Hardware Wiikey trouble

Tsuchy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Jap Wii with GC2-D2B
I just bought my pre-solder Wiiclip + Wiikey from http://www.wii-chip.co.uk/wii-mod/index.html. So i installed onto my wii. Everything loaded just fine when i turned on my wii. I tried putting in like the Jap version Update disc for the wiikey. I burnt it on like Sony DvD+R @ 4x with imgburn.. had it Verify and everything. I pop it into my wii and all i got was an error message with a question mark. I tried the same thing with a different burner and all i get is the same problem that it wont load
I have no idea whats going on? any solution?

Tsuchy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That didnt load either
sleep.gif
.. i might go try burning dvd-r discs

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Nope you can use DVD+R but they never work on my Wii for some reason. I also have been having trouble too. Alot of times my Wii can't read the burned disc and it takes a good 5 times or so to read the burned disc (genuines work fine). I guessing it is a common problem seeing how you are using a mod-chip but it still gets me a little angry.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I was having some serious similar problems with my wiikey. I endind up opening it back up, realizing some wires were lightly crossing, and fixing that fixed the problem. Might not be the same as your guys' cases, just saying.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago said:
I was having some serious similar problems with my wiikey. I endind up opening it back up, realizing some wires were lightly crossing, and fixing that fixed the problem. Might not be the same as your guys' cases, just saying.
Yeah because I have a Wii-Clip. So its not the same problem but thanks anyways!
yaynds.gif

atomiccow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To both of you - try different media.
Get some higher quality DVD-R's, as the Wii is picky about media. I've heard good things about Verbatim.

From personal experience with a brand new Wiikey + Wii Clip..
TDK 16x DVD-R burnt at 4x (my drive max) = works, some discs DRE often.
Memorex 16x DVD-R burnt at 4x (max) = works, haven't had a single DRE yet, but I haven't used them as much. I also had 1 burn that didn't work at all, but that's probably not the disc's fault.

..That's all I've got so far. I would say go with Verbatim or Memorex. There's a wiki page somewhere talking about good media. After you buy some DVD-Rs, you can read the mediacode with a program like dvdinfopro and check on the wiki for the average result for that type of disc.

Tsuchy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This getting so retarded.. i just bought like the memorex 16x dvd-r burnt at 4x stupid config disc and update disc wont load at all..... i may assuming the chip might not work at all.. ugh
sleep.gif
maybe ill go grab my friends wii who also has D2B only American.. it really pisses me off right now..

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably got a clone wiikey, which are a pain in the ass to get to work for the first time. Just do a little bit of googling on clone wiikey setup disks, and I think you might find your problem.

I've dealt with many a clone, and they're very picky about what disks, media codes, and GC disc-ids they will read.

Also to make it even more of a pain in the ass, Nintendo introduced a kind of block for wiikey setup disks with their 3.0U/E/J update, rendering the GC disc-id of the official wiikey setup disks inoperable under chips that have yet to be updated to combat the prevention. I think you'll find yourself hex editing, and checking some maxconsole stickies on clone wiikeys in the near future.

Once you "update" (it actually installs the wiikey firmware because clones only have the first few bytes of wiikey teams code, since they are either cheap, lazy, or stupid) your chip, you won't have any of these issues, and you'll have a fully functioning wiikey. I'm telling you this in assurance that you won't need to change your chip due to the fact it's a clone.

Tsuchy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok Ill try to look for a clone wiikey setup.. i dont want to waste any more of my dvd disc >.< so sad everytime i burn one and it doesnt work sigh

Tsuchy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok.. so i tried looking for a clone update disc.. i thought i found one and tried it out. .it didnt work at all
sleep.gif

then i tried installing the wiikey clip onto my friends wii .. its American and like d2b as well .. i used the American update disc.. it couldnt detect at all..
unless someone knows where ic an get like the clone wiikey disc setup.. else im going to email the ppl i bought from

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Tsuchy said:
Ok.. so i tried looking for a clone update disc.. i thought i found one and tried it out. .it didnt work at all
sleep.gif

then i tried installing the wiikey clip onto my friends wii .. its American and like d2b as well .. i used the American update disc.. it couldnt detect at all..
unless someone knows where ic an get like the clone wiikey disc setup.. else im going to email the ppl i bought from
There's probably something wrong with the chip. Do original games work fine?

Tsuchy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Original Games boot up just fine. I have no trouble with it all. The Chip is still inside.. .. i can still play all my games just not the backups disc wont load config and update disc

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Tsuchy said:
Original Games boot up just fine. I have no trouble with it all. The Chip is still inside.. .. i can still play all my games just not the backups disc wont load config and update disc
Are your sure that it's attached properly? You've clipped it on the correct way, even?

Tsuchy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeSchn said:
Where did you buy it from, It might be a fake.
ITs on my first post from a UK Site

Livin in a box said:
QUOTE(Tsuchy @ Aug 12 2008, 09:51 PM) Original Games boot up just fine. I have no trouble with it all. The Chip is still inside.. .. i can still play all my games just not the backups disc wont load config and update disc
Are your sure that it's attached properly? You've clipped it on the correct way, even?

Yea i did, i saw the picture exactly how it was, i pressed it down evenly to make sure it stayed on. Well I'm hoping the website i order from will replace me with a new chip or something. They said if i send my Drive with the Presolder chip i order from them. they'll make sure it will work I hope
sleep.gif

Tsuchy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so i realize what my trouble was for my wii... turns out i didnt notice my pins were cut
sleep.gif
on my wii. The website i order from told me that i can exchange for a different product..

Now the question is Wasabi or D2sun?

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Tsuchy said:
Ok, so i realize what my trouble was for my wii... turns out i didnt notice my pins were cut
sleep.gif
on my wii. The website i order from told me that i can exchange for a different product..

Now the question is Wasabi or D2sun?
D2Pro. With the Wasabi you need to solder one wire on and I don't know about the D2sun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-