SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
It is a bit counter intuitive, but you have to set the Auto Load Slot setting to the Slot you want, then go back to the General settings section and save your config to SD or USB.

I have been using WiiStation 2.4 this whole time so I can't compare it to previous git releases, but Crash Team Racing [USA] (CTR) and Gran Turismo [Europe] (GT) are not working anymore with the git release. They boot, but don't work properly. I have both games in CHD format, and have tried booting with and without the BIOS (both real BIOS and HLE BIOS) as well as Lightrec and Dynarec CPU Cores.
CTR boots, the music can be heard, but the video is corrupted (the image is not centered, it's frozen on the startup screen and it starts flickering after a few seconds).
GT boots, everything loads perfectly fine. I then select Arcade Mode, single race, choose a car and when the race is about to finish loading, the whole emulator crashes (DSI Exception).
Both games work with no problems using WiiStation 2.4 and WiiSX 4.1.
CHD is known to cause console crashes as the Wii is not powerful enough to uncompress big amounts of data at the same time, moreover of LZMA.

Try booting them from BIN/CUE files.

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It is a bit counter intuitive, but you have to set the Auto Load Slot setting to the Slot you want, then go back to the General settings section and save your config to SD or USB.

I have been using WiiStation 2.4 this whole time so I can't compare it to previous git releases, but Crash Team Racing [USA] (CTR) and Gran Turismo [Europe] (GT) are not working anymore with the git release. They boot, but don't work properly. I have both games in CHD format, and have tried booting with and without the BIOS (both real BIOS and HLE BIOS) as well as Lightrec and Dynarec CPU Cores.
CTR boots, the music can be heard, but the video is corrupted (the image is not centered, it's frozen on the startup screen and it starts flickering after a few seconds).
GT boots, everything loads perfectly fine. I then select Arcade Mode, single race, choose a car and when the race is about to finish loading, the whole emulator crashes (DSI Exception).
Try going back to CUE/BIN, its been demonstrated CHD is still not feasable

Reactions: SaulFabre

ukigh4ie2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Has anyone successfully loaded .SBI files yet? How do these have to be named if you use .CUE/.BIN files otherwise?

I'm trying with SLES02967 and the .SBI files from redump.org and the game won't start. Is there perhaps a debug mode and log files?

CheeseBurgerwithLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone successfully loaded .SBI files yet? How do these have to be named if you use .CUE/.BIN files otherwise?

I'm trying with SLES02967 and the .SBI files from redump.org and the game won't start. Is there perhaps a debug mode and log files?
You have to name the SBI files exactly as you have the bin/cue named.

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tested build 06122023:

- 240p is working again! \o/

- Regression: Display of CG cutscenes in Ridge Racer 4 NTSC (SLUS00797) is broken (intro CG and closing CG).
It plays, but the left part of the cutscene is "duplicated 6 times", like there was a mirror reflecting multiple times the right part of the video ^^ (hard to explain in english). These cutscenes were playing correctly in the previous build (30112023).

Yes, but it saves it only to global settings (I suppose Auto Load Slot setting is loaded only one time when launching Wiistation).
What I want to achieve, is using the Auto Load Slot in separated settings.

In settingsRX2022.cfg :
LoadButtonSlot = 4 -> Default
ControllerType = 1 -> analog

In SLUS0077.cfg (Doom USA):
LoadButtonSlot = 0 -> Auto Load Slot 1
ControllerType = 0 -> standard

With this setting, Doom is launched with the standard controller enabled (good) but NOT with the Slot 1 button mapping (bad, although it is displayed in the UI). It uses the defaut one (the one set in the global settings) .

To correctly auto-load the Slot1 button mapping, it has to be saved in settingsRX2022.cfg, which I don't want, because I use this controller & button mapping (standard + slot 1) only for Doom.

So, an humble request to xjsxjs197:
- Could it be possible to make the separated settings load a different Button Mapping than the one set in the global settings?
Thank you.^^

Last edited by Ouaz,

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
CHD is known to cause console crashes as the Wii is not powerful enough to uncompress big amounts of data at the same time, moreover of LZMA.

Could you introduce the option to force nstc for PAL games? It's just that in this version Dino Crisis 2 works

ukigh4ie2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
To correctly auto-load the Slot1 button mapping, it has to be saved in settingsRX2022.cfg, which I don't want, because I use this controller & button mapping (standard + slot 1) only for Doom.
i think i found the cause.

WiiStation first loads the custom game settings (from /wiisxrx/settings/GAMEID.cfg), then loads the global settings (from /wiisxrx/settingsRX2022.cfg).
This is kinda weird cause most emulators and loaders (such USB Loader GX), first they load the global settings and then loads the custom settings for the game chosen, and it works perfectly fine.
I could try changing the order of the settings file loading for avoid problems.

1702392481292.png

The CTR issue is heredated from PCSX-ReARMed itself, so i reported it here:
https://github.com/libretro/pcsx_rearmed/issues/809

Not sure about the GT one, i'll try.

EDIT: Tested Gran Turismo (USA), and i'm having the exact same issue.
Interestly, it is ALSO heredated from PCSX-ReARMed, but notaz fixed it just a few days ago.
I made the PR for add said fix: https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/pull/172
Post automatically merged:

@Sonico98 @Ouaz

Could you try this new build i will post here?

I changed the order for load the settings.
First, it will load the global settings (settingsRX2022.cfg), then it will load the custom settings for the game you want.

About the game issues, sadly it doesn't fix CTR - Crash Team Racing, however it fixes the issues that was present in Gran Turismo.

I've also integrated the software plugin texture handling on GX with the latest code from PCSXGC (WiiSX), and made it support screen position, since some games uses said feature.

It also integrates the feature of adjusting the Wii U aspect ratio via the DMCU internal hardware (only if booted on Wii U).

Please test it, thanks. ;)

Attachments

• WiiStation_GPU-Settings-TexHand-AspRat-fix.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Last edited by SaulFabre,

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is kinda weird cause most emulators and loaders (such USB Loader GX), first they load the global settings and then loads the custom settings for the game chosen, and it works perfectly fine.
As I understand the code, it is very simple feature that just loads whole config file for chosen game - which is basically same as global settings. USB Loader GX does it more complex: there are settings specific to emulator (eg. related to GUI), settings specific to game set globally and differences for each game.

As result, you can set every game-related option to specific vaule, or "use global". In this case, emulator should write to game-specific file only options set to fixed value (not "global") - and more, there should be two settings screens (global and game-specific - first one with all settings that can't be changed while loading game, and second, where every option can be set to "use global"). Pretty complicated :) and in most cases simple thing we have at this moment will be enough.

Sonico98

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Try going back to CUE/BIN, its been demonstrated CHD is still not feasable
I've not had any problems with CHD so far, and both games were already working perfectly in previous versions of WiiStation + they work correctly on WiiSX 4.1 (also in CHD format). If I do ever run into problems due to CHD, sure, I'll go back to bin + cue. Thanks for the info!
Could you try this new build i will post here?

I changed the order for load the settings.
First, it will load the global settings (settingsRX2022.cfg), then it will load the custom settings for the game you want.

About the game issues, sadly it doesn't fix CTR - Crash Team Racing, however it fixes the issues that was present in Gran Turismo.

I've also integrated the software plugin texture handling on GX with the latest code from PCSXGC (WiiSX), and made it support screen position, since some games uses said feature.

It also integrates the feature of adjusting the Wii U aspect ratio via the DMCU internal hardware (only if booted on Wii U).

Please test it, thanks. ;)
Did a quick test, and now Gran Turismo works fine! Also per-game settings work fine now as well, I've set Gran Turismo to auto-load Slot 3 instead of Slot 1 (which is my global config) and the setting gets respected. Thank you and xjsxjs197 for your work!
And as you said, sadly CTR - Crash Team Racing still doesn't work.
I don't have a Wii U so I can't test the aspect ratio thingy.

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Also per-game settings work fine now as well, I've set Gran Turismo to auto-load Slot 3 instead of Slot 1 (which is my global config) and the setting gets respected.

Nice!
I was going to test it tonight, glad it works! (I'll check anyway :ninja:)

Thanks Saulfabre for the fix.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Driver 2 and ridge racer type 4 have problems in intro movies

View attachment 408622

View attachment 408623
It seems the addition of the basic GPU timing task broke also videos (FMVs) on some games.

But btw, the GPU timing is still experimental and is a work in progress (WIP). The authors of PCSX-ReARMed are working for improve that.
Post automatically merged:

Question: is it just me, or Frame Skip isn't working anymore??
Cause i tested Gran Turismo and seems Frame Skip isn't working anymore :P
Anyone having this same issue like me?

Last edited by SaulFabre,

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Also per-game settings work fine now as well, I've set Gran Turismo to auto-load Slot 3 instead of Slot 1 (which is my global config) and the setting gets respected
In-game too?
I tested it, and it's the same behaviour than the previous build.

When loading an ISO with separated settings, the UI shows that auto-load slot is correctly updated to e.g. Slot 1, but going into Input > Button config, the mapping is still the default one (so, when starting the game, it uses the default button mapping, even if the auto-load slot has been set to another one by the separated settings)

Well, that's not a big deal, it's just a matter of a few more clicks, and loading manually the Slot 1 in Input > Button config, to update the mapping.

If it's too much a hassle to fix that, let it go. ^^

xunga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The swap cd function does not work in the latest version with sbi support. For example, if you try to load disk 2 and start a new game the game will ask you for disk 1, it seems to do the disk swap but when you press resume game the emulator closes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sixteenth
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Also it was literally out of a kilo when I got it off the boat so absolutely pure
    Holy shiz that's a lot
    +1
    I was getting 3.5 Grams for 320 could have stepped on it and doubled my money easy lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd be afraid to it nowdays, my heart would explode prob. I just stick beers n buds nowdays.
    I would get to drive from tarpon springs to like Miami a thousand bucks lol do that twice a week and back in 92 that was good money
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    @Psionic Roshambo what are you guys talking about?
    Blew it on women and muscle cars lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty Hamster food, its pricey nowadays to keep PCs running.
    +2
    I don't do anything except cigarettes and gotta stop eventually lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd do shrooms again if could find, and I was outside camping/fishing, and had a cooler full of beer.
    +1
    I wouldn't mind some LSD, laughing until my face hurt sounds fun lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ever try soaper powder/qauludes? I did once and like a dumbass drank beer on top of taking, I woke up laying in my backyard in the pouring rain, it knocked me out. I have not seen it around in many many years.
    +1
    No never tried a lot of things but never that lol
    I did pass out one time on a floor after taking a bunch of Ambien lol thought it would help me sleep and did it lol
    Girlfriend was working at a pharmacy and stole like 500 of them, was and still is the biggest pill bottle I have ever seen lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ativan is pretty legit
    +1
    The last time I had to take something to help me sleep, I was prescribed Trazadone it was pretty OK to be honest.
    Not something I need at all these days, doing a lot better lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That Nuka Cola video with old ice grinder is cool, I want one.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, ANSWER HIS DAMN QUESTION
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm good, how r u, sorry playing Starfield, n have tablet by me on chat, but was exploring a planet
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm good, how r u, sorry playing Starfield, n have tablet by me on chat, but was exploring a planet