PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
The update works wonderfully for me. I've just been playing Mario Galaxy for a few hours. Brilliant game so far
smile.gif

mattm025

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything specific you did when you burned it? I've now gone through two dvds, one normal burn, the other padded. Neither discs work.

mattm025

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's actually what I used. I burned both at 4x. Would it be best to burn at 2x? Any specific brand I should be using (I'm using Sony dvd-r)?

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I appreciate the update, but I could have done without the sexy butt in my face while I updated. It was a little annoying to have that spring up with my wife and kids nearby.

I had the exact same problem! wife - kid - butt(?)

bobtastic

Trophies
XP
Country
Right. Does anyone else have the same problem as me?

PAL Wii
1.9g (obviously)

Burnt 1st disc - RegionFrii - 10% - Went fine
Burnt 2nd disc - BrickBlocker - Won't run disc at all
Burnt 3rd disc - BrickBlocker + RegionFrii = Get's to the "use your Wii Strap" screen and after that i get the 'disc cannot be read' screen.

So I eject the disc, and insert my 2nd disc and it will carry on booting the game fine and I can play it.
But it's a bit of a long method to get it playing.

What have i done wrong?
I'm using IMGburner. And i forgot to untick the 'verify' box for the 1st and 2nd discs. (heard that can mess it up?)

buggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having the same problem. I've got two discs that I'm swapping back and forth as soon as DRE appears.
Gonna test another media/burner later.

Kylix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"Yeah, I read the instructions and did everything it said to do, step by step, with no luck.

After I updated the wiikey firmware to 1.9g, I went to turn the Wii off, but pressed reset just before - the message about not turning off the wii while updating came up a split-second before the console shut down.

Now it won't read any of my backups, including update & config disks. I've tried the recovery method several times but it seems to have had no effect. I thought it might have been a problem with the disc, so I've burned the recovery disk 3 times now with different programs and at different speeds, with and without filechop, but my Wii still refuses to read anything that's not an original Wii disc. Hmm.. just seems like I'm running out of options.

Thanks for trying to help though, mate. If you can think of anything that might work or help in any way, it'd be much appreciated - I'm just pissed off at myself at the minute for not being more careful"

Anyone got any ideas, or am I just gonna have to get myself a new Wii/Wiikey?

Has anyone actually successfully used the recovery disk, or is it just bullshit?

j5c077

some old guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone else had this problem?

i played through the first bit of the game, i get to the part with the first planet. i beat the egg thing boss, and when i go back to the planet for the 2nd star, the game freezes on a white screen..

i bet you have a Burn error
you should try to burn it again 4X Speed

i burned it at 4x

then at 2x

same problem

im using the same media i've always used (phillips lightscribe) with nero 8

i guess its not happening to anyone else
frown.gif

ok, i' used clonecd instead of nero and i even burnt at freakin 1x. it keeps freezing on a white screen at the 2nd level on every disc i try to make
frown.gif

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
"Yeah, I read the instructions and did everything it said to do, step by step, with no luck.

After I updated the wiikey firmware to 1.9g, I went to turn the Wii off, but pressed reset just before - the message about not turning off the wii while updating came up a split-second before the console shut down.

Now it won't read any of my backups, including update & config disks. I've tried the recovery method several times but it seems to have had no effect. I thought it might have been a problem with the disc, so I've burned the recovery disk 3 times now with different programs and at different speeds, with and without filechop, but my Wii still refuses to read anything that's not an original Wii disc. Hmm.. just seems like I'm running out of options.

Thanks for trying to help though, mate. If you can think of anything that might work or help in any way, it'd be much appreciated - I'm just pissed off at myself at the minute for not being more careful"

Anyone got any ideas, or am I just gonna have to get myself a new Wii/Wiikey?

Has anyone actually successfully used the recovery disk, or is it just bullshit?

I'm sure having a distracting background image instead of a solid black background didn't help either.

Kylix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well there is that. Damn that ass!

I even left my Wii on overnight with the recovery disk in, in case it decided it wanted to work.

It didn't.

omgwtfbbqq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To make this clear for everyone:

1. RegioFrii SMG and burn iso
2. Let the update reach 10-15%, pull the plug!
3. BrickBlock the already RegionFrii'd SMG.iso and burn a new iso disc.
4. Boot with the new disc and it will work =)

Note: The conditions for this to work is that you have updated your Wiikey to 1.9g and uve got 3.1E firmware on your Wii. Enjoy this simple guide =)

curiousmike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My experience.
I have a US Wii... I know I had run Metroid Prime on it, so the Wii system had been updated.

I have no idea what my Wiikey was flashed to.

1. I downloaded, burned, and installed 1.9g. It seemed successfull.
2. I downloaded, burned, and booted Mario Galaxy. It did a system update.
3. I re-booted the Wii, booted Mario Galaxy, and I got a dialog saying "not a valid system" or something. I figured I was screwed.
4. I re-installed 1.9g.
5. I rebooted Mario Galaxy, and it's working.

Phew.

slickric33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
simple qusetion . been away on vaca w/ wife and kids . to update wikey i assume i just burn downloaded us wii update 1.9g , then what. i assume i power up wi ,insert disk ,then what, does a menu screen come up when clicking on disk icon. does it auto update , icant find any exact instructions .. thanks cant wait to try mario galexy

slickric33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry guys , just did some more reading . after updating (when i find out how) do i burn smg w/ or w/ out brickblocker or do i have to burn both ways and do some kind of dreamcast swap trick thanks

Malboro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
YES! Wiikey update worked perfectly
happy.gif
and MPC 3 Works.

But now I need to wait that SMG is finished
frown.gif
. It is downloading so slow even I have 8/1 internet connection
mad.gif

spankachu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Read through all the posts, and I have a unique problem:

1. Installed 1.9g. Seemed successful.
2. Popped in Mario Galaxy. It starts the system update, gets to about 50% and pauses there for 5 seconds before saying the update was n9ot successful. Tried a few more times with the same thing.

Any suggestions? (reburning another copy now)

Edit: Reburned the copy and it worked perfectly! Woo!

lifeby80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I am new to all of this... I updated the fireware to 1.9g, but the only way for me to get it to complete and get the homer voice was by ejecting the disc before hitting reset each time during the update.

I get the homer voice at the end ... but i still have #001 error... I'm on a macintosh, also.

Baaaah! I'm going crazy!!! I don't get this isn't working!?!?!

I'm still getting homer voice, but #001 error.

I coudln't get the 1.9g update to work with verbatim DVD-r or these Sony DVD-R... I then tried CompUSA DVD+R and the update runs, but obviously isn't working. Is there a certain brand that I should use? Could this be the real problem?

Edit: Posts edited together, duplicate deleted. Don't double post.
lecture.gif
- Ace

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work