GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Everyone can try this version. I'm not sure if the various features added by Jokippo are still correct.
I don't know how to test 240p and deflicker filters, etc.

I quickly tested this new update and realized that the dither, the way to advance the fps are active again, I haven't tested the lightgun or the mouse yet

Last edited by GustavoReis,

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've created directory wiisxrx/options manually, but that didn't help.
I think you mean "wiisxrx/settings" ?

The base settingsRX2022.cfg must be in root:/wiisxrx and the per game config files must be in root:/wiisxrx/settings, each named with the gameID (e.g. root:/wiisxrx/settings/SLUS00797.cfg , no "-" in the middle of the game ID).

I didn't test it yet though, so I can't say if it works (from Wiistation GUI or by manually adding it).

Also, before launching this new build, I think it is required to erase the previous settingsRX2022.cfg file, as mentionned previously by Saulfabre (as the changes from his last build has been merged):

PS: Before testing, PLEASE delete your old settingsRX2022.cfg file, as this could cause some issues.

Reactions: GustavoReis

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, my mistake. But I've created correct folder on HDD :)

I'll try to remove old settingsRX2022.cfg, but if I successfully saved my config to USB drive - I don't really think it could help.
IMG_20231127_134320.jpg

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
So... I'm impatiently waiting for new build :)

(yes, I'm too lazy to prepare envoriment for compiling it by myself - devKitPro on Linux is very picky)
i haven't done any activity on GBAtemp in the last weeks (cause i'm busy with my life and also i'm making an animation) but it's time for me to participate again in the forums.

If we're lucky, tomorrow i will compile the new builds of WiiStation for all.

Greetings to all!

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tested the new build 20231126. There are some problems:

- 240p does not work for me. Display stays at 480p, with more aliasing and uneven pixels and some parts of the image are a bit stretched . On previous builds, my TV switched to 480i when Wiistation was set to 240p, giving a cleaner image (and no stretch).

- Saving new savestates either freezes the Wii, or gives a crash dump (DSI error). Loading old savestates gives also a crash dump. If needed, I can post the crash report.

Note: I deleted the old config file before launching the new build.

Last edited by Ouaz,

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
- Saving new savestates either freezes the Wii, or gives a crash dump (DSI error). Loading old savestates gives also a crash dump. If needed, I can post the crash report.
I think it's related to the savestate handling code.
We'll need also to update the savestates (saving / loading) functions with the latest code from PCSX-ReARMed, but trying to do it by myself WILL BE SO MESSY and it could result in more crashes and i don't know a simplier way to do the work of merge all the latest code from it.
I will leave @xjsxjs197 to do the work for merge the latest code for save / load states.
Post automatically merged:

I will post the latest build i compiled today with latest GNU Lightning/Lightrec libraries.
Of latest WiiStation until git https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/c441e7780dff373632770047d90ff39ec8258a70

Please test it, greetings to all ;)

Attachments

• WiiStation_28112023.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
Last edited by SaulFabre,

braun_dandoni

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please test it, greetings to all ;)
I could not get 240p to work with the 28112023 build. I toggled the option, with and without interlaced toggled. Saved the config and restarted. No difference. The image was standard flickery 480i interlaced. Was running Mega Man 8. My Wii itself is configured properly and other apps render 240p as expected. Save state worked as expected with no issue. Did not test load state.

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try using the latest WiiSX 4.x builds too: http://github.com/emukidid/pcsxgc/actions

WiiSX is now 100% synced with latest PCSX-ReARMed, so you'll better try your games in this emu for see if in upstream also happen those issues mentioned.
I did test 4.1, everything is still the same. The jumping flash 1 FMVS dont have flashing in the bottom right corner, but thats the only thing that it fixes.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Latest WiiStation build until git https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/WiiStation/commit/0021dcc67f84b36a46359cbe03ffd95489e8eed1

What's new here:
  • (Finally) proper support for .SBI files. These files are required when you play games which are encrypted and/or protected with LibCrypt. If you try to load a LibCrypt game without its required .SBI file, the emulator will display "LibCrypt protected game with missing SBI".
  • Supposedly fixes menu/gameplay speed at Pro Pinball: Timeshock!, but i'm not 100% sure (mentioning @rexus_pl)
  • Fix savestates handling (loading / creating savestates)
  • Merge latest HLE BIOS emulation core from PCSX-ReARMed. Now most games can be run in HLE without problems. But beware, HLE is still in progress, and PS1 BIOS is still recommended.
  • Use latest Lightrec and GNU Lightning.
  • Improving the hack around ICache emulation on Lightrec (pcercuei). This fixes some crashes it happened before when trying to play Formula One Arcade (PAL).
  • Some other improvements in the PPC Dynarec.
Please test this build, thanks! :)

Attachments

• WiiStation_30112023.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 16

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yesterday I was busy, but today just after I've checked one compilation, there is new one :)

So:
[*]Supposedly fixes menu/gameplay speed at Pro Pinball: Timeshock!, but i'm not 100% sure (mentioning @rexus_pl)
Still too fast, on Lightrec and Dynarec.

Individual configs seems to work fine, I noticed one crash when loading game with individual config, but I can't reproduce this error.

Vib-Ribbon was broken (again) on yesterday's version, on tomorrow version works fine, but sounds horrible.

Worms Armageddon has cracky music on menu (everything is fine during game) - I'm not sure, but it sounded good some time ago.

[*]Merge latest HLE BIOS emulation core from PCSX-ReARMed. Now most games can be run in HLE without problems. But beware, HLE is still in progress, and PS1 BIOS is still recommended.
Is there any advantages of using HLE instead of PS1 BIOS? Any game work better?

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Vib-Ribbon was broken (again) on yesterday's version, on tomorrow version works fine, but sounds horrible.

Worms Armageddon has cracky music on menu (everything is fine during game) - I'm not sure, but it sounded good some time ago.
If possible, please report those issues on http://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/issues/ so @xjsxjs197 can look at these and try to fix them.

Is there any advantages of using HLE instead of PS1 BIOS? Any game work better?
Some games would work better with HLE, i don't know. I don't use much HLE as i use my BIOS files, but HLE is an option for those who can't get the BIOS files.

But as i said, it is still recommended to use PS1 BIOS instead of HLE, specially for games which store/load data from the PS1 Memory Cards.

Reactions: Disorarara

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Latest WiiStation build until git https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/WiiStation/commit/0021dcc67f84b36a46359cbe03ffd95489e8eed1

What's new here:
  • (Finally) proper support for .SBI files. These files are required when you play games which are encrypted and/or protected with LibCrypt. If you try to load a LibCrypt game without its required .SBI file, the emulator will display "LibCrypt protected game with missing SBI".
  • Supposedly fixes menu/gameplay speed at Pro Pinball: Timeshock!, but i'm not 100% sure (mentioning @rexus_pl)
  • Fix savestates handling (loading / creating savestates)
  • Merge latest HLE BIOS emulation core from PCSX-ReARMed. Now most games can be run in HLE without problems. But beware, HLE is still in progress, and PS1 BIOS is still recommended.
  • Use latest Lightrec and GNU Lightning.
  • Improving the hack around ICache emulation on Lightrec (pcercuei). This fixes some crashes it happened before when trying to play Formula One Arcade (PAL).
  • Some other improvements in the PPC Dynarec.
Please test this build, thanks! :)

What exactly is this "separately" option that's under the save settings options? That wasn't there before.

Anyways, this update fixes this is football 2 on wiistation, F1 2000 code dumps upon loading a race, roll away still code dumps after passing the first level. I wish the force NTSC option were merged into the main branch since it worked so well!

EDIT: Interlacing doesn't seem to work anymore either.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
What exactly is this "separately" option that's under the save settings options? That wasn't there before.

Anyways, this update fixes this is football 2 on wiistation, F1 2000 code dumps upon loading a race, roll away still code dumps after passing the first level. I wish the force NTSC option were merged into the main branch since it worked so well!

EDIT: Interlacing doesn't seem to work anymore either.
The "Separately" option is for save custom settings for a specific game.
This is so useful when you play games with different settings, for example:
- EA Sports F1 2000 - PPC Dynarec, no Dithering, only MemCard 1
- Silent Hill - Lightrec, Always Dithering, Standard controller
- Tekken 3 - Lightrec, Interlaced on, no Dithering, Analog controller

When you're running a game, and you click for save your custom settings for that game in "Separately", the emulator will make a custom settings file that will be loaded everytime you start the game, different from global settingsRX2022.cfg.
The custom settings for each game will be saved on device_root:/wiisxrx/settings/

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
The "Separately" option is for save custom settings for a specific game.
This is so useful when you play games with different settings, for example:
- EA Sports F1 2000 - PPC Dynarec, no Dithering, only MemCard 1
- Silent Hill - Lightrec, Always Dithering, Standard controller
- Tekken 3 - Lightrec, Interlaced on, no Dithering, Analog controller

When you're running a game, and you click for save your custom settings for that game in "Separately", the emulator will make a custom settings file that will be loaded everytime you start the game, different from global settingsRX2022.cfg.
The custom settings for each game will be saved on device_root:/wiisxrx/settings/

That's awesome! and this would work even if loaded from wiiflow correct?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo