PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
idk why is the problem with people on the wii and flash drives, i guess theyre not all compatible,but i have 6 and all work
Same here.

I have 6 or 7 generic usb sticks (4Go only though) that works flawlessly with the Wii and any apps I use.

I guess it's just a hit or miss with USB sticks, that's why they have this bad reputation.

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you all for your swift support!

So I will be updating manually, out of love for WiiStation, so I do not have to wait for the next WiiFlow PlugIn MegaPack, I want to experience all the goodness ASAP, KEK.

I am just left with one question:

** Is the HomeBrew Browser version of WiiStation maintained at all? **

I reckon it might have more updates than the WiiFlow PlugIn MegaPack, simply because it is a single emulator to maintain, and way easier to update and curate, but I have no idea about how accurate, reliable, updated, or maintained HomeBre Browser is in general, let alone regarding WiiStation.

Thank you all for your great effort!

Reactions: SaulFabre

xunga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I use an original Wii of the first and usb pen drives work perfectly and take up less than an HDD without having to worry if you get enough power to the hard drive. Tested with many brands, always formatted to FAT32, both USB 3.0 and 2.0 and no errors in all these years.

The USB 3.0 256 GB have come down a lot in price over the years. I now use Verbatim brand and perfect.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I use an original Wii of the first and usb pen drives work perfectly and take up less than an HDD without having to worry if you get enough power to the hard drive. Tested with many brands, always formatted to FAT32, both USB 3.0 and 2.0 and no errors in all these years.

The USB 3.0 256 GB have come down a lot in price over the years. I now use Verbatim brand and perfect.
Haha, made me remember when a few months ago i bought an ADATA USB 2.0 Flash USB of 64 GB for only USD $10. Really worth it, cause i still own it.
Same with my another ADATA USB 2.0 64GB, which costed the same and i have used it for three years!

PS: New WiiStation build coming tomorrow.
Post automatically merged:

** Is the HomeBrew Browser version of WiiStation maintained at all? **
No. Because there's no new official release on GitHub yet.

Last edited by SaulFabre,

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Probably wishful thinking, but I'll give it a try anyway:
Will there be a possibility to make linking between 2 consoles available?
This would be awesome on 2 Wii U's (but I understand that the Wii has a bigger priority).
There are games that support this link cable, C&C Red Alert and C&C Red Alert Retaliation are games I can recommend using this option B-)
A full list can be found here on Wiki:
Playstation link cable games

ssjkakaroto

Trophies
XP
Country
So now we have to recompress our libraries to CHD using the new method?
No, but, on the Wii, CHDs using Zstandard will read faster and use less CPU/memory than the ones using LZMA.
Still, uncompressed bin+cue should be used when trying to debug any issues with the emulator.

popckorn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys!
I have a new question:
I got a new 256GB Kingston card, so I am wondering if I can move all my BIN/CUE games from the USB HDD to said MicroSD.
Do game run as well from either?
Should I stay on the USB?
I do not have to move them, but I have all my emulator ROMs in the microSD except for PSX, because I lacked the space, but I will keep the USB anyways, so I can go with any option, I would just move them to consolidate emulator ROMs in the microSD.

Thank you so much for your time and support, guys!
Much Love and Respect!
Mikhail

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys!
I have a new question:
I got a new 256GB Kingston card, so I am wondering if I can move all my BIN/CUE games from the USB HDD to said MicroSD.
Do game run as well from either?
Should I stay on the USB?
I do not have to move them, but I have all my emulator ROMs in the microSD except for PSX, because I lacked the space, but I will keep the USB anyways, so I can go with any option, I would just move them to consolidate emulator ROMs in the microSD.

Thank you so much for your time and support, guys!
Much Love and Respect!
Mikhail
I have my games on a microsd (with sd adapter) and they work at full speed, don't worry about that.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Sorry for the long, long delay -_-

Anyways, here's the new build of WiiStation compiled until git e23cc2c:
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/e23cc2c4d840a54bc947291e81c0ea0dc1073ccd

What's new:
  • Updated GNU Lightning and Lightrec as of February 2024
  • Merge the latest BIOS code (psxbios.c, others) of PCSX-ReARMed.
  • psxbios: some missed malloc merge behavior (notaz)
  • lightrec: implement clock cache clear on cycle_multiplier change (notaz)
  • Add PlayStation PCM decoding logic/code.
  • Improving of the PS1 XA audio decoding. Significantly reduced execution time.
Please test this new build, thanks for waiting :)

Attachments

• WiiStation_main_git_e23cc2c_04022024.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 9

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/e23cc2c4d840a54bc947291e81c0ea0dc1073ccd

What's new:
Excellent!

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country

What's new:

2D NTSC games seem to run smooth now, although I still notice some jittery FPS still on 3D NTSC games that run at 60fps - it's still a very nice improvement over the last build, very nice!

EDIT: Kula World/Roll Away/Kula Quest finally runs on lightrec too! It no longer crashes after the first level so this game can finally be played without using dynarec.

This is definitely the best build so far of Wiistation thus so far

Last edited by Disorarara,

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
2D NTSC games seem to run smooth now, although I still notice some jittery FPS still on 3D NTSC games that run at 60fps - it's still a very nice improvement over the last build, very nice!

EDIT: Kula World/Roll Away/Kula Quest finally runs on lightrec too! It no longer crashes after the first level so this game can finally be played without using dynarec.

This is definitely the best build so far of Wiistation thus so far
I think its time we call this Wiistation 2.5 or 2.6....................if not 3.0 once and for all :lol:

I think its time we call this Wiistation 2.5 or 2.6....................if not 3.0 once and for all :lol:
Ah crap, sorry to say but, tested SOTN, and now the scrolling in this and possibly other 2D games is choppy and stuttery, it wasnt like that in the last build

Last edited by MeXen,

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are old savestates working on this one? I don't mean very old ones, I was like one or two versions behind at most but they seem like they're incompatible with the latest one

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country

Ah crap, sorry to say but, tested SOTN, and now the scrolling in this and possibly other 2D games is choppy and stuttery, it wasnt like that in the last build

I've tried many 2D games and actually found them to be silky buttery smooth again, have you deleted your settings config before updating? There is still some games that don't run as smooth, mainly 3D games that run at 60fps but most games seem to be smooth.

EDIT: I just tried SOTN and it does indeed run smooth, as proved by 30hz strobing effects (flashing sprites) appearing correctly, I would highly recommend deleting all prior settings.cfgs and trying again.
Are old savestates working on this one? I don't mean very old ones, I was like one or two versions behind at most but they seem like they're incompatible with the latest one

Because lightrec is frequently getting updated I would just assume they don't work anymore if they were made on older iterations of lightrec. There's been countless changes and fixes.

Last edited by Disorarara,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny