Hacking Wiiware and VC channels on emunand restart to wii menu

Dabears08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
High guys im having a problem. Ive been able to play wii and gc backups perfectly with usb loader gx 3.0 Rev 1180. My Cios is 249 d2x-v9-beta installed as well. I followed the guides to install my vc and wiiware games on my wiis nand to be installed into emunand for my 2tb western digital hardrive. Ive tried all the features and settings and nothings working, Any advice? ive also installed the wad for usb loader gx 3.0 so i cant upgrade the rev.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What games are you trying to play?
Did you dump your NAND to the same place you are trying to play them from?
Try installing the wads to the system and then dumping the whole NAND to the EmuNAND.

doorknob60

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem. I have d2x-v9-beta installed in cIOS 248 (with it set to 248 in the options of USB Loader GX), and I have the latest USB Loader GX version r1203. Any Virtual Console or other channel I try to run that's in the EmuNAND, it just resets the Wii. I already did a full dump of my NAND into emunand, and the paths are properly set up in the options. Any suggestions?

EDIT: OK, I might be on the right track. Would it screw things up to dump your NAND, go into System Menu, delete the old NAND, copy more things from the Wii's official SD into NAND, and then dump the NAND again? Because that's what I did. It seems that any of the apps I got from the original dump don't work, but the ones from the second dump seem to work...Is there any way to fix that without deleting everything and re-downloading from the Wii shop (or any other WAD source)? I already deleted the first batch from the NAND, because there's not enough space in there for all my games.

EDIT2: No never mind, as soon as I delete the copies of them in my normal NAND, the emunand ones stop working. Any tips?

Dabears08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the reply. sorry ive been out for a while ive had kineseology to do :( I have dumped my nand to where my wiiware and vc games are. Would a folder path have anything to do with it?

doorknob60

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed it! It's dumb GPT! It's also what was causing my DIOS MIOS not to work! After comverting the partition table of my HD from GPT to MBR, my Emunand (and DIOS MIOS) now work fine! Here's the guide I followed. It's a Linux guide, I'm sure you could find a Windows one out there somewhere, or just use an Ubuntu Live CD or something: http://www.ehow.com/how_12119053_convert-gpt-mbr-linux.html Dabears08: Good luck with your problem, and I hope my solution might help you fix yours :)

Reactions: sieroi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: When you play SM64 but you try recreating the slider song from memory during an episode.