WiiWare #0385 - Mr. Driller W (USA)

M

mario5555

W probably stands for World

...and Dryo, Mr. Driller isn't gay....
rolleyes.gif
Apparently you haven't played the awesomeness that is Mr. Driller: Drill Land for GC, best Mr. Driller game ever made, anyone interested in puzzle type games owes it to themselves to play it.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
mario5555 said:

rolleyes.gif
Apparently you haven't played the awesomeness that is Mr. Driller: Drill Land for GC, best Mr. Driller game ever made, anyone interested in puzzle type games owes it to themselves to play it.

So....is this same or better than the GC version you're referring to ? or should I check the GC version out too ?

Zantagor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ravihpa said:
mario5555 said:

rolleyes.gif

So....is this same or better than the GC version you're referring to ? or should I check the GC version out too ?

You can always check the GC one, but unless you have a japanes gamecube, you won't be able to save. The game will just keep formatting the memory card over and over.

I heard you could change your Wii region directly, but it's a risky process... So I'm waiting on another solution, I'm sure someone will figure one out eventually.

M

mario5555

Sorry for the delay, saw your post asking for an opinion yesterday, but didn't have time to answer until now.

I'd recommend Drill Land and here's why (this post I got from a Gamefaqs user says it best)

QUOTE said:
I recently got to play this... and there's really not much to say about it. There's only the basic mode, no extras or flair or anything. You eventually can unlock the extra character and two endless stages, but that's about it.

I think the most disappointing thing is that there's no multiplayer of any sort.

I doubt anyone would import a Japanese Wii just for this game, but my advice would be to import Mr. Driller Land for Gamecube instead.

And like he said above, the only issue is saving, but you still have access to everything from the outset, just not unlockables like sound test, pictures, ect. Every game type is accessible from the get go. So you might not get to see all of the story unless you sit and play for a few hours since you can't save, but otherwise I enjoy it. The only mode you might have issue with is the Dragua (?, not sure on spelling) mode, its based on the Namco Tower of Dragua series where you are a Driller/Knight but you have items to use and some of them have a purpose in game to be able to advance and if you use them without knowing what they do they you get stuck and die, so unless you read Japanese then it might get annoying.

Otherwise like I said I totally recommend getting it if you can find it, awesome game, shame Namco never thought the US should have it, considering it was a JPN launch game for the GC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: j cole apologized and took back his diss, drake didn't, and got flamed by kendrick in another...