Hacking WiinUPro - Pro Controller to PC Gamepad

tehspeleengpolise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was looking forward to buy the Wii U Pro Controller to use on my PC... but I don't have a Wii U
Do I really need to sync the controller with the console in order to work with this? Just once? or is this a recurring problem?
Only some people have this problem. It's unknown what causes it. There's another fix for it, which involves mashing buttons as you're connecting the controller, that works for some, while other need a WiiU to solve it.

So only some people have the problem, and only some of those need a WiiU to solve it... It's up to you to decide whether you want to take the risk or not. You can always try and then return the controller if it doesn't work though...

Reactions: NahuelDS

alessio9899

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi guys,can you help me to configure wiiupro with naruto ultimate ninja storm 3 full burst? here it's my problem: without using xbox360ce the game doesn't recognize my pad,but using x360ce it recognize wiiupro pad but anyway the pad doesn't work.
Any suggest please?

Warrior_Elite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi guys,can you help me to configure wiiupro with naruto ultimate ninja storm 3 full burst? here it's my problem: without using xbox360ce the game doesn't recognize my pad,but using x360ce it recognize wiiupro pad but anyway the pad doesn't work.
Any suggest please?

I'm thinking that it's a config issue on the emulator. Try re-configuring the buttons on the emulator.

This forum suddenly ... died. I was hoping for further production. Especially with the new version of the WiiMotes.

Reactions: tehspeleengpolise

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to use both triggers at the same time yet with x360ce? That's the only thing keeping this from being perfect for all my games (can't ADS in shooters).

EDIT: You can map the left and right mouse buttons to the triggers in WiinUPro. Not ideal, but it works.

You can give vJoy 2 sliders (U & V axis) and map those to the triggers in x360c.

I was looking forward to buy the Wii U Pro Controller to use on my PC... but I don't have a Wii U
Do I really need to sync the controller with the console in order to work with this? Just once? or is this a recurring problem?

It can happen again after you've synced it, there may be a lot of time that passes in-between but it's not safe to say it only happens once.

The main reason why I've dropped in today is to give a status update.
I've been really busy with the new job, and I'm once again moving and won't have internet at the house for who knows how long so I won't be able to offer much support. I did start on the final release a while back but it hasn't seen any code changes for a while, just some concept changes. I'm re-coding the whole thing from scratch to hopefully make the program more efficient and easier to use. I'm going to try to find more time to work on the project and hopefully I'll have internet at home so I can properly support it when it comes out, if not I'll figure something out. I may also release some updates to the Beta program to fix some issues.

Thanks everyone for your support and patience!

tehspeleengpolise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The main reason why I've dropped in today is to give a status update.
I've been really busy with the new job, and I'm once again moving and won't have internet at the house for who knows how long so I won't be able to offer much support. I did start on the final release a while back but it hasn't seen any code changes for a while, just some concept changes. I'm re-coding the whole thing from scratch to hopefully make the program more efficient and easier to use. I'm going to try to find more time to work on the project and hopefully I'll have internet at home so I can properly support it when it comes out, if not I'll figure something out. I may also release some updates to the Beta program to fix some issues.

Thanks everyone for your support and patience!

I'm happy to know that this isn't dead. Good luck with your move and your job, hope it all turns out well for you! Hopefully you will get internet soon and you will be able to find some time for stuff like coding. But take your time, and best of luck with everything happening in your life!

Reactions: KeyPuncher

fingo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When using Toshiba Bluetooth Driver, Wii U Pro Controller, Wii Remote Motion Plus, Nunchuck, VirtualJoy and WiinUPro there is a problem.
When Nunchuck is connected to Wii Remote Motion Plus, after starting WiinUPro there is an error.
If Nunckuck is disconected everything works fine.
After staring WiinUPro with disconnected Nunchuck, and then conecting Nunchuck, WiinUPro will still get the error.

Is there any work around this to solve this problem? (i mean using Wii U Pro Controler with working analog stick as joystick axes in Dolphin, and having Wii Remote Motion Plus with Nunchuck connected recognized in Dolphin at the same time)

edit
error log:
Code:
Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    wiinupro.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    1.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:    51f320e1
  Problem Signature 04:    WiimoteLib
  Problem Signature 05:    1.8.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:    51ef19de
  Problem Signature 07:    3c
  Problem Signature 08:    ab
  Problem Signature 09:    WiimoteLib.WiimoteException
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1045

tehspeleengpolise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When using Toshiba Bluetooth Driver, Wii U Pro Controller, Wii Remote Motion Plus, Nunchuck, VirtualJoy and WiinUPro there is a problem.
When Nunchuck is connected to Wii Remote Motion Plus, after starting WiinUPro there is an error.
If Nunckuck is disconected everything works fine.
After staring WiinUPro with disconnected Nunchuck, and then conecting Nunchuck, WiinUPro will still get the error.

Is there any work around this to solve this problem? (i mean using Wii U Pro Controler with working analog stick as joystick axes in Dolphin, and having Wii Remote Motion Plus with Nunchuck connected recognized in Dolphin at the same time)
The only solution afaik is to use a newer nunchuck. Older models make WiinUPro crash and throw an error. This is (hopefully) going to be fixed in the next release; however, as you can see in Keypuncher's post above this might not happen for some time (actually, the last Beta was released more than a couple months ago now, if not more than 4 or even 5).

Also, unfortunately, due to the way WUP works, it will crash even if a nunchuck is connected after it's started, even if the wiimote it's connected to isn't actually set up in WUP; it will also get unhappy if you connect stuff while it's running, and is in general picky about what you have connected. This might get fixed later, although doing that may not actually be possible. As a result, getting controllers work both through WUP and directly in Dolphin at the same time is a big pain, and currently there isn't really a fix if you want to use WUPC.

fingo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone suggested in this place -> https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wiiuprocontroller-wiilotplus-nunchuck-toshiba-vjoy-wiinupro
ive tryed to use two separate bluetooth adapters, but i didnt worked.

It may be wrong to use the same driver for both adapters (toshiba), ill try deinstaling one toshiba, and installing windows one.

edit

I used two separate drivers Microsoft one for wimote+nunchuck and toshiba for wii u pro controler but still got error:
Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index 1 is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
  at WiinUPro.WiiUProControllerForm.WiiUProControllerForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5466 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WiinUPro
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Dolphine/WiinUPro%20Beta%207%2064-Bit/WiinUPro.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
WiimoteLib
    Assembly Version: 1.8.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.8.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Dolphine/WiinUPro%20Beta%207%2064-Bit/WiimoteLib.DLL
vJoyInterfaceWrap
    Assembly Version: 2.0.1.2
    Win32 Version: 2.0.1.02
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Dolphine/WiinUPro%20Beta%207%2064-Bit/vJoyInterfaceWrap.DLL
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
InputManager
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Dolphine/WiinUPro%20Beta%207%2064-Bit/InputManager.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for posting the information. I know where the issue lies and I can fix it once I get the opportunity.
Basically not all Nunchuks are created equally, some have different IDs (as slight changes are made to them) and when I try to connect a controller with an ID that the WiimoteLib doesn't recognize it throws an error.
I'll be handling this in a later build, and for the release I will be making more modifications to the WiimoteLib to both handle more Nunchuk IDs as well as make it easy to handle unrecognized IDs and give it the option to read it like a specified controller type.

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible for you to implement the use of the Xbox's guide button? (The xbox button)
It works if you use motionjoy for PS3 controllers, but not when you use x360ce.
I could only assume that it is because of the driver?

August

Trophies
Website
shaerefest.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Hey, I found that connecting multiple controllers didn't work quite well. I did with Wii+Nunchuk as I had done with my Wii U Pro Controller and tried to connect them with "Joystick 1" and "Joystick 2" in WiinUPro. They both showed up, but joystick buttons could not be configured. Thing is, when selecting Joystick Button as input type and selecting no button (because no buttons show up), the Joy 1 that is automatically selected works fine. So the problem is probably that the buttons aren't/can't be configured.

I worked around this by creating a vJoy device with 32 buttons (and 2 sticks) and dividing them amongst the controllers. When pairing both controllers with Joystick 1 in Wii U, things work fine.

Saxton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
For some reason, despite configuring everything with the guide, WiinUPro refuses to use more than the first 3 buttons of the vJoy controller, and assigns the rest of the buttons to the keyboard.

5wpws.png

Attempting to edit the assignments manually doesn't help, since only the first 3 buttons of the virtual joystick are listed.

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
For some reason, despite configuring everything with the guide, WiinUPro refuses to use more than the first 3 buttons of the vJoy controller, and assigns the rest of the buttons to the keyboard.

5wpws.png

Attempting to edit the assignments manually doesn't help, since only the first 3 buttons of the virtual joystick are listed.

In VJoy Config make the "Target Device" not 1, for example WiinUPro recognises the buttons for me when the target device is 7.

So it should look something like this...
Untitled.png

Even if all of the axes are selected and the no. of buttons is more than 13, the controller should work normally.

Reactions: KeyPuncher

KeyPuncher

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...both showed up, but joystick buttons could not be configured...I worked around this by creating a vJoy device with 32 buttons (and 2 sticks) and dividing them amongst the controllers. When pairing both controllers with Joystick 1 in Wii U, things work fine.

... only the first 3 buttons of the virtual joystick are listed.

I'm thinking that there could possibly be something strange either with vJoy's driver or the library for detecting the joysticks.

As Fluto has suggested try using a different joystick device. As I've had to do the same, it seems that just some of the joysticks don't get recognized correctly.

Overmaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Keypuncher, please tell me you have not abandoned us like so many other programs before this.

After two days and literally five hours of fiddling, I have gotten Wiiunpro to open on my Razer Edge tablet. I know this sounds like a small task, but obviously as it is a 64bit Windows 8 and then 8.1 device with no drivers installed and built-in Bluetooth... There were many exceptions to your usual tutorial I had to surmount.

The controller is finally being recognized, but only as a keyboard interface. This is okay for now simply as a proof of progress (And with some dirty re-binds in most games, it's no problemo!) but my ideal with this program is to properly replace xinput in all programs. In general terms, I want all games that call for an Xbox controller to utilize my WUPC instead without having to drag-and-drop folders into every single one. I'll be buying a Mayflash at some point, I suppose, but I am sure this is possible without one.

Currently, my issue seems to be primarily rooted in vJoy- I have tried applying many different settings to it (And it gives me the audio confirmation that the changes are being applied, etc.) but no additional axis' are available in WiinUPro. So far only the default input assignments (I assume they are default, though they are nothing like the ones I see on your tutorial videos. For example, it defaulted binding A to E, and B to Space, and similarly misplaced things.) are cooperating. While I rebind any button press, only one axis (All four X/Y's though) is available (Defaulted to binding itself as the left stick.) even though Vjoy says I should have four. In addition to this, no POV hat or Joystick button is available.

Now, I have edited my xinput files all over the place in an attempt to make the WiinUPro run as a native Xbox controller, but I don't believe this is the cause. (Except for possibly the strange defaulting.)

If you can offer me any advice at all, I'd very much appreciate it. Additionally, I would love to meet with you through an instant messaging program sometime to talk to you a bit about this fascinating application- I've learned a lot about it in my trials and it's made me rather curious as to how it all works or if there's anything I can contribute.

Thanks.

tl;dr:
My POV hats and Joystick buttons won't appear. The selection is just blank, even though Vjoy says I should have plenty. Hepl

Edits of my endless fiddling:
Setting it to other Joystick devices seems to offer... Interesting results. Joystick 7 will not work at all. Joystick 3 will provide me with Joystick button 1 as A, but otherwise all the bindings are the same. It also took away even the one axis I had.

011.guilherme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey, guys.

I've ran into some problems with the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack. The whole setup (Vjoy and stuff) was working fine until yesterday, until I decided to mess with the vjoy configurations. I tried to change the number of buttons when my PC crashed into blue screen of death. When it restarted, the bluetooth wasn't working anymore, so I tried reinstalling it.

All seemed to be doing fine, until the installation was complete and I tried to connect my WUPC.
The software can find the controller signal, but when I try to actually connect it gives me "detection of service failed" error, so I cant't pair the device.

Since then, I've tried reinstalling it (following all these steps: WiinUPro - Wii U Pro Controller to PC Gamepad - Page 2), resintalling all sorts of drivers and even restoring the system to a point before I had installed the Toshiba BS for the first time - but still keep getting that error...

Does anyone know what causes this problem? I would like to avoid formatting my computer at the most because I have done this recently and it's too much trouble.
Thanks, everyone.

tehspeleengpolise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, guys.

I've ran into some problems with the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack. The whole setup (Vjoy and stuff) was working fine until yesterday, until I decided to mess with the vjoy configurations. I tried to change the number of buttons when my PC crashed into blue screen of death. When it restarted, the bluetooth wasn't working anymore, so I tried reinstalling it.

All seemed to be doing fine, until the installation was complete and I tried to connect my WUPC.
The software can find the controller signal, but when I try to actually connect it gives me "detection of service failed" error, so I cant't pair the device.

Since then, I've tried reinstalling it (following all these steps: WiinUPro - Wii U Pro Controller to PC Gamepad - Page 2), resintalling all sorts of drivers and even restoring the system to a point before I had installed the Toshiba BS for the first time - but still keep getting that error...

Does anyone know what causes this problem? I would like to avoid formatting my computer at the most because I have done this recently and it's too much trouble.
Thanks, everyone.

To be honest, I have a similar problem, and the toshiba BS seems to be really BS. It's so fiddly, and I have not yet been able to resolve the problem.

I am afraid I really don't have much else to say...

KakTheInfected

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How strange, I just started having this problem today as well. I think I'm finally going to break and buy the adapter since I love using the Pro pad on PC but don't have the patience to figure this out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back