wiimote pairing in 2021. new open-source app with problem

Naxil81

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi. I would like to use the wiimote as an external pad on my oppo a5 2020 to use it with retroarch. unfortunately without success. hi recently discovered a new app that should calculate the bt pin starting from the Mac address. I have 3 wiimote, 2originali and 1 third parties but only one connects but the leds continue to do blip blip and wiimote not assign player 1 (firts led). all wiimote are plus version.
the apk code is open source. who can check the code and probably enhance it? is strange we can't use wiimote on modern Android version.

https://github.com/timawesomeness/PairWiimote

check the code please Iam not a dev and I haven't any code skill

Naxil81

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
why nobodu care bout pairna wiimote on android? dolphin exist for this and can be a good pad for retrogaming...

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
This app doesn't support Wiimote Plus, which is expected. They do behave differently.

It also seems like lots of people actually got it to work, presumably with the original wiimote. Original wiimote is relatively easy to get second-handed and is also handy when working with older homebrews and playing with your PC, so I recommend you to get one.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Android dropped support for WiiMote long time ago. Some apps provide "emulation" but afaik the Android Kernel doesn't have the required bits included to be able to "natively" pair a WiiMote.

If I'm not wrong, Android 5 was the last version supporting native pairing of WiiMote.

Naxil81

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Android dropped support for WiiMote long time ago. Some apps provide "emulation" but afaik the Android Kernel doesn't have the required bits included to be able to "natively" pair a WiiMote.

If I'm not wrong, Android 5 was the last version supporting native pairing of WiiMote.
strange... no way for pair a wiimoteplus on android 10... what is the problem with new plus version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can