PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you.

What are the emulator options to make the games look the best on an LCD through component?
240p enabled and everything else disabled (bilinear filtering is automatically disabled in 240p).

If your TV is not compatible, disable 240p and bilinear filtering (but there will be some uneven pixels / small stretch of the image).

For dithering, keep it on "default" or set it to "None" if you want absoluty no dithering on light/transparency/shading GFX (but you'll have color banding instead).

Last edited by Ouaz,

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Little Big Adventure works very well, but unfortunately there is no 2 for PS1, which would be ideal to port both games to Wii (since both are open source)

cereal_killer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador

Shoogo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I noticed that in NFS High Stakes during races, the music starts to jam and sometimes the samples in the menu can loop for the first 10 seconds, the savestates load with an error in which the text in the menu disappears or the graphics start to glitch.

Jokippo Wiistation_Ver2.4 with 240p v17

Kirby6417

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note about CHD compression:

CHD uses 3 compression techniques: cdlz (CD LZMA), cdzl (CD Deflate), and cdfl (CD FLAC).
There's been some discussion in this thread about LZMA, which may be too intensive for the Wii to decompress on the fly. But there have also been reports of CHD working fine for people, and nobody has done exhaustive testing for every game with every compression format, so it is hard to know if LZMA is worth the space it saves or if it is just going to make the emulator crash too much.

Here is the good news: It barely adds any extra compression to your files anyway.
My PS1 collection (.bin + .cue) uncompressed: 400 GB
My PS1 collection (.chd) using LZMA compression: 225 GB
My PS1 collection (.chd) WITHOUT LZMA compression: 229 GB

See? It is almost the same either way. As long as you use cdzl and cdfl when you convert your collection to CHD, you will still get major space savings and you won't have to burden your Wii with LZMA. I'll be playing my non-LZMA collection on my Wii from now on, and I will keep my .bin+.cue collection just in case.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Kirby6417
Thanks a lot for your tests, very interesting!! Does CHDMAN uses LZMA by default when you use it or not? How to avoid LZMA if used by default? Is it possible to have a version that doesn't use it by default?

Reactions: SaulFabre

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As @SaulFabre wrote:
Code:
chdman createcd -i "Youe Cue File.cue" -o output.chd --compression cdzl,cdfl

I personally haven't noticed any problems with CHD without LZMA - if game crashes, then in most ways changing recompiler from Lightrec to Dynarec does the trick.

Reactions: SaulFabre

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France

@rexus_pl "I personally haven't noticed any problems with CHD without LZMA"

Of course, as kirby said the problem might occured with LZMA, so you just confirmed what Kirby6417 said about the bug he discovered, so he is right. Now the thing is, why isn't the no LZMA by default? so a CHDMAN version that takes no lzma by default should be made and the author advised, no?

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Now the thing is, why isn't the no LZMA by default? so a CHDMAN version that takes no lzma by default should be made and the author advised, no?
I don't get your point. CHDMAN allows creating files with or without LZMA - whatever you want. Why it creates files with LZMA by default - you should ask author.

And I'm not telling that CHD support is perfectly fine when you disable LZMA - some people here reported problems. I'm just telling that my problems were solved by changing recompiler. Also I don't get statement that CHD (with or without LZMA) is too slow on Wii and can cause crashes - if so, then using SD card or cheap USB sticks would cause crashes too. The only bad thing that could be caused by limited performance is slowdown for a moment. Of course I could be wrong :)

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
The only real issue is that it hasn't been conclusively proven LZMA actually crashes wiistation or causes slowdown. It has been proven that just using CHDs period can cause crashes over bin/cue which can be caused by a number of reasons and nobody's done testing on a game known to crash on CHD if LZMA compression was actually the cause of it. As far as I'm aware LZMA doesn't factor into emulator instability unless proven otherwise

Reactions: Kirby6417

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: wut