Wiiu hacked? yes please

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Subzero100, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Subzero100
    OP

Subzero100 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 5, 2012
    United States
    Hey good news for people that bought games like call of duty black ops 2, and found out activision lied about the dlc again. This is Nintendo's fault for making a new system with current gen tech, but i dont care as long as i get to try out stuff before i buy it :lol:.

2. julialy
    This message by julialy has been removed from public view by Densetsu, May 16, 2013, Reason: Useless post.
    Apr 30, 2013
  3. PrimeX

PrimeX GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2012
    Romania
    This is kinda sad. A hack will come for every system eventually, but for the Wii U is not beneficial at this point in time. I'll support Nintendo in any case.

g4jek8j54, n1ckn4m3 and bezem like this.
  4. synce

synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

Nov 5, 2009
    United States
    Just came here from gamespot, who's responsible and what's the device called? I'm seriously considering a WiiU now

Edit: Nvm saw the gaf thread

5. JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    BenRK and bezem like this.
  6. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    A lot of sh*t gets said about Nintendo now days but if Nintendo has such a bad system with out of date hardware then why every statement they make gets attention and commented on? why is people so eager to hack it for free games/homebrew? Why have they been around for 30 years? If its hacked then fine but I don't see myself hacking my Wii U like I did my Wii but I'm not sure how Nintendo has acquired this reputation that lots of gamers give them. I constantly see people complaining about Nintendo not making new games instead of Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong etc. but Nintendo is not the only one guilty of that. Don't get me wrong I love CoD, Halo, God of War, Gears of War, etc but they are released almost annually now. Seems as if its not just Nintendo but the entire game industry, and so what if there will no dlc on Blops2 for Wii U there is another CoD coming out this year and another next year, oh and guess what, another one the year after that! I love Nintendo and I see if you want to make 100 more Marios, Pikmin, Zelda then I say bring em on.

bezem likes this.
  7. ZeroLimits

ZeroLimits Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2011
    Canada
    Earth
    It's about time there's good progress coming along.

8. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Piracy is not good progress. It leads to 3rd party devs not making any games for the Wii U.

9. ZeroLimits

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2011
    Canada
    Earth
    That's right, but what I meant was the aspect of the WiiU itself being hacked; not being exposed to piracy.

10. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    This doesn't do anything except promote piracy. How is that in any way good progress?

tmv_josue likes this.
  11. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Because console power doesn't equal game fun. Fucking duh. :P

For the Wii, the Wii didn't get many of games because it was underpowered. They would run bad and look worse on the Wii. Even the games that did get ported to the Wii look worse, lack game modes, etc.

12. ZeroLimits

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2011
    Canada
    Earth
    If this modchip can grant access to playing games illegally, I'm sure other modchips can be created to do other things like unlocking region blocks, etc.

13. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Modchips just change the data being fed to the system. If the system won't run unsigned code or boot out-of-region games (and check+execute is in the same timeframe), then it doesn't matter how you feed it to the system, the system will reject it.

JoostinOnline likes this.
  14. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    That's not how a modchip works.

15. FearItSelf23

FearItSelf23 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    United States

Actually that is how modchips work. Practically every system was hardmodded before any software exploits started being found. Modchips usually lead to exploits being found in software. As people take WiiKey's documentation and reverse it we will see more competition with more features maybe even homebrew loading by finding a bug in the signing of games that allows non official nintendo software to be loaded through the drive emulation. As the collective data expends so do opportunities to better more efficient hacking methods.

You have to take the cons with the pros and while piracy is a con any extra information is good information.

Ray Lewis likes this.
  16. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    The Twilight Zone
    Without the common key, all it can do is run official software.

17. Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis Banned

Banned
    Dec 30, 2012
    United States
    I want to see/hear about dumped disc drive firmware. Also, the nand being read (eMMC actually). I want to say I was told eMMC is encrypted with AES+HMAC but am not sure.

18. ZeroLimits

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2011
    Canada
    Earth
    Modchips don't need a common key. Modchips work by overriding or replacing the systems (WiiU in this case) protected hardware or software using an exploit.

19. Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis Banned

Banned
    Dec 30, 2012
    United States
    Interesting to ask the maker of WiikeyU, to be honest. Lets see what they were able to get. If they were they able to get? Might it help homebrew?

ZeroLimits likes this.
  20. ZeroLimits

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2011
    Canada
    Earth
    Let the truth be revealed!

Ray Lewis likes this.
  21. JoostinOnline

Apr 2, 2011