Hacking Will I be banned?

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I accessed the plaza last night for the first time in Pokemon moon but I only did the tutorial part when you first go there. I think it makes you talk to NPC's or something but I wasn't sure. Should I be alright if I just stay away from the plaza now or does it automatically connect even when you go to it for the first time?

I just tried to log into Mario Kart 7 and it was working so I assume i'm not banned. But this was a few hours ago so..

Geezerdorf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
As far as it seems, the first time that you do the Festival plaza (can't remember the english name, playing in japanese), you do it offline. So, as long as you don't go online until, say, tomorrow for America, Canada and Japan, you shouldn't have any problems.

People say that they got banned by checking it, but never specify exactly if they were accessing it before or after the tutorials, as well as if they were playing the game on CFW or in a9lh, so there's a lack of specific info (as well as to determine HOW do they activated/deactivated online communications within the game)
As far as i know, by experience on playing moon and done the Festival plaza tutorial 4 days ago, I've not been banned, and i played Monster Hunter online one hour ago; then again, i have a N3DS with a9lh and Luma, don't know if that affects

Who knows? maybe it's a CFW problem or truly a .cia version problem, but we certainly need a lot more of specific info for the problem.

ADDENDUM: Since you can get online without problems, i wouldn't worry too much. But just to be in the safer side of the fence, wait until tomorrow to enter the online capabilities of the game, when the game is released on the Eshop and stores.

Last edited by Geezerdorf,

vinhsama

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never connected online but I'm curious as to what steps are appropriate going forward; should I delete my CIA and re-DL after official launch using new save? Or is it possible to use JKSV to keep my original save? Or is it even necessary at all to dl a new CIA?

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never connected online but I'm curious as to what steps are appropriate going forward; should I delete my CIA and re-DL after official launch using new save? Or is it possible to use JKSV to keep my original save? Or is it even necessary at all to dl a new CIA?

I was actually about to ask this. I'm curious about this as well.

Geezerdorf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, several people have been reporting that they are detecting the versions of the games getting connected (caused by the blanket bans of before).
My suggestion right now is that you delete your downloaded one, and replace it with the .cia that was released recently, as it'll have the correct version of .cia and you won't have to worry about that ever again, either by Freeshop or by that iso site.

Your save, you can transfer with either a save data tool (but you risk it to fail, since pokemon actually changed some of the "soft" save data encryption), or by making a copy of the save data of the game with 3DS' Data Manager. This addition was actually made recently, but since other tools for this existed, well, it wasn't that necessary. If you opt to use this option, as soon as you download the game again, regardless of anything, will restore your save data without any kind of problem.

Good luck!

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, several people have been reporting that they are detecting the versions of the games getting connected (caused by the blanket bans of before).
My suggestion right now is that you delete your downloaded one, and replace it with the .cia that was released recently, as it'll have the correct version of .cia and you won't have to worry about that ever again, either by Freeshop or by that iso site.

Your save, you can transfer with either a save data tool (but you risk it to fail, since pokemon actually changed some of the "soft" save data encryption), or by making a copy of the save data of the game with 3DS' Data Manager. This addition was actually made recently, but since other tools for this existed, well, it wasn't that necessary. If you opt to use this option, as soon as you download the game again, regardless of anything, will restore your save data without any kind of problem.

Good luck!

I use ciaangel will that work as well?

D

Deleted User

I got 2 questions

1.Are you you playing the leak?

2.Is Pokemon sun/moon out for your region?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use ciaangel will that work as well?
It will, as long as the .cia is either V16 for moon, or 32 for sun (you can check that on FBI and CIAngel)

I thought CIAngel can't even list games until someone buys the game from eShop and is able to dump tickets for the app, so they should be proper version once available anyway right?

Geezerdorf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I got 2 questions

1.Are you you playing the leak?

2.Is Pokemon sun/moon out for your region?

1.- I played the leak, but since they may be doing a blanket ban to everyone with a .cia whose version is 0, i deleted that one and redownloaded the new one that launched in japan yesterday (with freeShop, mind you). The save was backed up by the Data managment of the 3DS when i deleted it. This is why i recommended in the end to @kbf that he should get one of the new .cias that were released yesterday, in japan and australia. The ones on that iso site have been replaced as well, but one has to see through FBI or CIAngel that they're correspondent versions with valid tickets.

2.- It launched in America (the whole continent) today. So i shouldn't have problems with getting online. Neither should any person, unless they screw up. Except Europe? I don't know how will they handle traffic from europe.

I thought CIAngel can't even list games until someone buys the game from eShop and is able to dump tickets for the app, so they should be proper version once available anyway right?

You actually can install if you have a "dummy ticket" as far as i knew (the ones that were floating with lurantis' .cias were actually dummy ones); then again, after this, this isn't a proper action to do anymore...at least for pokemon games.

ADDENDUM: Furthermore, if you can enter the Eshop after you got the game downloaded, you may opt to "redownload it" to "repair errors with the game", and end with a valid one with valid tickets as well.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well I just deleted moon and am getting it again from ciaangel. I'll check and see if it's the right version.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You actually can install if you have a "dummy ticket" as far as i knew (the ones that were floating with lurantis' .cias were actually dummy ones); then again, after this, this isn't a proper action to do anymore...at least for pokemon games.

ADDENDUM: Furthermore, if you can enter the Eshop after you got the game downloaded, you may opt to "redownload it" to "repair errors with the game", and end with a valid one with valid tickets as well.

Got it, I'll probably just wait for the legit CIA anyway, that way it can follow me to a new un hacked console down the road if it comes down to it.

Geezerdorf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Got it, I'll probably just wait for the legit CIA anyway, that way it can follow me to a new un hacked console down the road if it comes down to it.

Oh, don't worry, the legit one's out as of today, so you wouldn't be waiting too much time! :tpi:

is the one on cianangel the legit one then?
I haven't seen, but it should be. The game's out in America today

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, don't worry, the legit one's out as of today, so you wouldn't be waiting too much time! :tpi:

I don't think you know the meaning of a "legit" cia... And after some research looks like Nintendo isn't releasing the game in the bundle this time. Seems they've learned their lesson.

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you know the meaning of a "legit" cia... And after some research looks like Nintendo isn't releasing the game in the bundle this time. Seems they've learned their lesson.

Isn't a 2DS bundle coming out in Europe with Pokemon Moon pre-installed? I doubt they've learned their lesson..

Last edited by lithium210,

RinkawaErion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
I have played the leaked ver of moon, however, I was planning to buy the game to begin with (gonna pick it up this week). With that said, I have a few questions:

1. I have spent more than 20hrs playing the leaked/pirated copy of the game, can I import my save to the cartridge? If so, how.
  2. If the answer to 1 is yes, is there is a chance of me still getting banned? (Since the 3DS records when you started playing the game or something...)
Advance thanks for the answers.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It will, as long as the .cia is either V16 for moon, or 32 for sun (you can check that on FBI and CIAngel)

How do I tell if it's the right one? all I see here is name, serial,region,titleID,and type. where can I make sure it's v16? I can't see anything on ciaangel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc