Will Nintendo be around for a long time?

chillyloop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
With the success of the Nintendo wii and DS, do you think Nintendo will be around for a long time yet?

What has Nintendo got coming next year, like as in consoles and decent games? Can you see Nintendo going anywhere in the future or will it stay popular like it is now?

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has done a great job paving the step up for video games to their success, and have been great for years, and they'll continue to be...if they decide to step it up again. Honestly, I think that if they keep up this shovelware bullshit for a while longer, they're asking to just die off. If this shovelware proceeds, eventually Nintendo will end up like Sega. No system to call their own, just making 3rd party games with other companies. If they continue their work even then, then we'll see another Atari crash and fail.

petspaps

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been buying nintendo products since i was born - 14 years. And they have all been great. They lasted long and did their job. But the one thing ive been seeing is that they are taking tiny steps and releasing mediocre advancements. They need to step up to really survive in this new technological world.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Of course, they have been here a long time and have way too much money to give up any time soon.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They've been here for 120 years, and they have been changing their services ever since. If their video game business, for some odd reason, fails massively, they might just switch to some other product like they did before.

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
benjaminlibl said:
I think if Nintendo dies, Mario will too. Mario = Nintendo.

Every company has to die out sooner or later. But, hopefully, it's later in Nintendo's case.

microsoft surely is a company that won't die out that easily, they have way too much ressources and their computer systems are used the most globaly, the market couldn't abondon them
lecture.gif

and for nintendo, they will be around for a while for sure, with their success, their fan community and the mass of new funny and usefull ideas they're coming up with they won't lose their position easily. but i wonder with which new technoligies they want to surpass the success of the wii, especially after they demented the release of a wii hd, don't know whether they meant the release date at 2010 or the release in generell.
an other thought i had is whether big n will expand their work into other sections besides console gaming to stable the success and backup for worse gaming times. looking at sony or microsoft, who also are activ in other sections which saved them from a total capacity shutdown in the financial crisis XD its a possibility which they should consider.

big n for a lifetime
yaynds.gif

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Most likely. The Gamecube was around for 5 years and totally failed to beat the PS2 and Xbox in sales (The PlayStation 2 has 140 million sales, the Xbox has 24 million sales and the GameCube has 21.74 million sales). Seeing as the Wii is winning the war this time, my guess is that we'll be waiting until least 3-5 more years for Nintendo to think of something new.

EDIT: Wow, I totally misread what the OP said! I thought he was talking about if the Wii is going to around for a while.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The DS will be around for a while, that's true, but the Wii is dying slowly... a bit too fast, actually?

Anyway, Nintendo has been around for over 120 years, I doubt they'll die now. Especially when they're stinking rich. However, in this day and age (and this is the second great depression) I see SONY might go out first, and then probably Microsoft and Nintendo at the same time. If this keeps up for 5 more years, that is.
yaynds.gif

Rogue Trader

Trophies
XP
Country
Eventually, like all companies, they will die. It's inevitable, no matter how big or powerful they are they won't last forever.

They'll be around for a while yet. They have loads of money, and even if the shovelware sucks, they still make enough on it to keep going.

D

Deleted_171835

Nintendo won't die. When/If it's done making hardware and stuff of that sort it'll be a software company. Developing games for other systems, so we can still have Mario!

Shinryuji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nah, the moment Nintendo die, is the moment we lose three things. Mario, Zelda and Pokemon. They are the mascots of Nintendo, that said, if they do become a purely software company, they may sell them.

Rainy

Trophies
XP
Country
I personally think Microsoft will be the last to go, it has consoles, desktop pc's and OS's to make money from.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sir-Fritz said:
Nintendo have been around since the 1800's when they used to make playing cards.
To say it just like that is kind of misleading. Nintendo was founded in 1889, so they were only really around for 1/10 of the century.

Anyhowww... the fact that they're old doesn't really mean anything, as now, they are solely a video-game company and actually have competitors.

D

Deleted_171835

Shinryuji said:
Nah, the moment Nintendo die, is the moment we lose three things. Mario, Zelda and Pokemon. They are the mascots of Nintendo, that said, if they do become a purely software company, they may sell them.
No way! Mario will not die or Zelda! Pokemon...let it die.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...