OP
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Another anniversary

Today, Wiimmfi runs exactly 2231 days (6 years + 1 month + 8 days). And that is exactly the number of days with which the original Mario Kart Wii could be played on the original Nintendo/Gamespy servers. From now on Wiimmfi.de exists longer. So a special Wiimmfi anniversary!

MKW-Fun 2020-06.v1 released to honor this event.

Last edited by Wiimm,

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another anniversary

Today, Wiimmfi runs exactly 2231 days (6 years + 1 month + 8 days). And that is exactly the number of days with which the original Mario Kart Wii could be played on the original Nintendo/Gamespy servers. From now on Wiimmfi.de exists longer. So a special Wiimmfi anniversary!

MKW-Fun 2020-06.v1 released to honor this event.
It's honestly crazy how quickly time flew. I can't believe Wiimmfi is already older than MKW official servers! Kudos for keeping this alive for this long!

Tardisusers21

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Attachments

• Call-Of-Duty-World-At-War-PAL-Wii-FULL.jpg
    Call-Of-Duty-World-At-War-PAL-Wii-FULL.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 415

TheThief

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I got Mario Kart Wii working on Wifi today, I hadnt connected for a long time and the game needed a patch so I installed USBLoaderGX r1271 and the patch worked and I played a few rounds. I used to also play one of wiims mario kart retro in wbfs format so I tried that and once I tried connecting online I got "Error Code: 23917" which upon checking the site is a wiimmfi access deny. I checked usbloader gx for any cheats on but ocarina option is off. I then tried to return to "vanilla/original" Mario Kart Wii and it now returns the same code. I'm not sure if this is a ban and if so what is the reason, as I am only trying to connect to the service with no cheats or hacks.

Update: I checked wiimmfi website and the ban is due to using a custom track distribution in worldwide. The ban is for only 15 minutes thank goodness, was hoping to start playing with friends online later today.
And upon reading further online play is limited to private lobbies or under "worldwide" is a custom server(normally regional) specifically for that distribution of the game.

Last edited by TheThief,
Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
And another announcement: We'll be performing some maintenance on Wiimmfi today at 16:00 UTC for non-Mario-Kart-Wii games. If you're playing MKWii you won't notice anything, if you're playing other games you might get kicked or might not be able to connect to Wiimmfi at that time.
Will we notice any improvements/changes for these games afterwards?

Reactions: BlazeMasterBM

leseratte

Wiimmfi Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes and no. You can check the link at https://wiimmfi.de/update where we've now published what we did during the maintenance period. There's a bunch of new patchers that A) fix a security issue in a bunch of non-MKWii games and B) adds UPnP (which improves the connection stability if your router supports it) for MKWii, SSBB and Animal Crossing. So you might see improvements in these games if you have a shitty connection.

For games other than these three, there aren't any noticeable improvements.

leseratte

Wiimmfi Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't even think it was updated at all for the "old" MKWii Wiimmfi update back in 2018. Is that loader still being developed? I though that has been dead for a long time.

DarthBellic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even think it was updated at all for the "old" MKWii Wiimmfi update back in 2018. Is that loader still being developed? I though that has been dead for a long time.
when i tested the wiimfii stuff it worked, tho i never got to testing mkwii on the modded CFG build

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello