JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
It seems me and you are on the same page here. Don't know if you got it from me and my little rant a few topics down or if we both came to this conclusion on our own, but it's encouraging to see a user with some common sense and/or experience in the game development field to recognize patterns.
I wrote that two weeks ago as a draft, and then forgot to post it, lol. I'd say we reached common sense on our own. :)

JennaScvl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why is people so eager to hack it for free games/homebrew? Why have they been around for 30 years?

Sorry, I just had to stick my head in and stop lurking... Nintendo hasn't been around for 30 years. This year Nintendo is 124 years old. They started out making Hanafuda cards. Eventually got around to making billiards tables and western playing cards. They had a sizable line of childrens toys in the 50s, 60s and 70s. Basically they're older than Microsoft and Sony combined! Also, Mario's appearance is based on an old warehouse landlord from Seattle, he says he's still waiting for his royalty checks. Just thought I'd interject :)

Reactions: slingblade1170

Memfis

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Neimod and co. can ruin the commercial WiiKeys business if they release their own softmod hack. I hope they do

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I just had to stick my head in and stop lurking... Nintendo hasn't been around for 30 years. This year Nintendo is 124 years old. They started out making Hanafuda cards. Eventually got around to making billiards tables and western playing cards. They had a sizable line of childrens toys in the 50s, 60s and 70s. Basically they're older than Microsoft and Sony combined! Also, Mario's appearance is based on an old warehouse landlord from Seattle, he says he's still waiting for his royalty checks. Just thought I'd interject :)
Appreciate the history lesson lot of people don't know that but I mean Nintendo as a video game company and that was just an estimated amount also.

SolidSonicTH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, this sounds cool but ultimately it seems like it doesn't let you DO anything cool except run games from an HDD.

I'll admit, even if the primary function of said hack to most people is to do..."immoral" deeds, I like the option of being able to run homebrew software on the console all the same.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noo
You know, this sounds cool but ultimately it seems like it doesn't let you DO anything cool except run games from an HDD.

I'll admit, even if the primary function of said hack to most people is to do..."immoral" deeds, I like the option of being able to run homebrew software on the console all the same.
No home brew. F0f said too busy/lazy/bored to release. They want a donation bounty like to root phones? Maybe somebody who will release will come out and do it?

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are, just not much. But my point is it makes it harder to bounce back.
yup i get your point but honestly i think wii u is doomed with or without piracy... was excited about the wii u and nearly bought one .. i am glad i did not buy it ... unfortunately :( motion gimmick worked for wii but that tablet thing does not seem to work atm and it will not work (there's already ios and android for that)

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
yup i get your point but honestly i think wii u is doomed with or without piracy... was excited about the wii u and nearly bought one .. i am glad i did not buy it ... unfortunately :( motion gimmick worked for wii but that tablet thing does not seem to work atm and it will not work (there's already ios and android for that)
If it was by another company, you might say it's doomed, but not by Nintendo. They've already invested a lot of money in this, and they've got a lot more money to continue advertising and make their own games. What they can't afford is to have no console available for sale for the next 6 years (give or take).

I disagree with your belief that motion control is a gimmick. It's awesome. I can actually point at an enemy and shoot him (pulling a trigger if I use an attachment) instead of turning with two sticks, I can move my arm to move the players arm and swing a sword, I can tilt a wheel to control the direction of a car, and so on. It adds a whole new level of realistic gameplay.

Also, having a second screen on the Wii U is awesome, especially the offscreen gameplay. I look forward to using it as a scope too.

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it was by another company, you might say it's doomed, but not by Nintendo. They've already invested a lot of money in this, and they've got a lot more money to continue advertising and make their own games. What they can't afford is to have no console available for sale for the next 6 years (give or take).

I disagree with your belief that motion control is a gimmick. It's awesome. I can actually point at an enemy and shoot him (pulling a trigger if I use an attachment) instead of turning with two sticks, I can move my arm to move the players arm and swing a sword, I can tilt a wheel to control the direction of a car, and so on. It adds a whole new level of realistic gameplay.

Also, having a second screen on the Wii U is awesome, especially the offscreen gameplay. I look forward to using it as a scope too.

motion control is cool and fun for first 2 months but then it gets boring and i just prefer classic control (i am more of a pc gamer.. my xbox gamepad, keyboard and mouse is the best setup for a gamer imo) .... but wii is still cool and fun for party games and exercising games

nintendo is not untouchable.. they did have failures in the past like the gamecube.... i hope .. i really hope wii u gets better but i seriously doubt it... just like the ps vita by sony (i bought one :( ...), these 2 consoles are going to be failures unfortunately

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Piracy is not good progress. It leads to 3rd party devs not making any games for the Wii U.

Few people buy Nintendo for "3rd party". In fact, no one buys a Nintendo console for third party. Everyone wants the new Mario, Zelda, Metroid and Smash games. The rest is just complementary. I don't see any gamer buying a Wii U to play Batman AC or CoD.

The Wii had the best catalog (IMHO) this gen, and it was pirated a year from it's release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm