da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Hey, Sup guys!
Been a while since I last posted or checked the forum but today my 5 yo son called me to "change the wiimote batteries" and I found that the batteries are fine however the wiimotes are not syncing they keep beeping and then shutdown after few secs.
I never had such problem before but I remember that holding the wii's sync button for 20 secs erases the sync data so i tried that but got the same result!!
The wii autoboots fine and I can either load wiiflow or priiloader/system menu using the wii power/reset buttons and I have an old GC controller with a broken D-Pad for emergency button press.

I know the syncing stuff is via BT and the BT problems will make the wii not boot, but I might be mistaken...
Is there anything I can do to check what's going on?

Abz

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
I merged your threads, posting everywhere in the forum will not fasten the answer, it will only split answers and information and user's help.

Are you syncing on the system menu or inside a homebrew or game? please, use the red sync button while you are on the System menu.
If you use priiloader, are you auto-booting into an USB Loader ?

a bad cIOS installation can cause wiimote sync issue (it deletes the SYSCONF data while cIOS is loaded in memory). To fix that, just reinstall the cIOS, then re-sync wiimote from system menu and try to load your USBLoader (with cIOS reloading, if your loader uses IOS58 you'll have to launch a game to reload to cIOS).

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Hello,
I merged your threads, posting everywhere in the forum will not fasten the answer, it will only split answers and information and user's help.

Are you syncing on the system menu or inside a homebrew or game? please, use the red sync button while you are on the System menu.
If you use priiloader, are you auto-booting into an USB Loader ?

a bad cIOS installation can cause wiimote sync issue (it deletes the SYSCONF data while cIOS is loaded in memory). To fix that, just reinstall the cIOS, then re-sync wiimote from system menu and try to load your USBLoader (with cIOS reloading, if your loader uses IOS58 you'll have to launch a game to reload to cIOS).
Thanks Cyan for your response, I'm syncing in System menu window ofc
Today I could no longer go to the system menu (black screen) while priiloader/autoboot to wiiflow works fine which confirms the diagnosis of dying Bluetooth module
I removed the old chip and ordered a new one which should arrive in 20 days or so
And sorry for posting in 2 sub-forums I didn't know where to post for hardware failure :)

nerubii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
1) are your wiimotes third party?
2) are you loading up games with full emunand emulation? i don't use wiiflow, so i do not know its implication.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: