1. xonn

OP xonn GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    I have an old wiimote that is completely dead now, even with new batteries. Sometimes it starts and then, it can be perfectly used until batteries run out of energy, and when them are replace, the problem starts again. I have read that it could be a problem in capacitor, but it's impossible for me to find another one on Internet. I'm searching a 3300uF and 4V with no success.
    Could be replaced using another one with less/more capacity (F) and the same voltage (V).
    Thanks for your help!

2. Creeper0k

Creeper0k Newbie
    Newcomer

Russia
    Hello!
    It is advisable to change capacitors with the same characteristics as they were originally. But if you can't find one, then you can put a capacitor with a slightly increased rating (10-20%). You can also replace conventional capacitors with solid (polymer) ones, they are more reliable. But never use smaller capacitors! They will deteriorate faster than the previous ones.

Last edited by Creeper0k, Mar 11, 2021
  3. xonn

OP xonn GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Thanks @Creeper0k
    It's really difficult to find a replacement capacitor for a wiimote >.<

4. Jayro

Jayro MediCat Dev and Gameboy Modder
    Developer

United States
    You can always use a higher voltage cap, but don't go below 4v, if that's what it came with. A 5v, 9v, etc should work fine, just keep the capacitance the same.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - replacement, capacitor, Wiimote