PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
You're welcome, besides now WiiStation is my favorite PS1 emulator for Wii. 240p, lightgun support, Multitap, experimental mouse support, very great compatibility... ahhh

Try using BIN/CUE, or like @DominoBright said, use a CHD made without LZMA compression but with ZLIB/FLAC compression.

For real. I can say now it is trying to be "heavily" optimized for Wii.
The "new" PPC Dynarec, Lightrec, etc... ahhhh

Looks like Konami Justifier doesn't like HLE. As you said, better use official PS1 BIOS.

A small news: i'm trying hard to make every sublibrary/dependency to be compiled separately before compiling WiiStation, but only managed to compile it with latest LZMA 22.01 library, which Wii CAN NOT handle it well and many CHDs i tried crashed at multiple positions.
I'm trying to figure out how i can compile the old LZMA 19.00 correctly on Wii so it can be used with the less quantity of crashes possible.

About the other external libraries, including the new ZStandard compression, it's done.
Only remaining to make it compile is LZMA 19.00.

Stay tuned.
http://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/WiiStation/tree/lubchdr-update
What about LZMA 23.01?

Reactions: 0arsoluto

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Out of curiosity, what level of compression is "safe" for PBP?

From the tool PSX2PSP, I see from 0 (no difference, it seems) to 9, but I wonder if it will cause issues...

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

xunga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Welp i tested a few games with PBP, particularly Tomba and Bloody Roar 2 and i didnt have nay crashes, anybody has had them with PBP?
All my games, including the ones you mentioned, are in PBP at the default PSX2PSP compression which is the maximum level 9. PBP has worked for me since Wiistation supported the format a long time ago and I've been using it without problems ever since.

When the emulator incorporated the CHD compatibility I changed to this format, but at the end I noticed the lack of memory of the Wii in some games with random errors and performance problems that I didn't have before after a while of playing. So to avoid worries I went back to PBP and everything is fine again.

The only thing is that you can not combine several discs in a single PBP to make the automatic disc change, do the normal disc change for each disc. Otherwise it is a format that does not overload the console memory and allows you to save space.

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wanted to test again Colin Mc Rae PAL (SLES00477) both in CHD (without LZMA) and PBP compression 9 formats, on Wiistation 3.0.

But I encountered a problem: I launch the game, but the controller does not respond on the main menu (not even the Home button to go back to the Wiistation menu).:blink:

I can't select anything. Once the demo mode starts, the controller responds again (I can press any button to go back to the game menu). The controller also responds during the Codemasters logo intro and the intro custcene (I can skip them, or forward them with zL + zR + R)

I use a Wii Classic controller, which works on any other games (PAL or NTSC). I erased all settings files, saves, etc. and made a clean install of Wiistation. No way, I can't select anything on the game menu.

I tested both with "standard" and "analog" controller setting, "Automatic" and "Manual" assign, and even a Gamecube controller. No luck. Do not respond only on the game menu.

It was working on previous Wiisation versions (I can't say exactly which one -close to the one who added the CHD support-, as I didn't launch Colin Mc Rae for a long time. But it is the same CHD file which was working previously).

What's happening ? Is Wiistation 3.0 faulty?

EDIT: OK, I found the culprit. It's Lightrec. When I switch to Dynarec, the controller responds again on the game menu.
So, there's a regression here. I'm affirmative it was working fine with previous Lightrec versions.

Last edited by Ouaz,

ziky

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
I've read the recent posts about PBP being reliable to use for this, and it reminded me of how the 3DS ReARMed core had troubles with CHD in the beginning and that PBP was better to use back then too. Still, it made me want to try an uncompressed CHD to see if the format itself causes any crashes, but I tried Colin Mcrae and Crash Team Racing and neither had an error in my limited testing, though I did check again and saw that the tester of Colin used the PAL version (I went with NTSC-U). It could also be that those games work fine now, I'm not sure.

Is there a compressed CHD game that still crashes with the latest version? If so, has anyone tested with a CHD with no compression?
I mean, 3.0 is the latest version right, from a few weeks back? I didn't see any CHD fixes since then? In that version, compressed CHD causes reproducible crash screens in Gran Turismo 2. Basically its guaranteed to happen within the first 5-8 or so races. One or two races isn't enough, as the crash is a bit random, Can happen on the 3rd, 4th, 5th etc.

This also assumes LZMA compression is used (the default I believe?).

I played for hours using Bin/Cue without the crash happening.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I mean, 3.0 is the latest version right, from a few weeks back? I didn't see any CHD fixes since then? In that version, compressed CHD causes reproducible crash screens in Gran Turismo 2. Basically its guaranteed to happen within the first 5-8 or so races.

This also assumes LZMA is used (the default I believe?).

I played for hours using Bin/Cue without the crash happening.
CHD support is neat here but most CHDs made an you find on the Internet are LZMA compressed, which is too demanding for the Wii, which might explain the cause of those crashes.

Try making new CHDs only using ZLIB (deflate) compression, and if possible, combine it with FLAC for audio compression.

I'm trying hard to add ZStandard support now to WiiStation, but it might take some time.

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't know why but i'm having a lot of fun playing with Wiistation.

It's funny because i have a fat PS2 with an opl hdd attached on it but all my PS1 games are in the hdd conected in the Wii
wiistation has been my main ps1 emulator, it is much more stable and is very practical for me, as I can have nes, snes, master system, mega drive, atari, pc engine, GameCube and a lot of other things in one system

Joseito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Hello guys how are you all doing? Well this emulator is pretty nice,I'm having games I never dreamed of playing! And all work! Well I noticed that you guys are also working on the mame emulator so : when a Sega Saturn emulator?! Lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum