Hacking Will GC ISO's for usb loader ever be possible?

chaosglory

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am simply wondering if it will ever be possible to boot
gamecube ISO's on the usb loader, and no I'm not asking anyone to make one I just want to know if its there's something in the code that might prevent it or something.

chaosglory

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow I'm really glad to hear that since I have a bunch of GC ISO's on my pc but I suppose the GC backup launcher will have to do for now.

also thanks for the quick reply got it in like 2 minutes.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I could bet a lot of money that WiiGator is working with Waninkoko at this right now. Since the usb loader and gc launcher are already there, i think the most complicated part for this is how to store gc images in the filesystem. I guess it will be released within 2 weeks.

Edit: See my later post

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Woops, i forgot about that little details. Seems i was a too optimistic. Maybe with BootMii Wiigator manages to get gc games to run in Wii mode and not shut down usb.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
Woops, i forgot about that little details. Seems i was a too optimistic. Maybe with BootMii Wiigator manages to get gc games to run in Wii mode and not shut down usb.
I don't think they will ever run in Wii-mode. I don't think it's possible without an emulator. It's the same as GBA-games on a DS.

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
People said it wasn't possible for the Wii to read DVD's, people said it wasn't possible to make a GC-loader, people said it was impossible to make a backup loader using USB2.0.
The Wii-scene has done all of this, it would surprise me if they would not be able to make that USB-loader being abled to read GC ISO's too.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:

or it scrubs them down and runs from NAND ?? some GC are very, very small.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure that

USB -> Wii = Shut off USB, unless hardware modifications.

imho, the only current sofmod way to go would be to load the shrunken GC iso to NAND, and use a modified version of wanins NAND loader, like in the hamster game.

Note, I said current.

I hope to be proved wrong soon, and given enough time we will soon have total control over the Wii and it's hardware (crosses fingers).

Wiipower, I'd love to hear your thoughts on loading and launching from NAND.
smile.gif
would it work ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1