Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tristar said:
Maybe try a different USB loader?

If they work in another loader then perhaps the ISOs aren't compatible with Wiiflow v2
wink.gif
Hee, Tristar, will test that...and let you know.

somewii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having issues creating the forwarders here. On two different Win7 x64 Ultimate(eng) I am unable to get any further than CustomizeMii and the following takes place.

-CustomizeMii loads but data is not automatically retrieved. Single clicking the browse button in the 'Source' tab loads the wad info via auto closing open dialogue box. Wad2Iso progress bar jumps from approx 5% to 25% and reads 'Extracting game details...'.

Progress stops indefinitely at this point with each wad I try. I'm trying to be as descriptive as possible, using v3.35. I'm under the impression that if it runs correctly I shouldn't have to click through CustomizeMii at all. Either way there must be something I'm missing, as I've tried all that I can think of. TFTH!

BloodlustNL

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have problems as well i have two completely different machines running this and both keep hanging on first startup and if i cancel that and manually enter 42 the program loads having made the key files. BUT they both keep hanging after making the partition i HAVE to click that manually then overwrite the partition and exit manually then it wont load the next step and hangs indefinitly.

i tried on a windows XP professional SP3 machine with a celeron 2.66 GHz machine with 1.50 gb memory and on a toshiba laptop on wndows VISTAhome basic SP2

but what i think is strange is that for many other users it DOES work and for some it does NOT.
is the script maybe not usable by all of the systems available??

maybe i can get a link to a guide to do all the steps manually?? plus program links so i can start trying loading it with a usb loader???

i use version 3.35 by the way

Gassy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wad2ISO stalling on "MakeKeyBin". Just hangs. Using Wad2ISO_v3.35.exe. My OS is XP SP3. Any ideas?

Thx!

sr_corsario

Trophies
XP
Country
It doesnt hangs... The "problem" appears because the "makekeybin" screen is under the wad2iso logo. do "Click" and "move" with keyboard arrows.

Gassy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
somewii said:
Having issues creating the forwarders here. On two different Win7 x64 Ultimate(eng) I am unable to get any further than CustomizeMii and the following takes place.

-CustomizeMii loads but data is not automatically retrieved. Single clicking the browse button in the 'Source' tab loads the wad info via auto closing open dialogue box. Wad2Iso progress bar jumps from approx 5% to 25% and reads 'Extracting game details...'.

Progress stops indefinitely at this point with each wad I try. I'm trying to be as descriptive as possible, using v3.35. I'm under the impression that if it runs correctly I shouldn't have to click through CustomizeMii at all. Either way there must be something I'm missing, as I've tried all that I can think of. TFTH!

I'm getting the same thing now. Any ideas? Thx!
Oh, I'm on XP SP3.

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework installed. CustomizeMii won't run without it
wink.gif

sr_corsario said:
It doesnt hangs... The "problem" appears because the "makekeybin" screen is under the wad2iso logo. do "Click" and "move" with keyboard arrows.
That little oversight has been fixed in v3.37 - no more hidden MakeKeyBin Screen
yaywii.gif

It also has an auto update notification (so you don't have to keep checking here to see if there has been an update)
smile.gif

@somewii
I do not have any 64bit systems so cannot comment on what your problem might be
unsure.gif

Gassy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New Warning from version 3.36:

QUOTE said:
Free to use, copy & do what you like with.
If you did not download this file via the built-in update notification or from the official link at
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=207530
Then, to avoid any possibility of VIRUS infection, please do NOT install (Click DECLINE)
You have been WARNED!

What does this mean?

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gassy said:
New Warning from version 3.36:

QUOTE said:
If you did not download this file via the built-in update notification or from the official link at
Then, to avoid any possibility of VIRUS infection, please do NOT install (Click DECLINE)
You have been WARNED!

What does this mean?

It means that if you did not download it from where I uploaded it - You can't be sure it hasn't been infected with a Virus
wink.gif

I can (and do) check that versions I upload are free from virus, but obviously can't vouch for versions obtained from other sources.

Gassy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I see. I thought this...

QUOTE said:
You have been WARNED!

...was one sentence. Disregard, LOL.

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gassy said:
Oh, I see. I thought this...

QUOTE said:
You have been WARNED!

...was one sentence. Disregard, LOL.

rofl.gif
Unfortunately the Winrar SFX seems to ignore empty lines.

It was typed in like this:

CODE

You have been WARNED!

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
somewii said:

I found another hidden input box (from CustomizeMii) at first run and fixed it in v3.37. Not sure, but that might have been your problem
wink.gif

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I just wanted to say that this is a great little program. The forwards do work and they work with CFG which is what I use, but I got a question. The default output by this program is to place each iso in a folder with the convention of: NAME-GAMEID

Inside the folder the iso has the convention of NAME-GAMEID.iso My question is because this is not an acceptable layout for CFG is there any way other than by hand that I could change this. Either inside the program or by using some type of batch conversion outside of the program. I mean when you have a couple dozen folders and files that need renamed doing it by hand can take a good half hour to an hour.

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
DaFees said:
Hey I just wanted to say that this is a great little program. The forwards do work and they work with CFG which is what I use, but I got a question. The default output by this program is to place each iso in a folder with the convention of: NAME-GAMEID

Inside the folder the iso has the convention of NAME-GAMEID.iso My question is because this is not an acceptable layout for CFG is there any way other than by hand that I could change this. Either inside the program or by using some type of batch conversion outside of the program. I mean when you have a couple dozen folders and files that need renamed doing it by hand can take a good half hour to an hour.
Just install the ISOs with Wii Backup Manager - I use CFG, they work fine
smile.gif

Start Wii Backup Manager
Click Files
Click Add
Click Folder
Navigate to where you installed Wad2ISO
Click OK
Wait for ISOs to be listed
Click Select All
Click Transfer
Select Drive
Done!
yay.gif

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tristar said:
DaFees said:

Just install the ISOs with Wii Backup Manager - I use CFG, they work fine
smile.gif

Start Wii Backup Manager
Click Files
Click Add
Click Folder
Navigate to where you installed Wad2ISO
Click OK
Wait for ISOs to be listed
Click Select All
Click Transfer
Select Drive
Done!
yay.gif

Ok, yes it actually was that simple. Thank you. Now I have a different question that deals with forwarders but not necessarily those for WiiWare or VC titles. How do I make an .iso forwarder for a homebrew application like an emulator or a homebrew game? Forgive me if this is the wrong place to ask

Gassy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tristar said:
I found another hidden input box (from CustomizeMii) at first run and fixed it in v3.37. Not sure, but that might have been your problem
wink.gif

Yep, that was the problem. I just tried it again, and it worked great! Thanks for the time saver!

Tristar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@DaFees

Wad2ISO is only about producing ISO forwarders as an alternative way to launch titles with Triiforce for now
wink.gif

Google, or search the forums regarding ISO forwarders for Homebrew - there's plenty of info.
smile.gif

Gassy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble getting my generated isos to work. I copied the NandGames folder, with contents, to the usb root. Is that what I was supposed to do? I installed the wads with ShowMiiNand.

I'm still running ciso version 17. Do I need a later one for this to work? I'll prolly wait until 20 is released, if I do.

Thx,
Gassy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1