PS1/2 Emulator WiiStation - Another Fork of WiiSXRX released

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There's a (easy) trick to edit the file directly in a browser (as your file is not protected), but it's better to keep it like that, otherwise someone with bad intents could ruin your file (not here on gbatemp, obviously).

Whatever, I added Ridge Racer 4 (US) and Magical Tetris Challenge (PAL), two games I tested a lot on Wiistation (including v8).

Hey, thank you for the report update and helping me out, everyone else who has test reports feel free to add to this list, (no i have no intentions of doing the gbatemp list edit, the other one linked before.)
Post automatically merged:

maybe it's the translation of the game, since I downloaded it with the translation applied
I assume you got it from CDromance or similar places, not a very good idea.

Reactions: Amuro-san

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey, thank you for the report update and helping me out, everyone else who has test reports feel free to add to this list, (no i have no intentions of doing the gbatemp list edit, the other one linked before.)

I've been downloading PSX translations from CDRomance and they work pretty fine in WIISXRX 4.0 Preview.

Which is not the project this thread is from :creep:

Amuro-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

it wasn't on CDromance, it was on the Roms en Español, I suppose it's the same, so I'll get it from the Internet Archive

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
higly doubt it will be as good as current wiistation build, lightrec is what makes the difference (and maybe renaming the PSP Bios, wink wink)
The PCSX-ReARMed official Wii core for RA Wii is still unfinished, the current maintainers are trying also to add Lightrec to the GC/Wii versions of that core in future updates.

RedTony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Can't wait to try the new release!
Saúl, xjsxjs197, do you plan to eventually upload it to the Open Shop Channel (Homebrew Browser)?

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
it wasn't on CDromance, it was on the Roms en Español, I suppose it's the same, so I'll get it from the Internet Archive
that's where you pretty much you should get your stuff anyways.

RetroArch-Wii?

The same RetroArch that can't handle Virtual Boy has a new PSX core? :wtf:
Has a picodrive core and yet it doesnt run 32x well yet.....

Last edited by MeXen,
Reactions: SaulFabre

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Core is on the Retroarch Buildbot

that's where you pretty much you should get your stuff anyways.

Has a picodrive core and yet it doesnt run 32x well yet.....
Really? the Picodrive core had Dynarec support added ages ago?

Heres a vid of the pcsxrearmed core running!
excuse the double audio that's my pants capture card. :/

Last edited by ploggy,

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

lol now theres ANOTHER way to play psx on the wii lol, so confusing. It looks like its running pretty good for its first release. Needs some speed improvements though. Very cool.

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is incredible stuff! Can you confirm if games that don't work on the current lightrec builds of WiiSX/Wiistation work on this core like Tetris with Cardcaptor Sakura or Kula World?
Its been said the RA core doesnt use lightrec so i HUGLY doubt it, it only worked on pre-september builds.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Its been said the RA core doesnt use lightrec so i HUGLY doubt it, it only worked on pre-september builds.

It does use lightrec, and the PCSX-rearmed codebase and the codebase of WiiSX/Wiistation are different, I'm pretty sure, despite both being spawned from the same codebase. WiiSX comes from a much, much earlier codebase of PCSX-r

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It does use lightrec, and the PCSX-rearmed codebase and the codebase of WiiSX/Wiistation are different, I'm pretty sure, despite both being spawned from the same codebase. WiiSX comes from a much, much earlier codebase of PCSX-r
I was referring to the fact that in that video preview, games run very slower.

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
I was referring to the fact that in that video preview, games run very slower.
That's PCSX rearmed on Wii with the lightrec dynarec enabled, it runs slower because it probably it's incorporating a different software graphics renderer. WiiSXRX lightrec and earlier versions of Wiistation lightrec similarly ran slower because they didn't incorporate extrem's more optimized graphics renderer. Not enough credit is given is to extrems for his contribution to faster PSX emulation.

Zorg07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru

it's great, and it only supports chd format? supports bin and cue? how do you load it?

MeXen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's PCSX rearmed on Wii with the lightrec dynarec enabled, it runs slower because it probably it's incorporating a different software graphics renderer. WiiSXRX lightrec and earlier versions of Wiistation lightrec similarly ran slower because they didn't incorporate extrem's more optimized graphics renderer. Not enough credit is given is to extrems for his contribution to faster PSX emulation.
Oh, i didnt know that, well, i honestly dont see the point of trying the RA core at the moment, usually the RA cores are not up to date XP.

List Updated

Last edited by MeXen,

CheeseBurgerwithLove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, i didnt know that, well, i honestly dont see the point of trying the RA core at the moment, usually the RA cores are not up to date XP.

List Updated

Can you add these two pls?

- Disney Treasure's Planet: The character falls into the void on flat surfaces.

- Disney The Emperor's New Groove: Low fps (30 fps).

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lol now theres ANOTHER way to play psx on the wii lol, so confusing. It looks like its running pretty good for its first release. Needs some speed improvements though. Very cool.
Yip, you wait years for a updated Wii PS1 Emulator then 4 come at once :D
tbh its slower than expected imo but its still really early, I'm sure more speed will come with time :)
This is incredible stuff! Can you confirm if games that don't work on the current lightrec builds of WiiSX/Wiistation work on this core like Tetris with Cardcaptor Sakura or Kula World?
I haven't tried those particular games and havent tried Wiisx/Wiistation that much, but from the games i tested compatibility seemed good.
it's great, and it only supports chd format? supports bin and cue? how do you load it?
The Wii Core supports most formats (taken from the Pcsxrearmed Libretro page)

Extensions​

Content that can be loaded by the PCSX ReARMed core have the following file extensions:

• .bin
  • .cue
  • .img
  • .mdf
  • .pbp
  • .toc
  • .cbn
  • .m3u
  • .ccd
As for how do you load it, you just download the latest Retroarch build for Wii from here: https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/wii/
Extract the retroarch-wii folder to your apps folder
Place the bios in sd:/retroach/system folder (create it if its not there)
Load the HBC, boot Retroarch, choose Load Content and browse to your PS1 game :)

Also sorry @xjsxjs197 for posting all this in your thread.

Last edited by ploggy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la