Wondering About the Possibility of Minecraft on Nintendo Consoles (WiiU, 3DS)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by Dr.Hacknik, May 6, 2014.

1. Dr.Hacknik
    OP

Dr.Hacknik Maniac | Dev | Furry Lewd Cat Gril

Mar 26, 2014
    United States
    my lewd corner
    So your probably here because you thought that there would be a link or some proof that minecraft is on
    the, NINTENDO console. Well, your wrong, yep. So whats the point.....don't know? Well this is where we'll
    be discussing the "Minecraft On WiiU/3DS" thing.... Well let's get started shall we.

1st off, lets throw out some specs and compare them to the "Minecraft" Requirements!
    Yes, i got that from wikipedia so what. Well these specs are pretty good for a nintendo console, but still....A Game Cube processor, really nintendo...Ughh, well besides ranting on The WiiU Hardware, the wii u is pretty good, and including it has similar hardware to other PC's. Now this most likely means that it will work, but then on the other side of the Nintendo Dish, there's a small Portable console...Yes, the 3DS! Lets just get past him shall we....whoop! Random 3DS Specs:

Media​
    Physical and digital[show]
    Nintendo 3DS OS
    Power​
    CPU
    Dual-Core ARM11 MPCore, single-core ARM9
    Memory​
    128 MB FCRAM, 6 MB VRAM
    Storage​
    Included 2 GB SD card
    1 GB internal flash memory
    Cartridge save
    Display​
    Upper: 3.5" autostereoscopic (3D) LCD @ 800 × 240 px (400 × 240 WQVGA per eye)
    Lower: 3.0" resistive touchscreen LCD @ 320 × 240 (QVGA)
    Graphics​
    DMP PICA200 GPU[10][11]
    Sound​
    Stereo speakers, Microphone
    Camera​
    One user-facing and two forward-facing VGA cameras.
    Connectivity​
    2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, Infrared[12]
    Yes the font just changed.... But Lets see the specs above....hmmm, pathetic. So yes probably no minecraft on the 3DS.. Awww, you sad, well just look..Yes the 3DS is weak and most likely Mojang won't even get near that 3...DS!! Well lets say that.​
    Now the wiiU is powerful and Mojang has literately put thought into it, but then the WiiU Involves nintendo wich Mojang hates, Duh!​
    Im not saying that you NINTENDO fans are weird, just saying that Nintendo isn't going to get a chance.... So i recommend looking for a different discussion. But before you leave, say this: WiiU is awsome & the 3DS stinks like S***.... Yes i said it. Good Day My Fellow Chaps.​
    ***Peace Out***(Not Pieces)​
    Hahaha i Lied.. I ain't done yet!

So the wiiU is sick, but does this mean that Minecraft U Will exist....Most Likely in the future (2015-16)

Now ***Peace_Out***

2. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    i get what you're trying to do here, but... why with minecraft?

3. Dr.Hacknik
    OP

Mar 26, 2014
    United States
    my lewd corner
    Just think, your invitory on the gamepad or bottom screen (Multitasking!)

I wonder.... 3D Zombies, and blocks that look like there in your face.....Lame!

4. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    3ds May be weak but that does not mean it's gonna sell like that on the Wii u if it comes out. Also the ps vita might have better hardware but that does not mean people are gonna by it just for that sole purpose.
    I doubt it would come out for 3ds but for Wii u would be nice especially since one player could be on the tv while the other could be on the game pad, it's smart because you wouldn't have to share a single screen.
    P.s I like the 3ds it has a lot of good games but minecraft would not be as enjoyable with the button layout it has.

5. Dr.Hacknik
    OP

Mar 26, 2014
    United States
    my lewd corner
    Great point! WiiU is alot better!

6. BlackWizzard17

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    Plus compared to the Xbox 360 and ps3 it will have more ram to be utilized and better specs to handle more open wide areas. More opportunities can be possible for the Wii u but it all depends if they port it or not.

7. geoflcl

geoflcl Permanent GBAtemp Newbie

Jan 18, 2009
    United States
    That post was charming, but it was a nightmare, formatting-wise! Also, I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed with your click-bait thread title.

It's already been said that Minecraft on Nintendo consoles is kind of wishful thinking at this point. :P However, if it ever comes to be, I'll definitely be onboard!

Also, what's your beef with the 3DS? Mine smells just fine... ;)

master801 likes this.
  8. Zanoab

Zanoab GBAtemp Regular

Dec 4, 2009
    United States
    So you wanted a reason to bash Nintendo?

If not, you could've done better research and have known hardware specs isn't everything. For "Minecraft requirements", Minecraft is poorly programmed and Java sucks outside cross-platform purposes so comparisons to PC requirements is like trying to make apple juice from lemons.

9. Edgarska

Edgarska GBAtemp Fan

Oct 24, 2011
    United States
    Considering Smealum managed to get his version of minecraft running on the old DS (albeit a very limited version), I'd say yes, if Mojang really wanted to they could put Minecraft on 3DS and Wii U.

10. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    Are you underestimating Minecraft's potential on Vita?

Hahaha!

11. Dork

Dork Newbie

Good thread.

12. 2ndApex

2ndApex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    dafaq did i just reed

BortzANATOR and Kippykip like this.
  13. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    misleading title CHANGE IT

14. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    I find it hard to believe that anyone would own a Wii U/3DS and not another device with which they could play Minecraft.

15. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    The two games have nothing in common code-wise, he made it from the ground up.

16. BlackWizzard17

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    No, did not say that directly but it doesn't mean minecraft is gonna sell like the Xbox or ps3. It is a more capable system and I'm pretty sure minecraft could be excellent on there but compared to the install base on something such as a console or even on ios or android it would not be something you would get a vita just for. The 3ds while being less powerful if some how got minecraft I think it would be more open as it is a commonly known and selling system now a days but I still think the vita would do well. Don't get me wrong if I bought I Vita I would definitely buy this if I saw it in the stores.

17. Edgarska

Edgarska GBAtemp Fan

Oct 24, 2011
    United States
    I know that, making a game run using java in the DS would be impossible.
    That doesn't mean Mojang couldn't make a Minecraft version for 3DS/Wii U that doesn't run on java.

18. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    The only thing holding PC Minecraft back from running on Android is a decent Java VM... So I think the Wii U should be able to handle Minecraft better than the 360 for sure.

19. Walker D

Walker D I have a hat

Nov 15, 2009
    Brazil
    My home
    Wrong.
    Also thought that Notch could have something against Nintendo, after hearing about him commenting on Minecraft not going to Wii U... ..but seems like it's not the case, as his actual comment states

Doesn't means that Minecraft for Wii U is going to happen though ...but at least doesn't sound as a "never" situation

20. B4rtj4h

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    Meh... Wii U fanboy and 3DS hat0r? Did not see that combination before.
    Anyways. The Wii had a lot of processing power. 3D games were no problem at all... so Wii U + minecraft would be highly unlikely to not be able to run.
    Although 3DS... that is indeed a special kid in the classroom. But I believe it is possible. 3DS has a lot of hidden potential and it is the best console out there at the moment.
    Still... I wonder what is the point of this tread.