Hacking WiiU VC game injection working on 5.3.2

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just curious what other differences there could be besides the PCM changes. Idk what other possibilities there are, but don't know until somebody has a look. :P I agree that it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to change much in the ROM itself, though, and "configs" should be in the executable.

EDIT: I also don't know where in the executable they be, what range that includes, or how we'd be able to extract or read them. :\

The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking :lol: -> TCP Gecko Client

Wait, I don't have to use Mongoose to run TCP Gecko, do I? Or do I just run the GeckoLauncher/installer from Fix's site? Then open the VC, and connect the TCP Gecko Client? Sorry if I sound weird, long day.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, I don't have to use Mongoose to run TCP Gecko, do I? Or do I just run the GeckoLauncher/installer from Fix's site? Then open the VC, and connect the TCP Gecko Client? Sorry if I sound weird, long day.
No, you can run it from FIX94's site. Mongoose is just to host the files yourself if you so choose. Otherwise, yep, you got it! Go to the VC Menu screen before dumping, too.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you can run it from FIX94's site. Mongoose is just to host the files yourself if you so choose. Otherwise, yep, you got it! Go to the VC Menu screen before dumping, too.

Okay, sorry I'm asking so many questions lol. The part when you talk about ROM dumping

1) Click the Tools tab
2) Find out how large the game you want to dump is in hex (download the ROM online)
2.1) Right-click on the downloaded ROM and go to Properties

What did you mean by no. 2 and 2.1? Don't you use this to dump the VC game?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, sorry I'm asking so many questions lol. The part when you talk about ROM dumping

1) Click the Tools tab
2) Find out how large the game you want to dump is in hex (download the ROM online)
2.1) Right-click on the downloaded ROM and go to Properties

What did you mean by no. 2 and 2.1? Don't you use this to dump the VC game?
Yes lol. You already know how large the game is, right? You did the calculations. An alternative way is to go to the ROM properties (of one you download from the internet somewhere) and check it's file size. Then you know how big the ROM should be in the VC memory.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes lol. You already know how large the game is, right? You did the calculations. An alternative way is to go to the ROM properties (of one you download from the internet somewhere) and check it's file size. Then you know how big the ROM should be in the VC memory.

Oh, pfft, sorry, it's been a long day, thank you once again, man :P

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problemo. Look forward to seeing if there's anything interesting going on in there besides PCM, though I have a feeling @pedro702 is right about prob not finding anything too exciting. :\

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problemo. Look forward to seeing if there's anything interesting going on in there besides PCM, though I have a feeling @pedro702 is right about prob not finding anything too exciting. :\

Damn...*sigh* the thing is, I wanted to do something, anything, do help with the Wii U scene, you know? But if true, then...I really have done nothing useful, all these test results I've spent time on have been for nothing :(

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn...*sigh* the thing is, I wanted to do something, anything, do help with the Wii U scene, you know? But if true, then...I really have done nothing useful, all these test results I've spent time on have been for nothing :(
Useful to know there's nothing there :P haha. Sorry if it does end up being a waste. If you check the first couple and there's nothing, you can just scrap the plan.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Useful to know there's nothing there :P haha. Sorry if it does end up being a waste. If you check the first couple and there's nothing, you can just scrap the plan.
It's not your fault, man, it's my fault for having false expectations, I really thought I could see games like Star Fox or something work, you know? Either that, or I'm being too negative, I don't know, it's been a long day and I can't even think straight. But there has to be something, anything in the ROM, or emulator/wrapper that they use :P

I might need a break from all this Wii U hacking stuff for a day or too..my brain has blown up.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's not your fault, man, it's my fault for having false expectations, I really thought I could see games like Star Fox or something work, you know? Either that, or I'm being too negative, I don't know, it's been a long day and I can't even think straight. But there has to be something, anything in the ROM, or emulator/wrapper that they use :P

I might need a break from all this Wii U hacking stuff for a day or too..my brain has blown up.
but did you tryed what i said? get super mario rpg and replace its header with dream land 3 and inject it on dream land 3 does it work?

Reactions: fiveighteen

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Seen as though this FW spoofer is incoming, which is rather cool indeed, credits to Crediar. Does anyone know which are the best VC games to grab from eshop as templates, the ones that have more success rates with roms etc.. without waisting money buying the lot? I know vinscool has been testing N64 titles so he might know also Mathew of course, I feel that my Brain Training is very good as a template as a DS title and also what about nes/snes gba etc..? Its just about being sensible and not having to buy the lot of eshop for roms to work properly.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Seen as though this FW spoofer is incoming, which is rather cool indeed, credits to Crediar. Does anyone know which are the best VC games to grab from eshop as templates, the ones that have more success rates with roms etc.. without waisting money buying the lot? I know vinscool has been testing N64 titles so he might know also Mathew of course, I feel that my Brain Training is very good as a template as a DS title and also what about nes/snes gba etc..? Its just about being sensible and not having to buy the lot of eshop for roms to work properly.
I dunno, but I my end, I'm going to grab one of each console, so I could do more rechearch.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I dunno, but I my end, I'm going to grab one of each console, so I could do more rechearch.
I thought about it but I wanted to know the best one to grab cause I don't really want to grab every copy, just to test it seems a waste of money. I already have SM64 on account but I thought maybe another copy like DK64 or Zelda or something other, maybe they are a better template than SM64, I don't know myself yet. I'm going to grab a copy of each type of vc like N64, DS, NES, SNES, GBAetc..for sure.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I thought about it but I wanted to know the best one to grab cause I don't really want to grab every copy, just to test it seems a waste of money. I already have SM64 on account but I thought maybe another copy like DK64 or Zelda or something other, maybe they are a better template than SM64, I don't know myself yet. I'm going to grab a copy of each type of vc like N64, DS, NES, SNES, GBAetc..for sure.
files from sm64 and dk64 are the same. so it should work pretty much the same.

Reactions: Reecey

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

tbh there is only a few people who have been able to test them and only with the games they already had downloaded, generally it would *usually* be the most recently released VC games would have the best overall compatibility, but factoring in rom sizes etc you may be better off waiting a few days (after the spoofer is released...assuming it is :P ) and waiting to see the results from others so you can make the best choice

Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
tbh there is only a few people who have been able to test them and only with the games they already had downloaded, generally it would *usually* be the most recently released VC games would have the best overall compatibility, but factoring in rom sizes etc you may be better off waiting a few days (after the spoofer is released...assuming it is :P ) and waiting to see the results from others so you can make the best choice
I do agree with you. I did think maybe go for the newer VC releases on the individual consoles so say being DK64 was more later coming out on the platform then all the others for example then obviously go for that or maybe a newer one is available now I don't know, I haven't been on e-shop now for so long I have forgot what it is even like!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I do agree with you. I did think maybe go for the newer VC releases on the individual consoles so say being DK64 was more later coming out on the platform then all the others then obviously go for that or maybe a newer one is available now I don't know, I haven't been on e-shop now for so long I have forgot what it is even like!
yeah i think for N64/NDS just whatever is the latest one to be released would be the best bet, but for GBA/NES/SNES where you need to rely on rom injection methods rather than cafiine i would just wait and see

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but did you tryed what i said? get super mario rpg and replace its header with dream land 3 and inject it on dream land 3 does it work?
I like the idea. Since I could only get two other DSP-1 chips to work with my Super Mario Kart base, I'll try swapping headers to those and see if I can get Pilot Wings or something else working.

I feel that my Brain Training is very good as a template as a DS title and also what about nes/snes gba etc..?
Usually you would want the largest game so that you can inject the most into it, since that is the main limitation. Little is currently known about NES/GBA, and we (the_randomizer and I) are working on figuring out how to improve SNES compatibility.

Reactions: VinsCool and Reecey

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
I like the idea. Since I could only get two other DSP-1 chips to work with my Super Mario Kart base, I'll try swapping headers to those and see if I can get Pilot Wings or something else working.

Usually you would want the largest game so that you can inject the most into it, since that is the main limitation. Little is currently known about NES/GBA, and we (the_randomizer and I) are working on figuring out how to improve SNES compatibility.
I have only found one game so far that does not work for me with Brain Training and that was Dementium 2, shame I like that game as well :(

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not possible, I don't have Super Mario RPG downloaded, I'd have to get it from the eShop, and since I'm on 5.3.2, I'll have to use the firmware spoof method, whenever that's ready for release. Until that happens, I can't try that out. That being said, it shouldn't matter what SA-1 game I try so long as I swap ROM headers, like running SMRPG in Kirby's Dream Land 3, which I do have, along with Kirby's Super Star, also an SA-1 game.

I don't even think Super Mario RPG is on the Wii U, the Wii, yes, but Wii U?

Edit: Nope, it ain't on there *sigh* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_..._America)#Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol