super-detailed graphics in a Pokemon game!! If that doesn't work, start a chain of diatribes and constant bitching, surely, that will get their attention, right!!!?"

Ah, the joys of gaming :creep:

*Goes back to playing 3DS games without 3D just to piss people off*

Heh, I play all my 3DS games without 3D, does that make me a rebel and a nonconformist? :creep:B-)

Reactions: Xexyz

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Once homebrew is possible we can probably overclock too. So not a problem.

This generation was supposed to revolutionize the pokemon series in terms of graphics. They've finally made the environment 3D rendered, why in the hell gimp it by not displaying it in 3D? They can blame it on slowdowns but prettier looking games have ran in 3D just fine.

It did. Do you really think the overworld would look better in stereoscopic 3D? I don't think so. Besides, it's not like it's not in 3D at all. The whole point of the game; the battles, ARE in stereoscopic 3D. As well as cutscenes and other important events in the game. You're all judging the graphical merits of a game based on it not having stereoscopic 3D. From those I have talked to that have had their hands on this game first hand say that it's absolutely beautiful when you're actually playing it. I'd take their word over some random forum-goer with a screenshot blown up to over 3x the actual 3DS resolution.

That brings me to my next point: Haven't we all already agreed that static screenshots of the 3DS look like ass and the actual games look a lot better when its actually running? I swear I see this same crap with every AAA title INCLUDING Monster Hunter. The same blown up screens showing the blandest looking scenes, basically showing the worst example and having a shit fit because it doesn't look like Crysis on Ultra settings. It's the same song and dance every time, and then the same people that were shitting all over the game are the same ones that are singing it's praises after release like they forgot everything they said previously.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It did. Do you really think the overworld would look better in stereoscopic 3D? I don't think so. Besides, it's not like it's not in 3D at all. The whole point of the game; the battles, ARE in stereoscopic 3D. As well as cutscenes and other important events in the game. You're all judging the graphical merits of a game based on it not having stereoscopic 3D. From those I have talked to that have had their hands on this game first hand say that it's absolutely beautiful when you're actually playing it. I'd take their word over some random forum-goer with a screenshot blown up to over 3x the actual 3DS resolution.

That brings me to my next point: Haven't we all already agreed that static screenshots of the 3DS look like ass and the actual games look a lot better when its actually running? I swear I see this same crap with every AAA title INCLUDING Monster Hunter. The same blown up screens showing the blandest looking scenes, basically showing the worst example and having a shit fit because it doesn't look like Crysis on Ultra settings. It's the same song and dance every time, and then the same people that were shitting all over the game are the same ones that are singing it's praises after release like they forgot everything they said previously.
They don't have the game yet, so they have nothing better to do than complain until it releases. I bet this place will be quiet once Oct. 12th rolls around.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3D is definitely nice, but there are occasions where it just feels unnecessary. I just love how people here can go from pro-3D to vehemently against it in the blink of an eye...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I forgot password consult admin