Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol,
"We have official specs, unofficial specs, data from Intel, measured clock speeds from Marcan, and people who can even run multi-core code from inside vWii. The Wii U is a higher-clocked Wii with two more cores (and some additional L2 cache I presume, the category was not specified).

I've never been privileged enough to see what was running in this multi-core vWii mode, nore have I seen results based on something running in there. All I've seen is Maxternal trying to follow what Marcan shared. So we do have what Marcan stated, official specs, stuff like on neogaf and from Marcan about the hardware itself (like cuts to view the actual die itself for GPU). Marcan also stated he did not want to work on porting linux to vWii. So, if multi-core coding was done, good, lets see it. However, Marcan explained the hole and the view of the code (now Maxternal is working on a WORKING version we can all use). I believe Maxternal is the only person PUBLICALLY working on running multi-core. At a minimum, unless you can show Marcan said he used the 3 core stuff to test processor limits (or something within Wii U mode), then what he presented was a "Concept" for others to work on (getting the three cores to actually work).

I read what you wrote to mean people ARE running the multi-core code already. Great, so share with Maxternal so we can move on to the the linux port. Whatever is not understood about this now is on the reader. Rydian sent this in their post and I made sure to show the entire statement. Marcan and f0f can run whatever they want. Unless on IRC or some PM or something, I've never seen Marcan say he did, he said YOU CAN get 3 cores. So maybe change statement to "people are working on getting 3 cores running in vWii mode." Unless it is done already, we don't have that going. It is not a massive deal, life goes on, you are so critical or ideas/words people use/state.

Now, I am totally done with this. I did not know Intel did PPC stuff, I thought it was an IBM thing also;-) Did not even mention that part. I would be curious to see if Intel itself did produce specs as in they designed it, lol. Lets see that Rydian.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It publicly being known to be possible is what I said, and what he said.

What you are assuming is that just because it's known to be possible to do, is that the method to do it is known.

Which is not what I said. You, like the_randomizer and so many other people here, keep assuming that people say more than they are saying, because you like to assume that people will give you their work for free.

Stop it.

Scuba156

Trophies
XP
Country
Who the hell mentioned IBM or Intel?

What Marcan posted was not a concept, or pseudo code, it was a code snippet, it would of been tested, he would know its possible because he (or someone else) actually got 3 cores running. Getting that to happen in Linux takes a lot more effort and that is what some are doing now.

Your posts are always bat shit crazy.

Reactions: megazig

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, I was talking about what Rydian said, lordy lord lord. Even emphasized what was said by Rydian in HIS post. He said INTEL (read post), also it seemd like 3 core stuff was used already. Those are not far fetched points to gather from what I EMPHASIZED WITH NICE COLORED TEXT. He said "Data from Intel." Intel is a company, intel is short for intelligence. Processor is PPC and IBM, not Intel. None of this is batshit crazy. Rydian said I made stuff up, when I was speaking from his post. Questioned why, blah blah blah, so I quoted it, and emphasized it. This is not complicated, nor do I care about anything except for truth. If Marcan has it, good, so be it, see if others will develop some of it. Fine, then it makes sense. But do not quote something as fact when it is not publically shared. "We have...and...and multi-cores...."

Scuba156

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, I was talking about what Rydian said, lordy lord lord. Even emphasized what was said by Rydian in HIS post. He said INTEL (read post), also it seemd like 3 core stuff was used already. Those are not far fetched points to gather from what I EMPHASIZED WITH NICE COLORED TEXT. He said "Data from Intel." Intel is a company, intel is short for intelligence. Processor is PPC and IBM, not Intel. None of this is batshit crazy. Rydian said I made stuff up, when I was speaking from his post. Questioned why, blah blah blah, so I quoted it, and emphasized it. This is not complicated, nor do I care about anything except for truth. If Marcan has it, good, so be it, see if others will develop some of it. Fine, then it makes sense. But do not quote something as fact when it is not publically shared. "We have...and...and multi-cores...."
That's what I missed, the Intel wording. Rydian didn't say we have multi cores running, he said we have specs and clock speeds from Marcan, he mentioned that other people (Marcan etc) have 3 cores running. Just because something is not publicly shared (even though the 3 core code is now shared) does not mean that it isn't fact.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I missed, the Intel wording. Rydian didn't say we have multi cores running, he said we have specs and clock speeds from Marcan, he mentioned that other people (Marcan etc) have 3 cores running. Just because something is not publicly shared (even though the 3 core code is now shared) does not mean that it isn't fact.
True, makes sense, but anyone who can read should see what I heavily emphasized from Rydian's post. If Marcan said, "Yeah, even tested in this 3 core environment, using that code and something else we made to do it, here are the results per benchmark..." then maybe I would know. Thats cool, Rydian owned up to typing Intel. In context that I emphasized/colored/italicized/etc it is one running sentence talking about sources of the CPU capability. Documents are available, what Marcan said is available (public statements), but that last part (reading in context of idea) seemed like it was a fact.

Not mad, it keeps the day interesting, and as I observe that Rydian normally means what she says...of course I was wrong and misread it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo