Brazil
xjs is working on force ntsc

IMG_20231219_203821.jpg

grandosegood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey all, i'm trying to add multitap support to the metal.xml for nba hangtime. any idea what arguments to use? player one would be multi tap, with analog controllers set on wii pad for players 1 to 4. thanks.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Early Christmas present ;)

Latest build of WiiStation until git 7faa819
https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/7faa8192180ecba917059f9981aeaff29470d465

What's new:
  • Some modifications related to SBI detection. Now all SBI files should be read adequately now (ex. on Final Fantasy IX - German version).
  • Fix Frame Skip option not working.
  • Add the missing change from @Jokippo "Force NTSC". This allows us to force the NTSC video in PAL games, specially for poorly-PAL-optimized games (such Tekken 3 PAL, Magical Tetris Challenge PAL, etc.)
  • Rework the GPU DMA vs busy timing (courtesy of notaz from PCSX-ReARMed). This fixes the several graphical issues in CTR - Crash Team Racing, and seems to not affect many games, but notaz states that should be tested with more PS1 games.
  • Add a small fix from WiiSX for stop the HOME button to crash the system in some cases (courtesy of @emu_kidid from WiiSX).
Please test this build, thank you! :D

and merry Christmas to everyone. :)

Attachments

• WiiStation_main_git_7faa819_23122023.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 12

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/commit/7faa8192180ecba917059f9981aeaff29470d465

What's new:
  • Some modifications related to SBI detection. Now all SBI files should be read adequately now (ex. on Final Fantasy IX - German version).
  • Add the missing change from @Jokippo "Force NTSC". This allows us to force the NTSC video in PAL games, specially for poorly-PAL-optimized games (such Tekken 3 PAL, Magical Tetris Challenge PAL, etc.)
  • Rework the GPU DMA vs busy timing (courtesy of notaz from PCSX-ReARMed). This fixes the several graphical issues in CTR - Crash Team Racing, and seems to not affect many games, but notaz states that should be tested with more PS1 games.
  • Add a small fix from WiiSX for stop the HOME button to crash the system in some cases (courtesy of @emu_kidid from WiiSX).

thank's bro

Reactions: SaulFabre

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Very unstable build - this is the first time I'm reverting back to previous one. It can crash during loading new game.

What "Frame Skip" option exactly does? I was convinced that it allows emulator to skip some frames when it can't render it at a time, making games work at proper speed (without this option game would be slower that it should). On this version enabling "Frame Skip" makes games that worked at full speed (Moto Racer, Croc, Tomb Raider II) dropping some frames without speed gain (well... because they are working at full speed without frame skip).

Should be this option enabled ONLY for games that can't run at full speed and disabled by default?

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Very unstable build - this is the first time I'm reverting back to previous one. It can crash during loading new game.

What "Frame Skip" option exactly does? I was convinced that it allows emulator to skip some frames when it can't render it at a time, making games work at proper speed (without this option game would be slower that it should). On this version enabling "Frame Skip" makes games that worked at full speed (Moto Racer, Croc, Tomb Raider II) dropping some frames without speed gain (well... because they are working at full speed without frame skip).

Should be this option enabled ONLY for games that can't run at full speed and disabled by default?
Maybe yes...

Did you deleted your old config first?

GustavoReis

GameCube and wii lover
Trophies
Website
mundowiihack.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I tested the new build, I didn't get any freezes so far on game switches, I deleted the old settings.
I can even say that I've never seen the Wiistation run games as smoothly and with high fps as it does now, congratulations on all the hard work. @xjsxjs197
This emulator is amazing

Edit: driver 2 and crash team racing works 100% now

Last edited by GustavoReis,

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
this is football 2 broken again, but everything else is fixed it seems! definitely the current best build of wiistation I say

force NTSC seems to vertically stretch and offset the image

Kirby6417

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is football 2 broken again, but everything else is fixed it seems! definitely the current best build of wiistation I say

force NTSC seems to vertically stretch and offset the image

I tried Little Big Adventure (PAL) and had the same problem. Force NTSC On = bottom of screen is cut off (like 10% of the gameplay area). Force NTSC Off = the top of the screen was cut off.
I tried the latest release of WiiSX (4.1) and the screen displayed perfectly (I think). It was running at 50 FPS which I think is what I want for that game anyway? So for now, I'll play that in WiiSX.

Also had a few crashes (returned to Homebrew Channel) when loading a CHD after another game had already been loaded (it didn't matter if the first game was CHD or bin/cue). But I can't recreate the problem now -- it might have something to do with Boot Through Bios. It crashed when that was off, doesn't crash now with it on. IDK.

rexus_pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Did you deleted your old config first?
Well, if it is really needed... then every individual config should be deleted too.

It is possible, that emulator crashed while reading config. That was short test, and - as I don't use "Force NTSC" option and probably don't understand "Frame Skip" option - after pretty bad impression I've decided to revert back to version that worked for me.

Both are kind of "nightly" version, so random problems just could happen :)

Can anyone explain me what exactly "Frame Skip" option does?

xunga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This last uploaded version I have not tested, but talking about the Force NTSC function, I can say that the version released by @Jokippo works very well and does not give errors. Right now is the one I'm using.

I have tried all Final Fantasy, In cold blood, Alone in the Dark The new nightmare, Metal Gear, Oddworld 1 and 2, Syphon Filter 1 and 2, Breath of Fire 3, Colony Wars 1 and 2, Dino Crisis 1 and 2 (this last one is cut in the videos in Jokippo's version but otherwise the game works fine), Disney's Hercules, Driver 1 and 2, Exhumed, Heart of Darkness, Hogs of War, KKND Krossfire, Klonoa, Kurushi Final, Medievil, Muppet Monster Adventure, Rising Zan, Silent Bomber, Suikoden 1 and 2, Team Buddies, Tenchu 2, Terracon, Tomb Raider The Last Revelation, Vagrant Story, Wild Arms, WipEout 3 Special Edition. I'm sure I'm forgetting some more.

The only one that runs a little faster than normal is Alundra, but it's so little that if a person hasn't tried the original version he won't even notice it.

When I can I will try this version, that if it does not give errors it looks like the definitive one or almost (SBI, force ntsc, fast forward...). What a marvel.

In the last version published by @xjsxjs197 the Swap disc function did not work with any game (and yes, I always delete my configuration file with each new update to avoid errors) is this already fixed?

Last edited by xunga,

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

What's new:

In this version the screen is cut off, however more games work

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
In this version the screen is cut off, however more games work
it also happens on latest PCSX-ReARMed as well.

In the last version published by @xjsxjs197 the Swap disc function did not work with any game (and yes, I always delete my configuration file with each new update to avoid errors) is this already fixed?
sadly no, i just tested it and it seems the disc swap is broken again?
anyways, i reported it here https://github.com/xjsxjs197/WiiSXRX_2022/issues/179

this is football 2 broken again
this issue also happens from PCSX-ReARMed too, so i reported it here https://github.com/libretro/pcsx_rearmed/issues/812

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: wut