Will Nintendo be around for a long time?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if Nintendo starts losing in future consoles (which I see it will), it still has enough following to be around for a long time. It really did start mainstream gaming, I would see Nintendo to be around for the end of it.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Jaems said:
Sir-Fritz said:
Nintendo have been around since the 1800's when they used to make playing cards.
To say it just like that is kind of misleading. Nintendo was founded in 1889, so they were only really around for 1/10 of the century.

Anyhowww... the fact that they're old doesn't really mean anything, as now, they are solely a video-game company and actually have competitors.
and you think they had no competitors as a card game company?

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
My pals Mario and Link will be around for a good while from now. I doubt their creator will stop producing hardware, but if they do then they can become a third party company.

Kaze967

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can see it now...
In the age of flying cars and slimming latex space suits, Nintendo's Virtual Reality console is ruling the console market with an iron fist.

kaisai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think Nintendo is goin away anytime soon. i think nintendo just relesed the Wii because of the PS3 and the 360. i think we all know that nintendo should of released a different console because the Wii is just ahead of its time

ranglechen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Rogue Trader said:
Eventually, like all companies, they will die. It's inevitable, no matter how big or powerful they are they won't last forever.

They'll be around for a while yet. They have loads of money, and even if the shovelware sucks, they still make enough on it to keep going.

hmm... that makes sense, kind of

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The DS has been a license to print money.

The Wii ruled mainly because it didn't bother trying to compete and was the popular parent choice (as a parent I know which system a kid gets when you have one for a couple of hundred, one for a several hundred, and one nearly a 1000 friggin bucks). I think the novelty is also now old.

But times change, and everyone that ever will want a Wii likely already has one. They can't sell yesterday's tech for ever.

Besides, the PS3 is now 300 not damn near 1000 bucks.
As for the 360, I think MS should just get over it, they lost, and their malfunction friendly junk will always be that regardless of how badly you love the games made for it. Banning their junk so you need to buy it again is lousy planning.

But I think Nintendo might be heading for a bad play if they actually plan to release a 'contender' for the Sony/MS target zone.

Nintendo rules the kiddie market, and likely will till they fuck up. Them damn brats command a lot of mommy and daddy power.
I don't see them having any reason to have any easier time than MS and their breakomatic action console and Sony and their 'you want WHAT for it?' console.

I also see the laptop potentially rendering the desk eating PC yesterday's news too. I'm already shopping for a laptop to replace my desktop. Simple matter to just plug a laptop into a monitor or a tv screen which today are basically the same thing to some. Once the laptop is free from the desk, I think a lot of things will be shaking up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, you are a cat? /j +1