Homebrew Wiiware / VC ISO Forwarders made easy

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tristar said:
Wad2ISO works standalone using the embedded programs - It does not work with 3ISOs, or any other program of similar nature
wink.gif

Sorry, you misunderstood me, i meant i could make an iso forwarder from a wad with 3 ISOs.
It looks like 3ISOs uses the same programs and a similar script system.

I suspect that program runs for me because i can manually select the files partition builder needs to create the ISO forwarder.
After i have pointed partition buider to the correct files, the 3ISOs script goes on.

Note: I also have Windows 7 (ultimate) proper english installation and i i have tried to run WAD2ISO from different places.

Anyway thanks for the response, despite of the problems i had.
I'l try somethings else and if i figure it out i will let you know.

Greetz Erik.

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to hear it won't play nice for you
It's got me baffled but, as I am unable to reproduce the problem, I really don't know what can be done.

At least you can produce forwarder ISOs with another program, I guess that's the main thing
smile.gif

I use it with Windows 7 Ultimate, and it never misses a beat - so if you do discover what program / process it's clashing with, maybe something can be done.
(I can only presume that you have something installed that I don't, and therefore I don't get the problem you are experiencing).

drewdogg6998

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K first thing Wad2Iso would hang on the wiiscrubber part every time not sure why. So tried it on my gaming computer and it works flawless so not sure whats the difference to make it work. 1st is a older computer running 32bit Windows 7 Ultimate and 2nd is 64bit Windows 7 Ultimate. That aside I have been trying to get the wiiware and vc games to boot off of USB Loader GX and any other Usbloading Apps. With 3.2+ here wouldn't do it for me think my setup still needed the dol forwarder cause when I tried it with an older version of wad2iso that create the dol it works flawless. My Wii is a 4.2u with Cios 17 a modchip {woopie doda} softmoded to run everything off of a 1TB Western Digital HDD 50Gigs formatted fat32 for my apps nand backup and other goodies and the rest formatted NTFS for all my backups and wiiware/vc forwarders. After a ton of headaches everything is working almost the way I want it only thing left to do is figure out how to get Ocarina cheats to work on the wiiware/vc forwarders through usb loaders {ex. usb loader gx or coverfloader} Dont get me wrong the wad2iso is the best program I have found for making the forwarders gotta love the set it and forget it style just wondering why the newer version says dont need the dols anymore when my setup still requires it. But ty all

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
All versions of Wad2ISO require

1) Wiiware / VC titles installed and working in nand
2) ISO image, installed as a game for each title
3) forwarder dol

Older versions require a folder in the root of your SD/USB called Triiforwarders which will contain a dol file with the gameID as a title for each ISO forwarder

Current Version (3.2) requires a folder in the root of your SD/USB called NandGames which will contain a single dol file - Loader.dol

So if you have produced forwarders with a version older than 3.0, but now use a later version and have not made re-made all of your forwarders with the newer version, you will need 2 folders in the root of SD/USB - one called Triiforwarders which will contain all of your old dol files and one called NandGames which will contain loader.dol.

The reason this change came about is, as explained in earlier pages, each forwarder in the Triiforwarders folder was the exact same program which only differed by the 4 byte GameID and was a waste of storage space once the loader was able to receive the gameID as an in-line argument.

I chose to simply make new ISO forwarders for my titles and deleted the Triiforwarders folder.

I installed the new ISO forwarders with Wii Backup Manager and copied the NandGames folder (containing Loader.dol) to the root of my USB HDD.

Now there is (and will only ever be) 1 single loader.dol required - All titles load with Wiiflow, Usbloader GX and CFG Usbloader no problems
smile.gif

I am using 32bit Windows7 Ultimate to run Wad2ISO - no problems there
smile.gif

I hope this info will help those who are finding Wad2ISO confusing, or having problems with it.
wink.gif

The best thing to do is read through the thread - it's really not that long and this has all been said before
The script works fine on many, if not all, versions of windows. If it doesn't work for your particular setup, and you are unable to discover which of your programs / processes are clashing with it then, unfortunately, I doubt that I will be able to either.

/EDIT @drewdogg6998
Have you copied the NandGames folder (that is produced in the same folder you run Wad2ISO) to the root of your SD/USB ?
Ocarina cheats have been discussed on an earlier page (I don't use them myself but the method has been confirmed working, by others that do)
smile.gif

drewdogg6998

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I have copied the NandGames folder over but still was not able to get them to work. Not sure if its because I dont use a sd card for anything. Did read that the cios has a big deal on how all this works so maybe it has something to do with mine not sure but with your help my Wii is loaded with fun for the kid. Now just trying to find a good complete place to get all the covers for all the vc and some of the wiiware games. Been using 3 Isos studios to make the basic covers but not looking forward to editing 1200+ covers to make em look fancy. That and will look over this thread again about the ocarina cheats.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spayrosam said:
drewdogg6998 said:
Been using 3 Isos studios to make the basic covers but not looking forward to editing 1200+ covers to make em look fancy.

All (FR) Wiiware Full Covers Created with AutoJaquettes Wii.
"3 ISOS Studio": Forget it!

Wow thats awesome, full set already. Is there any English versions by chance?

@ Tristar Quick question, i've used an older version of your program to make all my iso forwarders (when it used triiforwarders folder) Since compatibility has changed and the new Nandfolders loader.dol is a better idea i remade all of my iso's with v3.2 200+ of them, but my problem is it did'nt create a loader.dol in the nandgames folder, it took hours. Do i have to remake all of them again?

spayrosam

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jiiwah said:
With AutoJaquettes Wii, by Kalidor
wink.gif

Thanks Jiiwah, i don't rightly know who's the creator
smile.gif

@Kalidor, i thank you very much. - My pleasure.

QUOTE(Skater4599 @ Jun 7 2010, 07:37 PM) Wow thats awesome, full set already. Is there any English versions by chance?
Ask Kalidor
wink.gif

Any more questions? AutoJaquettes Wii topic

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Skater4599 said:
@ Tristar Quick question, i've used an older version of your program to make all my iso forwarders (when it used triiforwarders folder) Since compatibility has changed and the new Nandfolders loader.dol is a better idea i remade all of my iso's with v3.2 200+ of them, but my problem is it did'nt create a loader.dol in the nandgames folder, it took hours. Do i have to remake all of them again?

NandGames\loader.dol is created in the same folder that you run Wad2ISO from each time it it re-started.

Just run it and quit to have NandGames\loader.dol created again.
smile.gif

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, this app sounds great. But I can't seem to get it working after I have made the .ISO file from the .WAD file. I copied the directory containing the .ISO file (33 megs in size) to the WBFS folder on my USB drive, and I copied the NandGames folder with loader.dol to the root of my SD and USB drives. But when I go into config USB loader, I can't see the game. How do I load the loader.dol file, or how do I make config USB loader see the new ISO files? I haven't used a NAND emulator before, I have Waninkoko Rev14, and Hermes v4 installed and use a FAT32 partitioned drive. If anyone could help me out it'd be much appreciated, thanks.

tismondo

Trophies
XP
Country
After much tweaking/fighting/bleeding/crying/etc I have finally gotten this to work with both games in NAND and emulated NAND.

It's still not 100%, however...

only SNES games are still giving me trouble. SNES VC wads finish fine with 0 errors in Wad2ISO but the ISOs themselves don't load the game. I've confirmed that they all load fine in vanilla triiforce... something about the ISO creation settings seems to be wrong, and no matter how much I play with the video settings I can't seem to get it right. Are there any specific SNES settings I should be using?

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Tristar, I got the USB Loader to see the file, but when I tried to load it it just showed a black screen for 10 seconds then the wii reset. I will try some other files. The conversion works well, it looks like a ghost has taken over the pc and is clicking this and that ..
laugh.gif

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
bubbleboy said:
. . . . when I tried to load it it just showed a black screen for 10 seconds then the wii reset . . .
Sounds like your emu nand is not setup right or you haven't got that title installed on it

Take a look here
wink.gif

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
Tristar Have you got a minute? xD

Well i was reading the thread and cant find a guide or something about the process. Mean the way to generate the forwarder ISO. It just stop on "CustomizeMii" with an screen to select file... Dont know what to do. Could someone give me some help?

I was looking for on inet and find this on wiihacks:

GUIDE
Code:
1. Making the .iso Files
2. Download wad2iso+
3. Install it...
4. Follow all the Instructions on First
5. Now when that is all done you will get a screen that says Select File
6. Navigate to your "wads" folder
7. You can multi select all you wads and click "open"
8. Now another box will come up and click "OK"
9. A settings box will come up, make sure you have your desired settings
10. After you set/verify the settings click the red "x" to close it and everything will work by itself
11. After is it done doing all the compiling, it will come up with a folder with all the completed .iso's
12. DONE!!!

Its supposed to be very simple but it just stop (with "Extracting Game Details") and nothing happens
frown.gif

Thanks in advance.

Sr Corsario

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The process described sounds about right, except it doesn't mention copying the NandGames folder to the root of your SD/USB as, without the loader.dol that folder contains (as well as obviously having the same wads installed as channels in the nand), the ISOs cannot work.

The problem of the script appearing to stall at a particular point crops up now and then. When it 'freezes' it is clearly waiting for an input. The input either has been sent but, for some reason specific to the current user's setup, focus of the window it was aimed at was stolen by another process and it was missed or the target window is still not the active window on the users screen and the script is waiting for it to become active / focused before it sends its data.

There are a couple of things to try.

You could just click the window (which might still not be the window in focus) and, if focus was stolen prior to data being sent, the script will now see it's target and send the text required.

If that doesn't work you could move the visible window and see if there is another behind it (if so - close it)

Or you could press escape to quit the script, start it again and choose to continue where you left off. If you find it getting stuck at the same point every time, it is worth doing a reset before re-starting to see if the interference is due to another process, perhaps with a fresh system the issue might not occur.

The problem for me is I do not see this problem ever and, as I cannot see it happening, I am unable to tell what might be the cause.

If this happens every time without fail, all I can suggest is that if someone were able to run a screen capturing program and show me the whole process going on I might have half a chance of discovering what causes some to get this problem.

People are using this script on a myriad of different setups (VMs, XP, Win7 32/64bit etc. etc) without problem, and yet some do get a problem, which leads me to conclude that it is not a problem with the OS or the script, but more to do with other processes that are running at the same time (which, of course, is unique to each user and most likely can only be tracked down by that user)

Sorry I can't offer any more useful help but, as I've said, I can't fix a problem that I cannot reproduce. Show me it happening and I might be able to discover what the cause is and find a solution for you.
wink.gif

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for answering i will apreciate it.

I will do a video capture.

Ouu, well Im using Windows XP pro sp3 Spanish (as administrator)
I was testing changing user but same problem.

Thanks

Video

Edit:Anyone with spanish windows make it work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1