WiiWare #0385 - Mr. Driller W (USA)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chanser, Aug 24, 2009.

Aug 24, 2009
  1. Chanser
    OP

Member Chanser :o

Macau
    ^^wiirelease-2868^^

2. dryo

Member dryo GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    first...........v_v mister drillersgay

3. martin88

Member martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    What does the W stand for?

4. Ericthegreat

Member Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    could be the whole w = lol in japaneses

5. bollocks

Member bollocks GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    psh mr. driller is amazing. and w probably stands for wii.

6. mario5555

mario5555 Newbie

W probably stands for World

...and Dryo, Mr. Driller isn't gay....[​IMG] Apparently you haven't played the awesomeness that is Mr. Driller: Drill Land for GC, best Mr. Driller game ever made, anyone interested in puzzle type games owes it to themselves to play it.

7. ravihpa

Member ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

India
    So....is this same or better than the GC version you're referring to ? or should I check the GC version out too ?

8. Zantagor

Member Zantagor GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    You can always check the GC one, but unless you have a japanes gamecube, you won't be able to save. The game will just keep formatting the memory card over and over.

I heard you could change your Wii region directly, but it's a risky process... So I'm waiting on another solution, I'm sure someone will figure one out eventually.

9. mario5555

mario5555 Newbie

Sorry for the delay, saw your post asking for an opinion yesterday, but didn't have time to answer until now.

I'd recommend Drill Land and here's why (this post I got from a Gamefaqs user says it best)

And like he said above, the only issue is saving, but you still have access to everything from the outset, just not unlockables like sound test, pictures, ect. Every game type is accessible from the get go. So you might not get to see all of the story unless you sit and play for a few hours since you can't save, but otherwise I enjoy it. The only mode you might have issue with is the Dragua (?, not sure on spelling) mode, its based on the Namco Tower of Dragua series where you are a Driller/Knight but you have items to use and some of them have a purpose in game to be able to advance and if you use them without knowing what they do they you get stuck and die, so unless you read Japanese then it might get annoying.

Otherwise like I said I totally recommend getting it if you can find it, awesome game, shame Namco never thought the US should have it, considering it was a JPN launch game for the GC.