OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nate1579 said:
k did that but still errors out i put it ont he root of the hard drive

root of USB or SD you need a folder called NandGames

Inside that folder you need loader.dol

Once you have that setup, if it still doesn't work, I suggest you try a different usbloader and later on I will try Wiiflow on my Wii to see if it is still working with that usbloader at my end
wink.gif

If it doesn't work with NandGames folder in the root of USB then try it with NandGames in root of SD - (makes no difference with my setup, but you never know...)

nate1579

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well config usb loader gave me a diffrent error

set_frag -128
error: setwbfs: -128

also says i need to have cios 222 and 223 installed which i do so there is somethign wrong with my cios i take it?

EDIT
nevemind didnt set the cios for that game i put it to 222mload and it fixed and the emulator loaded so wiiflow dont work is there anyway you can find a way to get it to work i have kids and thats why i use wii flow

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nate1579 said:
well config usb loader gave me a diffrent error

set_frag -128
error: setwbfs: -128

also says i need to have cios 222 and 223 installed which i do so there is somethign wrong with my cios i take it?

EDIT
nevemind didnt set the cios for that game i put it to 222mload and it fixed and the emulator loaded so wiiflow dont work is there anyway you can find a way to get it to work i have kids and thats why i use wii flow

Yeah I've just tried wiiflow, It wouldn't look at my FAT32 USB HDD at all - I'm sure it only works with games / ISO forwarders on a WBFS partition. (It apparently will launch from a FAT32 USB drive, but seems to only load games from WBFS).

I don't use Wiiflow myself, so don't know what it is capable of (It might be as simple as setting the active partition on USB drive or maybe it has to be launched from SD card etc.) I'll have a look later - haven't got time to repartition drives and reinstall games at the moment

/EDIT - I have kids that's why I use CFG (coverflow theme style) Looks the same but is far more configurable than Wiiflow (or any other usb loader for that matter
smile.gif

Is your nand emu on the 1st partition of your USB drive?

nate1579

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its on the first partion there is only one partion

this is the forwarder im playing with http://gbatemp.net/t187806-wiiware-vc-and-...t&p=2354160

says they work with wiiflow but i have no such luck so far tryed playing with the setting doesnt really help any

wiiflow all you have to do id go to the bottom right hand side and change the partion setting to fat and they will load and you can test

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nate1579 said:
its on the first partion there is only one partion

this is the forwarder im playing with http://gbatemp.net/t187806-wiiware-vc-and-...t&p=2354160

says they work with wiiflow but i have no such luck so far tryed playing with the setting doesnt really help any

wiiflow all you have to do id go to the bottom right hand side and change the partion setting to fat and they will load and you can test

Those forwarders are different from Wad2ISO forwarders. I don't have any experience with those ones as I use forwarders made with Wad2ISO.

I have just tried Wad2ISO forwarders with Wiiflow and they work fine - That was with WBFS partition for games and FAT32 partition for apps.
smile.gif

I will have a look at FAT32 partition only and Wiiflow but the first problem must be that you are using a forwarder produced by one program to try and use a loader from a different program - won't work
wink.gif

nate1579

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i make forwaders for my hombrew then can your app do that or could you help me with it sorry if i been a bother

so can i just use wad forwarders for my hombrew to make isos i take it

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nate1579 said:
how do i make forwaders for my hombrew then can your app do that or could you help me with it sorry if i been a bother

Wad2ISO just produces ISO forwarders from a wadfile that launch titles with Triiforce - I have no plans to add homebrew forwarders.

I have just had a look at wiiflow (v1.1), both versions 222 and 249. I cannot find any setting to change what filesystem it uses.
unsure.gif

At the bottom right-hand side is a 'home' button (to return to loader) and at the bottom left is a config button - but there are no options in the 6 pages that brings up to select partition or filesystem

If your homebrew apps made with 3ISOs work OK with Wiiflow but not the Wiiware, just use Wad2ISO to make the Wiiware ones
wink.gif

/EDIT - Found the r27 version of Wiiflow that supports FAT partition - Wad2ISO Forwarder ISOs working fine
smile.gif

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nate1579 said:

That would probably work - just remember to select 'real nand' from the options - at least until you find a more direct forwarder that works for you

Another way would be to use customizemii to create a wad forwarder to your homebrew and then extract the dol from the wad it creates.

Then use a WiiScrubber / Partition Manager to replace the main dol of any existing ISO forwarder with the one you just extracted
biggrin.gif

This won't always work because if the entrypoints or content of forwarder / homebrew / usbloader clash then the wii will lock up or reset / crash

nate1579

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tristar said:
nate1579 said:

That would probably work - just remember to select 'real nand' from the options - at least until you find a more direct forwarder that works for you

Another way would be to use customizemii to create a wad forwarder to your homebrew and then extract the dol from the wad it creates.

Then use a WiiScrubber / Partition Manager to replace the main dol of any existing ISO forwarder with the one you just extracted
biggrin.gif

This won't always work because if the entrypoints or content of forwarder / homebrew / usbloader clash then the wii will lock up or reset / crash

any way you can help me with i have no idea about that
i just need ones for
snes
nes
vba
triiforce

im off to be illl check back here in the morning

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nate1579 said:
Tristar said:
nate1579 said:

biggrin.gif

any way you can help me with i have no idea about that
i just need ones for
snes
nes
vba
triiforce

im off to be illl check back here in the morning

If I come up with anything I'll let you know
wink.gif

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tristar said:
Etheboss said:
Hello Tristar,

On my PC the program stops after Partition builder asks me to save the partition file, or at least it looks like nothing is happening.
I can stop Wad2ISO with the escape key, so the program still responds.

Greetz...

Don't worry about the update prompt - that comes up and is closed on it's own. No updated is necessary but that doesn't stop customizemii informing you that one is available
smile.gif

The script works by sending responses to particular prompts / windows, and if other windows pop up and steal focus the input can be missed at times.

The particular part where it has stalled for you can be overcome by just clicking 'yes'.

OR you can press ESC then run it again and it will ask if you want to continue with the existing file-list. If it gets stuck every time at this point, let me know what version of windows you're running and I'll see if it is something I can adjust for you
wink.gif

It gets stuck every time on this point. Tried it with several wads..

I have Windows XP SP3 (dutch language) and the visual c++ 2008 redistributable installed.

EDIT: if i press Yes and BUILD (save) the partiton image, the partion image program stays open and nothing happens, if i click on Exit nothing happens.
Does it matter where i save the partition image?

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The script works on known window titles / prompts displayed by the English version of Windows - I have no idea what differences might be presented on OS other than English - I guess we'll just have to presume it won't work with your setup.
frown.gif

claudekennilol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got ShowMiiWads to install wads to a fake NAND.. but what do I do from there? I'm really at a loss as how to do anything after that.

or is there some other method I can use to play Wads off of my external hard drive? My hard drive is 500 megs, 2 partitions, one WBFS for my wii games and the other isn't in use.

claudekennilol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, thanks, in a reply to another post I'd made someone said that triiforce didn't work with 4.2... But I just went back and checked it and they'd edited it since I'd seen it saying that an older version of triiforce didn't work with 4.2...

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tristar said:
The script works on known window titles / prompts displayed by the English version of Windows - I have no idea what differences might be presented on OS other than English - I guess we'll just have to presume it won't work with your setup.
frown.gif

OK, i will try it on windows 7 english...

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Etheboss said:
Tristar said:
frown.gif

OK, i will try it on windows 7 english...

Damn...still stops on the same point..Tristar, can you tell me what setup you have?

Like in which folder the program is installed and wich temp folders it uses....
I think my problem has something to do with it.

I got it working with 3 ISO'S Studio V4..there i can chose the folders in the partition builder part..
But i am still not happy with how that program works...

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Etheboss said:
Damn...still stops on the same point..Tristar, can you tell me what setup you have?
I have Windows 7 (not VM - proper install)
Etheboss said:
Like in which folder the program is installed and wich temp folders it uses....
I think my problem has something to do with it.
It runs from H:\Wad2ISO at the moment, but runs fine from any folder I put it in
You cannot choose which temp folder it uses
QUOTE(Etheboss @ May 30 2010, 03:43 AM)
I got it working with 3 ISO'S Studio V4..there i can chose the folders in the partition builder part..
But i am still not happy with how that program works...
Wad2ISO works standalone using the embedded programs - It does not work with 3ISOs, or any other program of similar nature
wink.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
no, in laymans terms, it creates a shortcut that will launch wiiware off of a USB, but by itself it wont do anything

to play wiiware off of USB, read this (http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/how-to-use/triiforce)

after u get triiforce up and running, u can use WAD2ISO to make forwarder ISOs so u can see triiforce games in your USB loader (instead of only being able to access them via triiforce)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...