Hacking WiiU Processor Speeds Revealed?

crono141

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I am no dev, nor do I have such in depth knowledge as anyone like marcan, bushing, crediar, sven, megazig, tuiedj, or anyone else great that I am forgetting, but it seems like N is comfortable with the approach that they have done for quite some time. I see that N realizes that there is always going to be some level of piracy that happens on their console and they accept it. Whereas Sony bitches and cries like a little pregnant douche bag and does whatever they can to fuck people over which hurts them way more in the long run.

Hell, I just met someone today who is a techie type of person, he had no clue that console modification even existed. His eyes lit up when I showed him Wiiflow and WiiMC on my Wii. He's soon to be another happy ModMii user. :D

My point to this is pleasing the general user with backwards compatibility for their console is a big plus, even if that means some of the flaws of the previous console leads to their current one being hacked. They are still making money, and lots of it. So if they have to spend less time and money in R&D using the previous generations base, but expanding upon it, it helps to cut costs in the area of hardware production and software development.

I only wish N made a way to allow homebrew while keeping the security of their console. Sony tried that with otherOS, but failed very hard. Auyo looks rather promising, and I know at least one dev that is looking forward to it. Hopefully GBAtemp will make an Auyo subforum.

Actually, OtherOS was really good at preventing piracy, except for the fact that they limited the access it had to the hardware. The removal of otherOS was in response to hackers trying to get full access to the PS3 under linux, which in itself would NOT have allowed gameOS piracy. Had sony just kept cool and let that go, we probably wouldn't have discless loaders now, but still plenty of homebrew. Sony is their own worst enemy.

Reactions: Maxternal

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would require them to not be financially reliant upon the software being sold.

Rydian brings up a good point, the main reason that homebrew is consistently cracked down on is because then the company that made the console gets no money. Their profits come from the software sold and homebrew software is generally free

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is in essence the reason for homebrew altogether. Anybody can write an App for windows (or preferably for a real operating system) without paying any licensing fees to the OS creators, or hardware manufacturers, but when a dev wants to play around with creating code for a console, you have pay large licensing fees. This is why I think Android is going to win. Any dev can create an app, run it on their devices, distribute the app package however they want to, and put it in the app store for free. The only money that goes to Google is a small percent of your sales revenue, so there is no (monetary) risk in creating an app, you only pay if you sell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.